Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I hear ya man. Honestly I am not a pesticide lover but I also know that they sometimes have their place. Botanigard is an excellent tool, though it's best suited to a combination approach, used along side another pesticide like orthene for a seperate mode of action. There is a chance that relying on botanigard alone wont give a complete kill which is what you need with RA's, otherwise theyll continually come back to haunt you.
This is just my 2 cents man, not trying to talk you into anything you dont want to do. Just saying what I'd do.. I'm not really a gambling man and do not like taking chances, if it was me,... it would be a one and done bomb drop over aphid town lol.. See ya later fuckers! hahaha. And I'd do it while they were still young in the nursery pots before transplant.

That approach also nearly guarantees the plants will get 3 months of growth after application, so it's out of the system at harvest. Taking chances, you might end up fighting them again in flower, and that's no fun at all.

Wish you luck dude, following to see how you make out for sure.

You would use it even after cleaning out the room completely?

What product do you recommend?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You would use it even after cleaning out the room completely?

What product do you recommend?

After battling RA's I would for sure as the last step in an IPM plan. Consider it preventative for a known pest at this point. I'd recommend Merit 75 used at 1/2 tsp per 5 gallons of nutrient solution, one application should do it but I'd also recommend hitting them with botanigard about 5 days after using merit. That will protect the plant for a good month and a half, killing any potential RA's long enough to stop the cycle of any eggs hatching.

If you make it to the end of the cycle with no reemergence then you dont need to use it again ever really, unless they come back sometime down the road. But then you'll have it, and merit unlike botanigard lasts one hell of a long time stored properly. Botanigard expires after like 6 months or something.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

After battling RA's I would for sure as the last step in an IPM plan. Consider it preventative for a known pest at this point. I'd recommend Merit 75 used at 1/2 tsp per 5 gallons of nutrient solution, one application should do it but I'd also recommend hitting them with botanigard about 5 days after using merit. That will protect the plant for a good month and a half, killing any potential RA's long enough to stop the cycle of any eggs hatching.

If you make it to the end of the cycle with no reemergence then you dont need to use it again ever really, unless they come back sometime down the road. But then you'll have it, and merit unlike botanigard lasts one hell of a long time stored properly. Botanigard expires after like 6 months or something.

Botanigard powder says 18 months.

I found this but it's generic.

https://www.amazon.com/Imidacloprid...1&keywords=imidacloprid&qid=1598206024&sr=8-4

Or ahould i find merit 75 and not trust copies?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Botanigard powder says 18 months.

I found this but it's generic.

https://www.amazon.com/Imidacloprid...1&keywords=imidacloprid&qid=1598206024&sr=8-4

Or ahould i find merit 75 and not trust copies?
Quali-pro is a good brand. Any 75% imidacloprid will work really. I just wouldnt use a concentration lower than 75% is the main thing.

That's interesting about botanigard, my bag of it was only a month old but had an expiry date on it 6 months from time of purchase. I didnt look at what the company said.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Quali-pro is a good brand. Any 75% imidacloprid will work really. I just wouldnt use a concentration lower than 75% is the main thing.

That's interesting about botanigard, my bag of it was only a month old but had an expiry date on it 6 months from time of purchase. I didnt look at what the company said.

Mine is 3 months from manufacture date so i got a while.

The small bottle merit brand stuff is out of stock and discontinued. So i will buy the linked quali pro 75 and treat all plants when they get into the one gallon.

I wanted to give time for eggs to hatch and them to find the plants again.

That will still give more than 3 months to harvest.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Mine is 3 months from manufacture date so i got a while.

The small bottle merit brand stuff is out of stock and discontinued. So i will buy the linked quali pro 75 and treat all plants when they get into the one gallon.

I wanted to give time for eggs to hatch and them to find the plants again.

That will still give more than 3 months to harvest.

I suggest treating them in the small cups right before you transplant. You'll leave less residual pesticide in the soil that way. With Imid you arent thinking about contacting aphids with it, you just want the plant to suck it up and become toxic to aphids itself. The imid will move through the plant and new roots as it grows. Even if you had live root aphids in the 1 gal of fresh soil and had only treated the solo cups with imid before transplant, the plant will still kill any aphids for over a month. So the aphids in the 1 gal are done and dont stand a chance, regardless of only treating the solo cup. I'm having trouble finding a way to explain this, does that make sense?

Basically you want to use as little Imid as possible, and it takes a lot less to drench solo cups compared to 1 gals.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I suggest treating them in the small cups right before you transplant. You'll leave less residual pesticide in the soil that way. With Imid you arent thinking about contacting aphids with it, you just want the plant to suck it up and become toxic to aphids itself. The imid will move through the plant and new roots as it grows. Even if you had live root aphids in the 1 gal of fresh soil and had only treated the solo cups with imid before transplant, the plant will still kill any aphids for over a month. So the aphids in the 1 gal are done and dont stand a chance, regardless of only treating the solo cup. I'm having trouble finding a way to explain this, does that make sense?

Basically you want to use as little Imid as possible, and it takes a lot less to drench solo cups compared to 1 gals.

Thank you for explaining that so well. We just ordered it from amazon so if its here in a week or so i will do as you instruct.

It is possible i need to transplant up that first pair. I meant to have the plants together but some of the old seeds did not germ so i ended up with a gap so im planting 4 pairs for the first run for 4 staggared harvests.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

We rode some of the cross country running track nearby today. They cancelled the high school races but my brother in law and his family cleaned up some of this track. Its right by his house.

Man I love riding bikes in the woods!

Climbing hills is hard. ;-)

1D8FEB65 F9AA 4C86 BCBD 0E329655F61D

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thank you for explaining that so well. We just ordered it from amazon so if its here in a week or so i will do as you instruct.

It is possible i need to transplant up that first pair. I meant to have the plants together but some of the old seeds did not germ so i ended up with a gap so im planting 4 pairs for the first run for 4 staggared harvests.

Right on, in that case if they're still small just dont drench the whole 1 gal, instead give them roughly the same amount of Imid solution you gave the other ones in solo cups, maybe a smidge more if they've grown a bit. Imid being systemic, it's an issue of dosing with the right amount of it to toxify the plant to pests, based on the size of the plant. It's even used as a seed emergence treatment to protect plants in the first month of growth using incredibly minute amounts of product. You're always best getting on top of the situation when the plants are young and small with plenty of time to grow out using something like this. But it's extremely effective.

Just dont get hooked on it,.., you'll be so laid back this grow because you'll have NO fucking bugs lol.

Nice riding spot by the way! Good to see you out and active bud!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Just waiting for the imid in the mail and watching the seedlings start to take off after week 2. And the 2 little citral x Pow 33 seedlings just got their cups filled up and a .7ec feed of protekt and Foliage Pro.

Seem to be growing fast under the 600w hortilux blue.

FBBC36BA 5C31 431D A768 7A3D4E6E5C24

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Just waiting for the imid in the mail and watching the seedlings start to take off after week 2. And the 2 little citral x Pow 33 seedlings just got their cups filled up and a .7ec feed of protekt and Foliage Pro.

Seem to be growing fast under the 600w hortilux blue.

View attachment 1022025
Looking great thus far MiMed happy grows.

Edit
I jut fed foliage pro and protekt 3 days ago and they took to it well.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I wanted to report after a months cure on the last 4 plants i harvested all finished with foliage pro and protect all strains are definitely more resinous and smellier than with pure blend pro. Not just smellier but tastier. The pure blend pro added something similar to all strains and he foliage pro seems to more brin out each individual strains characteristics.

This is not a scientific review by any means. But both mrs. Mmg and i said the same thing. The new plants are better.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I wanted to report after a months cure on the last 4 plants i harvested all finished with foliage pro and protect all strains are definitely more resinous and smellier than with pure blend pro. Not just smellier but tastier. The pure blend pro added something similar to all strains and he foliage pro seems to more brin out each individual strains characteristics.

This is not a scientific review by any means. But both mrs. Mmg and i said the same thing. The new plants are better.
I definitely saw that last grow as well. Great trichome production. This grow im experimenting with mag pro and bloom. I know they say you don’t need them through harvest but I want to see the difference in taste and size, if any. Supposedly the mag pro can be used as a bloom booster per say, bringing out the fragrance, color, and size. I sourced the bottles locally pretty cheap, so why not? I’ll keep you updated.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I definitely saw that last grow as well. Great trichome production. This grow im experimenting with mag pro and bloom. I know they say you don’t need them through harvest but I want to see the difference in taste and size, if any. Supposedly the mag pro can be used as a bloom booster per say, bringing out the fragrance, color, and size. I sourced the bottles locally pretty cheap, so why not? I’ll keep you updated.

Its good for the sulfer. Not a ton in the foliage pro. I have it in my well water. And although my water is light on mag it has not been a problem with the limed potting soil.

I think the micronutrient uptake is enhanced compared to pure blend pro. It relies on kelp for a complete profile and dyna grow says they reformulated the trace elements for marijuana.

Im noticing foliage pro gets used up more between feeds. Less excess buildup compared to the other nutes i have tried. Also could be that i have gotten better at guessing how much they will need. Or a little of both. ;-)

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

don't u ever forget

med

u and the regulars on ur thread

inspire/ed

u are dbag

the beachez

have supported me

we

us

with centuries of knowledge

wisdom

collectively

don't u ever forget

u been a part of my library

influence

inspiring to strive

to always do our best

y'all are equally a part of what 420's ms sweetsue

is talkin bout here

don't u ever forget it

my mentorz n friends

thiz is every bit

all of our daze

not let's go help

just

one

chick i wanna write for, fighting ceo rob of the asswipe mag

because we share

it's our advantage over Pfizerz

n what this means

to me

to smokerz like u med

mix it up

across the boardz

exponential entourage

less pot:

"You ha met failed. There is no failure anyway, since all we’re doing is collecting data. In an eternal universe there’s always a chance for another opportunity.

But the blended oils are indeed more potent than individuals, and when you mix eight or more strains you get a supercharged oil product. It makes perfect sense and upholds everything Cajun told me and what I’ve witnessed in my research.

And I think you’re right in that it doesn’t much matter what strains you combine. Pick any number of random strains and blend them into one glorious oil. Watch healing commence.

You did well, and I thank you for lighting this fire under me. 🤗🤗🤗 I’m not sure yet where this will eventually go, but it’ll go somewhere significant, of that I’m certain. "

thank you mr and mrs mimed

and company

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

don't u ever forget

med

u and the regulars on ur thread

inspire/ed

u are dbag

the beachez

have supported me

we

us

with centuries of knowledge

wisdom

collectively

don't u ever forget

u been a part of my library

influence

inspiring to strive

to always do our best

y'all are equally a part of what 420's ms sweetsue

is talkin bout here

don't u ever forget it

my mentorz n friends

thiz is every bit

all of our daze

not let's go help

just

one

chick i wanna write for, fighting ceo rob of the asswipe mag

because we share

it's our advantage over Pfizerz

n what this means

to me

to smokerz like u med

mix it up

across the boardz

exponential entourage

less pot:

"You ha met failed. There is no failure anyway, since all we’re doing is collecting data. In an eternal universe there’s always a chance for another opportunity.

But the blended oils are indeed more potent than individuals, and when you mix eight or more strains you get a supercharged oil product. It makes perfect sense and upholds everything Cajun told me and what I’ve witnessed in my research.

And I think you’re right in that it doesn’t much matter what strains you combine. Pick any number of random strains and blend them into one glorious oil. Watch healing commence.

You did well, and I thank you for lighting this fire under me. 🤗🤗🤗 I’m not sure yet where this will eventually go, but it’ll go somewhere significant, of that I’m certain. "

thank you mr and mrs mimed

and company

Thank you for the kind words bud. :-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@Dirtbag you said 1/2 teaspoon for 5 gallons water of merit 75.

I have here criterian 75 wsp which seems to be direct equivalent.

How much for 1 gallon or even a half gallon. I dont have small enough measuring stuff. Lol.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Dirtbag you said 1/2 teaspoon for 5 gallons water of merit 75.

I have here criterian 75 wsp which seems to be direct equivalent.

How much for 1 gallon or even a half gallon. I dont have small enough measuring stuff. Lol.
Teaspoon is 5 ml. 5ml = 5grams. 2.5g per 5 gal.

So I would say 0.5gram per gal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom