• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Veg tent:

The 2 troubled girls are looking better but not quite happy. They did get a good amount of water poured through and at least a day early which I usually hope to avoid. The smaller pair looks pretty good.

0D923670 C6C8 4542 BF04 F27FBC16FB55

They are at full 315 watts now and about 36” away. But it still might be too much. Transitioning from the open room under a glass enclosed mh even at 600 watts seemed less intense to them than the 315 phillips 3100k in a closed reflective tent under a verticle open reflector at the same 3 feet away.

I can dim and turn the exhaust fan down to maintain temp but i dont like reducing the spectrum. I might try 90% though. Just to take the edge off.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Black Widow X Blue Lemon Thai up front. Pair of Blue Lemon Thai in back.

Couple more inches of growth and i will bend them down so they branch up.

Both BW x BLT have been treated with Botanigard. Hopefully I wont have to use it after these treatments.

Its day 4 of 12/12

B406A261 A7E5 4B1A 8B13 89B572C7B7C3
6EC21A84 06E4 4853 9D13 C885E5A04128

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Also transplanted up the Citral x Pow 33 plants to their final 3 gallon. They improved a couple days then curled back down so I transplanted them. The roots were wrapping and thickening But healthy so since I had pulled one out of her pot i figured might as well transplant. I expect some water stress before the roots stretch out to new soil. Hope they are ok. These are old seeds. Maybe before 2010. Got a funky Herijuana Jack that keeps marbling from some weird micro nutrient thing or something too. But she keeps on growing. The heri-jacks are even older seeds i was gifted to test the viability. That was 5 years ago or so.

Maybe using up old seeds to get back going was not the best plan. ;-)

C2B39155 96E8 4EB2 AB19 81FA0F06D7A7

Hate to see unhappy plants.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I have not. What have you seen?

Marked improvements in "praying" and structural development. It's supposed to be an immune booster too. I do 750mg to 5 gallons with every watering and, though it's entirely possible it's placebo, seem to notice if I forget to add it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Marked improvements in "praying" and structural development. It's supposed to be an immune booster too. I do 750mg to 5 gallons with every watering and, though it's entirely possible it's placebo, seem to notice if I forget to add it.

I read even on the myth busting ag professor site I think that one of the benefits is very real. I cant think if it now.

How do I give 1/5 of that dosage for a gallon? Need 150 mg. Lol.

Exacto knife?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I will say that the foliage pro is being used up real well between Water/feeds and the protect seems to help. They grew fast and strong. I can bend them. They are flexible. But strong. Seem tough. Got great branching for 6 week from seed plants. They are definitely tall from the hortilux blue rather than my old t-5’s. They are going to be big bushes. And the open Blue Lemon Thai structure always makes big fat buds.

Hopefully ;-)

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Also transplanted up the Citral x Pow 33 plants to their final 3 gallon. They improved a couple days then curled back down so I transplanted them. The roots were wrapping and thickening But healthy so since I had pulled one out of her pot i figured might as well transplant. I expect some water stress before the roots stretch out to new soil. Hope they are ok. These are old seeds. Maybe before 2010. Got a funky Herijuana Jack that keeps marbling from some weird micro nutrient thing or something too. But she keeps on growing. The heri-jacks are even older seeds i was gifted to test the viability. That was 5 years ago or so.

Maybe using up old seeds to get back going was not the best plan. ;-)

View attachment 1038118

Hate to see unhappy plants.
Have to ask🤦‍♂️ is this the same type issue you had when you were having the root aphid issues?

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I read even on the myth busting ag professor site I think that one of the benefits is very real. I cant think if it now.

Exacto knife?

Yup! Or a chef's knife. It's not a super exact science, I just use one whole tablet and cut another in half-ish with scissors. 😄

From an old post on my thread, though the links are dead now.

"Salicylic acid (SA) is an endogenous growth regulator of phenolic nature and also a signaling molecule, which participates in the regulation of physiological processes in plants such as growth, photosynthesis, and other metabolic processes. Several studies support a major role of SA in modulating the plant response to various abiotic stresses. It is a well-founded fact that SA potentially generates a wide array of metabolic responses in plants and also affects plant-water relations. This molecule also found to be very active in mitigating oxidative stress under adverse environmental conditions."

"Salicylic acid or orthohydroxy benzoic acid is ubiquitously distributed plant growth regulator [5]. Salicylic acid has positive effects on plant growth and developmental processes [57]. Research findings demonstrated its roles in seed germination, glycolysis, flowering, fruit yield [8], ion uptake and transport [9], photosynthetic rate, stomatal conductance (gs), and in transpiration [10]. Salicylic acid can modulate antioxidant defense system thereby decreasing oxidative stress [11]. Photosynthesis, nitrogen metabolism, proline (Pro) metabolism, production of glycinebetaine (GB), and plant-water relations in abiotic stress affected plants were regulated by SA [1214]. Induction of defense-related genes and stress resistance in biotic stressed plants have also been reported [15]. Moreover, exogenously applied SA showed putative positive effects on stressed plants [1620]. Salicylic acid induced genes encoding chaperone, heat shock proteins (HSPs), antioxidants, and secondary metabolites of different types. Moreover, SA was involved in mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) regulation, and in the expression [21]. There is no doubt about the vital roles of SA under abiotic stress condition. So, we will review and cover the area regarding the biosynthesis, involvement, and role of salicylic acid on abiotic stress affected plants."

And of course because I'm googling whether or not it has antifungal properties or not now, I just came across this.

"Both aspirin and EDTA possess broad‐spectrum antimicrobial activity for both planktonic and biofilm cultures. Aspirin used at the MBEC for 24 h was successful in eradicating P. aeruginosa, E. coli and C. albicans biofilms established on abiotic surfaces. Moreover, the exposure to the A‐EDTA combination (4 h) effected complete bacterial biofilm eradication."

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Have to ask🤦‍♂️ is this the same type issue you had when you were having the root aphid issues?

Good question bro. But no. It was always a fast mag striping/ calcium spotting from bottom big fans up.

When bad infestation much yellowing and drooping like the nutrients and water were just sucked right out.

Honestly i think i over watered weak roots again (since its both from the same pack) flushing out the fungicide I thought was causing the problem and exasperated it again tonight. Duh.

Its only those 2. I thought i did right. The numbers were good. 1.2 in 1.3 out and 6.2ph like pro mix intended.

Has to be drowned roots. I will let them be as long as it takes.

Also could be the strain is more sensitive to the pesticide (fungicide) and the uvb in the 315cmh made it worse. But they perked up a minute. I have faith.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yup! Or a chef's knife. It's not a super exact science, I just use one whole tablet and cut another in half-ish with scissors. 😄

From an old post on my thread, though the links are dead now.

"Salicylic acid (SA) is an endogenous growth regulator of phenolic nature and also a signaling molecule, which participates in the regulation of physiological processes in plants such as growth, photosynthesis, and other metabolic processes. Several studies support a major role of SA in modulating the plant response to various abiotic stresses. It is a well-founded fact that SA potentially generates a wide array of metabolic responses in plants and also affects plant-water relations. This molecule also found to be very active in mitigating oxidative stress under adverse environmental conditions."

"Salicylic acid or orthohydroxy benzoic acid is ubiquitously distributed plant growth regulator [5]. Salicylic acid has positive effects on plant growth and developmental processes [57]. Research findings demonstrated its roles in seed germination, glycolysis, flowering, fruit yield [8], ion uptake and transport [9], photosynthetic rate, stomatal conductance (gs), and in transpiration [10]. Salicylic acid can modulate antioxidant defense system thereby decreasing oxidative stress [11]. Photosynthesis, nitrogen metabolism, proline (Pro) metabolism, production of glycinebetaine (GB), and plant-water relations in abiotic stress affected plants were regulated by SA [1214]. Induction of defense-related genes and stress resistance in biotic stressed plants have also been reported [15]. Moreover, exogenously applied SA showed putative positive effects on stressed plants [1620]. Salicylic acid induced genes encoding chaperone, heat shock proteins (HSPs), antioxidants, and secondary metabolites of different types. Moreover, SA was involved in mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) regulation, and in the expression [21]. There is no doubt about the vital roles of SA under abiotic stress condition. So, we will review and cover the area regarding the biosynthesis, involvement, and role of salicylic acid on abiotic stress affected plants."

And of course because I'm googling whether or not it has antifungal properties or not now, I just came across this.

"Both aspirin and EDTA possess broad‐spectrum antimicrobial activity for both planktonic and biofilm cultures. Aspirin used at the MBEC for 24 h was successful in eradicating P. aeruginosa, E. coli and C. albicans biofilms established on abiotic surfaces. Moreover, the exposure to the A‐EDTA combination (4 h) effected complete bacterial biofilm eradication."

Thanks for taking the time to post that. Do you increase the dosage for sick or weak plants?

How did you come up with the dosage?

I would have to buy real aspirin. Plants dont like acetametaphine?

:-)

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Thanks for taking the time to post that. Do you increase the dosage for sick or weak plants?

How did you come up with the dosage?

I would have to buy real aspirin. Plants dont like acetametaphine?

:-)

I mean, salicylic acid would also work too, if you have some of that laying around. 😄

I'm not sure how I came up with the dosing, since I did a terrible job of recording that line of thinking. TBH I'm sure as long as you're not doing something insane like adding 3% of the water weight in aspirin, you'll be fine.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

@Beachwalker your ever changing avatar keeps making me double check check who im talking to. Lol
well I'm using KJ because I did a home haircut recently and it came out similar 💇‍♂️ 🤣

I saw the drooping and it might be the camera but a couple of the leaves looked a little light so I wanted to ask

Not trying to be negative but after my first mite invasion I closed down, cleaned countless times, but when I started again three or four months later they were still there; I don't know how hard aphids are to kill but I wanted to mention that

Edit: I'm still trying to get rid of the thrips from last year apparently in fact I have to spray again today or tomorrow! I've started a legitimate IPM this time though

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

well I'm using KJ because I did a home haircut recently and it came out similar 💇‍♂️ 🤣

I saw the drooping and it might be the camera but a couple of the leaves looked a little light so I wanted to ask

Not trying to be negative but after my first mite invasion I closed down, cleaned countless times, but when I started again three or four months later they were still there; I don't know how hard aphids are to kill but I wanted to mention that

Edit: I'm still trying to get rid of the thrips from last year apparently in fact I have to spray again today or tomorrow! I've started a legitimate IPM this time though

I really do expect and already suspected they are back. And i still dont see any.

But the plants should still be resistant from the imid. And then 2 doses of botanigard. And we will see...

sportyridr

sportyridr

Exacto knife?
Hey guys. look for some BC Headache powders, they are kick ass aspirin. come in individually wrapped powders of 1000mg...thought you may find that useful. Always learning something following you cats around here :)

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I really do expect and already suspected they are back. And i still dont see any.

But the plants should still be resistant from the imid. And then 2 doses of botanigard. And we will see...
I'm within a week or less of harvesting my last summer plant, a big sativa north of 100 days bloom already

I've forgotten to check the roots on the others but I have a reminder set on this last one, so at least I'm going to know for sure what, if anything I've got going on in my soil

Probably nothing but I've been a little freaked out since I saw your whole root critter thing going on and that infestation of aphids on my tomatoe plants earlier this year didn't add any peace of mind either LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom