• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
dire wolf

dire wolf

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I am finding that in pro mix hp with no amendments i can not let the pots dry as much as the ocean forest / perlite mix i used to use.

I am guessing the compost and forest products as they call them hold moisture and are soft on the plant when mostly dry.

Where the pro mix with foliage pro needs watering a day earlier on average to avoid leaf stress.

But still causes problems if watering to soon like any potting soil.

Just my findings since i started using it.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I am finding that in pro mix hp with no amendments i can not let the pots dry as much as the ocean forest / perlite mix i used to use.

I am guessing the compost and forest products as they call them hold moisture and are soft on the plant when mostly dry.

Where the pro mix with foliage pro needs watering a day earlier on average to avoid leaf stress.

+1 Don't don't like Pro mix by itself

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

+1 Don't don't like Pro mix by itself

I am wondering if i might like to mix in some dr. Earth organic dry slow release food or the like and only use bottles supplementally.

I kind of mis the set and forget veg with water only with ocean forest. And the easy 10ml-15ml pure blend pro grow i never ph adjusted or worried about.

But i will say in pro mix hp with the protect and foliage pro i got bigger plants with better branching earlier.

Dyna grow claims they adjusted the micronutrients in foliage pro for cannabis. and that silica is pretty much a macro nute for our plant.

They sure got big fast. Even Mrs. MMG thinks they may be farther along sooner.

We shall see...

But to your comment Beach i dont want to start mixing worm castings and stuff. I would just go find ocean forest. I even have a full bag of small perlite and half a bag of #4.

The big pro mix bale is a lot less expensive though. I paid $26 for the big 3.8 cf compressed white commercial bale. HP with myco kind. Breaks out to over 6 cubic feet. A year of my system almost. Ocean forest costs me 3 times that and needs perlite too.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter

Would vermiculite help?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Would vermiculite help?

Maybe? I never used it but know it holds water. But i dont want to extend my drying time either. I might have to add perlite to compensate.

It would be a source of silica and i wouldnt need the foliage pro. The University of utah mix is peat, perlite, rock dust and lime I believe. Maybe im missing an ingredient.

Edit:

Duh. I forgot vermiculite.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Would vermiculite help?

Also Milson it isnt a problem. I was just noting that i need to water when the pot is a bit heavier than i was with of. It actually speeds up the cycle by a day which could be a good thing.

But you got my head in improving the mix now. Aint this hobby great?!?!?!

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Also Milson it isnt a problem. I was just noting that i need to water when the pot is a bit heavier than i was with of. It actually speeds up the cycle by a day which could be a good thing.

But you got my head in improving the mix now. Aint this hobby great?!?!?!
God yes. I replaced social media, alcohol, and computer games with this place and growing and consuming pot exclusively. Lost thirty pounds since I registered here on memorial day ish.210 to 180 at 5'10" (I'm in my 30s). Cholesterol is down in half from 240 to 120. Liver enzymes down. This shit is saving my life before I even get to the plant itself!

And fair enough. I thought it was a balance prob, not that watering a day earlier solves it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

God yes. I replaced social media, alcohol, and computer games with this place and growing and consuming pot exclusively. Lost thirty pounds since I registered here on memorial day ish.210 to 180 at 5'10" (I'm in my 30s). Cholesterol is down in half from 240 to 120. Liver enzymes down. This shit is saving my life before I even get to the plant itself!

And fair enough. I thought it was a balance prob, not that watering a day earlier solves it.

I didnt mean to make it sound complicated but i am truly waked and baked on coffee and chocolate diesel. May have been a poor choice for first high of the day. Shame i lost this cutting. I do have a few more seeds but i might regret this one. Whew!

And good for you brother! Kudos on your health accomplishments. Change is hard.

I havent mentioned it but I am 7 weeks off cigarettes. I started smoking 20 years ago when i quit coke. It was my only vice left. (Dont consider weed a vice). I still have some of last years christmas scotch. Dont drink much for a long time.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I am wondering if i might like to mix in some dr. Earth organic dry slow release food or the like and only use bottles supplementally.

I kind of mis the set and forget veg with water only with ocean forest. And the easy 10ml-15ml pure blend pro grow i never ph adjusted or worried about.

But i will say in pro mix hp with the protect and foliage pro i got bigger plants with better branching earlier.

Dyna grow claims they adjusted the micronutrients in foliage pro for cannabis. and that silica is pretty much a macro nute for our plant.

They sure got big fast. Even Mrs. MMG thinks they may be farther along sooner.

We shall see...

But to your comment Beach i dont want to start mixing worm castings and stuff. I would just go find ocean forest. I even have a full bag of small perlite and half a bag of #4.

The big pro mix bale is a lot less expensive though. I paid $26 for the big 3.8 cf compressed white commercial bale. HP with myco kind. Breaks out to over 6 cubic feet. A year of my system almost. Ocean forest costs me 3 times that and needs perlite too.
LOL you knew where I was going with that! 🤣

Being a creature of habit I haven't tried too many mixes, but out of the handful I have tried by far the 2 parts Pro mix & perlite and 1 part worm casting was the best I've ever used in every way

Conversely when I used those same three ingredients at equal parts, the worm castings made it too muddy for my liking; it was still a very good mix and the plants thrived, but I like a lighter consistency

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter

Being a creature of habit I haven't tried too many mixes, but out of the handful I have tried by far the 2 parts Pro mix & perlite and 1 part worm casting was the best I've ever used in every way

Conversely when I used those same three ingredients at equal parts, the worm castings made it too muddy for my liking; it was still a very good mix and the plants thrived, but I like a lighter consistency
Holy hell, that's a lot of worm castings!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have added too much castings and ended up muddy too.

I just posted the university of utah cannabis lab video on my thread. At 23:23 he starts to tell the potting mix and then fertilizer.

Tons of testing done. He teaches the cannabis course now as well as light and nutrients for cannabis and other plants.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I have added too much castings and ended up muddy too.

I just posted the university of utah cannabis lab video on my thread. At 23:23 he starts to tell the potting mix and then fertilizer.

Tons of testing done. He teaches the cannabis course now as well as light and nutrients for cannabis and other plants.
What I noticed most with the worm castings was better root growth

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

What I noticed with the worm castings is better root growth

More micro biology is always good. But the cannabis lab doesnt use it. And im getting good results now too. Just got to watch under watering more it seems.

Interesting the university does not inoculate. No myco. No added micro biology.

Their plants are amazing in the tours. They are hemp though. He uses outside sources for thc cannabis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom