Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Much improvement overnight for the Flushed and re-fed Citral x Pow 33’s.

:-)

E6C4C601 559B 463F ABFA 9C47CCCE3297

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

With all going on I forgot to mention i had possible well water problems before the root aphid infestation took over.

In between seasons here it rains. And with lake effect weather sometimes a lot and real hard.

The rain seems to change my water quality but not the ec (ppm). At least not enough to tead on a blue lab truncheon.

The soluble iron and sulfer eating bacteria increase. And i have always had calcium or mag issues or both during this time. Its partly why i missed the root aphids. I already had a similar deficiency from time to time.

I am pretty sure that is what happened to the Black Widow x BLT’s after transplant. The iron builds up and solidifies like it does on my shower and faucet screens. And it blocks out calcium.

So i am now filtering all growroom water through a britta style sink filter.

And all the plants that have gotten it have perked up so we will see if it helps as the winter comes.

Although the droopy plants yesterday may have reacted to the botanigard.

Too many variables right now to be sure.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Also my almost 7 year old Blue Lab Truncheon ec meter gliched last night.

I changed the batteries as the ones inside were a bit corroded. It took a minute but came back working. I think there is corrosion inside the unit.

Not complaining if I need to replace my favorite gardening tool after 7 years of service.

Damn flu! Used to be $99. Now $135.

Harvard

Harvard

I changed the batteries as the ones inside were a bit corroded. It took a minute but came back working. I think there is corrosion inside the unit.

Not complaining if I need to replace my favorite gardening tool after 7 years of service.

After reading all these posts on root aphids I bought some BotaniGard (few months ago) just for a preventative step. Definitely noticed some drooping and even a slower water uptake the couple times I used it, all in the veg cycle.
I’ve always had a few fungus gnats and spring tails other than that no pests allowed here!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Every thing has a increased in price significantly! Most of the products for my business has increased avg. of 7%! Sux

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

After reading all these posts on root aphids I bought some BotaniGard (few months ago) just for a preventative step. Definitely noticed some drooping and even a slower water uptake the couple times I used it, all in the veg cycle.
I’ve always had a few fungus gnats and spring tails other than that no pests allowed here!

Thanks for the feedback. I was warned to back them off the light after treatment but these were fine until they went under the cmh.

And just fyi microbe lift bmc at 4 drops per gallon eliminated fungus gnats for me. Also used hanging sticky cards to snag the fliers.

Moshmen

Moshmen

That does suck. Bet margins were thin enough before!
It’s just a huge jump at once! We all have been conditioned for the small increases but I’m kinda scared to see where it goes over the next year or two? - I looking to purchase mire lights and same deal, sometimes
a 25% increase ? On the Chinese stuff! Lol but kingbrite just sent me a hell of deal on a gavita 1700 copy! Sketchy but tempting

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It’s just a huge jump at once! We all have been conditioned for the small increases but I’m kinda scared to see where it goes over the next year or two? - I looking to purchase mire lights and same deal, sometimes
a 25% increase ? On the Chinese stuff! Lol but kingbrite just sent me a hell of deal on a gavita 1700 copy! Sketchy but tempting

Can I see?

Moshmen

Moshmen

Yes but I was redirected to Meiji but they peaked my interest we will c- right now I think my budget is gonna allow the hlg 650 r is what I’m prolly gonna get, unless kingbrite cums up with something special this is what they are trying to sell me - but pretty sure I’m stay with the hlg this time - and add another 240 kingbrite - hell idk so many options ! Lol

42451820 EA31 4354 ACF7 2FD5D49CBCE2
3A1F3CB6 D65D 42C6 967A 3CC55386510E
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes but I was redirected to Meiji but they peaked my interest we will c- right now I think my budget is gonna allow the hlg 650 r is what I’m prolly gonna get, unless kingbrite cums up with something special this is what they are trying to sell me - but pretty sure I’m stay with the hlg this time - and add another 240 kingbrite - hell idk so many options ! Lol

Vicky from kingbrite sent you this?

Moshmen

Moshmen

Vicky from kingbrite sent you this?
No - someone posing as a kingbrite rep I think ? But it’s obviously not a kingbrite product not like it matters but I bought my kingbrites from Vicky and I have emailed her just to see what kinda deals they may have?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

Have you tried cleaning the electrodes? I use ceramabrite stovetop cleaner. Any kind of mild pummice cream works really well. Thats often the issue with those things.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Have you tried cleaning the electrodes? I use ceramabrite stovetop cleaner. Any kind of mild pummice cream works really well. Thats often the issue with those things.

Yes i clean them with barkeepers friend every few weeks. This was more of an electrical contact problem. The led’s showed dull a few minutes. Also a few after i changed the batteries. I suspect corrosion on the contacts inside the battery compartment.

I am likely to buy one and keep the old one as a backup.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

No - someone posing as a kingbrite rep I think ? But it’s obviously not a kingbrite product not like it matters but I bought my kingbrites from Vicky and I have emailed her just to see what kinda deals they may have?

Or vicky song is a sales manager for more companies than kingbrite. Meiju is actually older in the led game. But its just a name i think. Shenzen may all be together?

Moshmen

Moshmen

Or vicky song is a sales manager for more companies than kingbrite. Meiju is actually older in the led game. But its just a name i think. Shenzen may all be together?
I think they are all separate factories( May use same shit ) but all part of the Shenzhen family - I have had good luck with the king brites so far but .... well after reading a million and 1 posts and countsless websites I do believe there is a significant difference - in my opinion I believe -gavita-hlg- fluence are my best pre build warranties proven on multiple grows. Hell may b even in that order? Lol

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Seems when ya get a message from one company ya get em from all . Lol

Did you message through the website? That may be why. But why is vicky song the manager at kingbrite name on the meiju quote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom