Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

And i guess Mrs MMG was doing the hair of a Super Hero. This is the pic she sent me of the work that is keeping her late tonight.

40A3DBC8 216E 4E68 8501 5BFC2FEF2E97

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So a couple hours ago I saw that the tops had already grown back up.

76D4402A 8ACC 4877 A8EF FE690DE07819
6987DE26 9998 4663 B037 5BF70234C340

So i just re oriented the tie downs and bent the tops back down. You can already see how the bush is forming. Growing like weeds they are.

0A4DAF57 C4B1 454F 943F 5F9794D69251

F032763E 5178 45BC 9E11 8B5FEC756C89

And the other one

C771825F AC9F 49F9 ADDF 41AFAF1E2561

FF23A892 3BF6 48C1 9EF4 D9A95539FBF7

Looks like tomorrow the BLT’s will be dry for a Botanigard treatment and a dose of nutes.

:-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I meant to add. The plants even almost dry are soft and flexible. Gave no resistance when bent yet stand up strong when let go. Must be the silica. Cause they would have been a bit woody in ocean forest and pure blend grow only at this point. I would normally wait til watering day.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I meant to add. The plants even almost dry are soft and flexible. Gave no resistance when bent yet stand up strong when let go. Must be the silica. Cause they would have been a bit woody in ocean forest and pure blend grow only at this point. I would normally wait til watering day.
Definitely the pro tekt. I see the same on my plants. I can almost bend some stems in half and they won’t snap, they are like rubber it’s crazy. Looking great over there.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Bent some plants and tied them down. I use binder clips on the edge of the pot and soft flexible wire tie. And i always brace the main stem to prevent the roots from pulling up.

Hopefully the lower branches will grow up and make a bush.

View attachment 1038659View attachment 1038660

ah, so this is part of your technique here for making a bush, can you do those in like 70-80 days or less mimed?
Are you tying them several different times at various stages of development?

These are a lot lankier than I thought you were starting with actually, but it makes sense what your doing here, I'm going to follow and try to learn it.

Having the extra stem is critical I think to what your doing, because much of the budding potential is created from stem cells from what I understand, so wouldn't developing all the stems well give you greater output potential?

2 1/2 gal pots, correct?

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

ah, so this is part of your technique here for making a bush, can you do those in like 70-80 days or less mimed?

These are a lot lankier than I thought you were starting with actually, but it makes sense what your doing here, I'm going to follow and try to learn it.

2 1/2 gal pots, correct?

Yes. I work each plant (usually seed plants so new to me) as i see it. Sometimes they dont comply and make a candlabra shape. And i dont know how long they will flower although for me most of these plants go 10 weeks. The bending delays flowering a week I think though. I have had little ones not bent done in 9.

The key to the vigorous growth and yield seems to ne letting them mature and stretch up naturally and bend them as they have their biggest stretch the first weeks of flowering. Its kind of a gamble. I dont really know how they will respond.

To answer your question specifically. I have adjusted the tops twice already and moved some branches to encourage placement and i shake the whole thing a bit to loosten up and break up stale pockets. Seems to help them gather more light too. Spaces out their overlaps.

Some plants need nothing more to grow beautifully after a week or 10 days. And some just keep growing. Then the pinch and bend is needed.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Having the extra stem is critical I think to what your doing, because much of the budding potential is created from stem cells from what I understand, so wouldn't developing all the stems well give you greater output potential?

2 1/2 gal pots, correct?

Also meant to add that they are a bit stretched more than usual for me because i grew them from seedlings under a 600 w mh. And i had to delay transplants waiting for in the mail and then time to apply the pesticides. They may get huge!

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Also meant to add that they are a bit stretched more than usual for me because i grew them from seedlings under a 600 w mh. And i had to delay transplants waiting for in the mail and then time to apply the pesticides. They may get huge!
Got it, I think what I'm hearing is once you've got a good top, try and promote growth from beneath, or another site, and then keep rotating it and budding it in more and more sites. I think I've been successful doing that in the past just by rotating them, (especially during early flowering) and moving them around, like you say. I'm not extremely gentle with my plants, and I think sometimes a little shakeup can be beneficial as you say, it also promotes good strength and stem density, which is all good to have, I think.

Also, I think I'm going to take this next round and put them in bigger pots, like what you've got there, I've got 2's and 3's, but I"ve been only using the 1's up till now with the autos, and I can see there getting way too root bound, way more than I had hoped.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yea, I think the one second from the bottom has the best potential so far, from what I see there, as a bush monster. She might not be as filled out yet as some of the others, but I think there's better structure on it. Only time will tell.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yea, I think the one second from the bottom has the best potential so far, from what I see there, as a bush monster. She might not be as filled out yet as some of the others, but I think there's better structure on it. Only time will tell.

Keeps it fun. :-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I treated the 2 Herijuana x Jack 33’s (up front) with Botanigard and a 1.1 ec mix of nutrients. Runoff came back 1.1 ec and they look a bit stunned like the other plants have.

The 2 Citral x Pow 33 in back have outgrown whatever was still bothering them. And have been treated and the one on the right is about ready for flower. The left plant slowed down more.

E2D91A32 D70B 48AD AA84 61500124CDAD

dire wolf

dire wolf

I treated the 2 Herijuana x Jack 33’s (up front) with Botanigard and a 1.1 ec mix of nutrients. Runoff came back 1.1 ec and they look a bit stunned like the other plants have.

The 2 Citral x Pow 33 in back have outgrown whatever was still bothering them. And have been treated and the one on the right is about ready for flower. The left plant slowed down more.

View attachment 1039292
Hey MIM what do you suppose was bothering them ? I often encounter similar scenarios, unpredictable loss of health , then they grow out of it like a kid with a cold .....
Sometimes I find a nutrient dose or excessive watering brings them back , sometimes they just get fickle and shape up for no apparent reason ....

dire wolf

dire wolf

It's almost like a blood clot or something , then it breaks up and 3 or 4 days later they're back on track ...and as hard as I try to diagnose the problem , I can't

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hey MIM what do you suppose was bothering them ? I often encounter similar scenarios, unpredictable loss of health , then they grow out of it like a kid with a cold .....
Sometimes I find a nutrient dose or excessive watering brings them back , sometimes they just get fickle and shape up for no apparent reason ....

I think I may have let them get too dry with too high an ec combined with the botanigard treatment. I think just a rough patch. Im feeding a bit lighter.

Oh and i put them under the 315 cmh in the 3x3 and maybe the uv stressed them further. The mh had glass under it and the room was open where they started.

One or more of those factors I think.

dire wolf

dire wolf

I think I may have let them get too dry with too high an ec combined with the botanigard treatment. I think just a rough patch. Im feeding a bit lighter.

Oh and i put them under the 315 cmh in the 3x3 and maybe the uv stressed them further. The mh had glass under it and the room was open where they started.

One or more of those factors I think.
Yea , that's it for sure ..some times I go dry , and the plants have a delayed reaction and I'll water but they get a little lame looking a few days later , then snap back ...
Like some kind of delay reaction from whatever particular stress , usually heat or dry issues .....
Good feeling when they get right back on track
Some of my plants pass out if the wind blows the wrong way ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom