Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm within a week or less of harvesting my last summer plant, a big sativa north of 100 days bloom already

I've forgotten to check the roots on the others but I have a reminder set on this last one, so at least I'm going to know for sure what, if anything I've got going on in my soil

Probably nothing but I've been a little freaked out since I saw your whole root critter thing going on and that infestation of aphids on my tomatoe plants earlier this year didn't add any peace of mind either LOL

I think the heat wave early summer brought a lot of bugs to a lot of growers.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hey guys. look for some BC Headache powders, they are kick ass aspirin. come in individually wrapped powders of 1000mg...thought you may find that useful. Always learning something following you cats around here :)

That sounds like a handy way to handle the dosing. Thanks.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yea, acetaminophen is not asprin. It's also interesting to note this: acetylsalicylic acid (asprin) comes from the bark of a willow tree. Those same willow trees that we use branches to make rooting hormones for sprouting roots on clones, it's a simlar line of reasoning.

But, Salicylic acid (SA) is a natural phytohormone found in plants where it plays many roles in plant growth, photosynthesis, transpiration, ion uptake, and defense against pathogens.

Gardeners have taken this information and made the following connection. SA exists in plants and is important for plant growth. ASA reduces pain in humans just like SA, and its name sounds similar, so it must also be good for plant growth.

It is important to understand that although SA and ASA are similar chemically, you can’t conclude they will have the same effect on plants.

I would try to find a more pure form of sailcylic acid, without it's acetyl component. My suggestion would be to locate a willow tree in your area and go from there, if possible.

(break branches, soak in water, and put water on plant).

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yea, acetaminophen is not asprin. It's also interesting to note this: acetylsalicylic acid (asprin) comes from the bark of a willow tree. Those same willow trees that we use branches to make rooting hormones for sprouting roots on clones, it's a simlar line of reasoning.

But, Salicylic acid (SA) is a natural phytohormone found in plants where it plays many roles in plant growth, photosynthesis, transpiration, ion uptake, and defense against pathogens.

Gardeners have taken this information and made the following connection. SA exists in plants and is important for plant growth. ASA reduces pain in humans just like SA, and its name sounds similar, so it must also be good for plant growth.

It is important to understand that although SA and ASA are similar chemically, you can’t conclude they will have the same effect on plants.

I would try to find a more pure form of sailcylic acid, without it's acetyl component. My suggestion would be to locate a willow tree in your area and go from there, if possible.

(break branches, soak in water, and put water on plant).

I was kidding about the tylenol. ;-)

And what you wrote is what i have read on the subject. Aspirin isnt really a source.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So I had to yell at our cat “Monster” to stop kicking around her water fountain. So she punched her food dispenser and walked away in a huff.

7CFE48C6 159A 4DB5 97EA 100A910A9718

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

MIMed does she bit?

Not to hurt us. But she does get carried away playing and may draw a little blood. Its usually me being too aggresive though. She has been totally great with guests.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Bent some plants and tied them down. I use binder clips on the edge of the pot and soft flexible wire tie. And i always brace the main stem to prevent the roots from pulling up.

Hopefully the lower branches will grow up and make a bush.

94D5585C F570 4000 A95B 2169B40ADA22
BF0D0725 B8E6 483F 92CB BC5233C526FF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom