Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Other thoughts are osmocote or nutricote.

I ended up ordering the full dyna grow deal pack. So i can try the other bottles.

But i miss the water only in veg and the backup nutrients in the soil during transition.

I am a chronic underfeeder.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Does it smell bad? I was going to try that dr earth gold 4-4-4 but i saw a vid with the owner of the company and he says it stinks. Stick with liquid feed for containers indoors. Lol
Hey MIM , yea at first I was aprenhesive , but I only used 2 tbs and spread it in the middle and bottom layer of the pot , this summer I used a different product outdoors and it stank like hell , but for some reason , the coast of Maine bag I posted didn't smell at all , maybe it has a higher concentration of worm casting and lobster , it actually started smelling good .....
I'd give this one a try if you can get your hands on it , I mean the response was remarkable

dire wolf

dire wolf

No i can get it. Thank you though. Im not sure i want organics inside anymore. Im going to keep practicing this soiless bottled nute thing a while.
Excellent move , I just gave it shot because the ingridients looked so pure and it was a gift , I was doing fine with the dyna grow , but something , I think root stress or dry / wet cycle or buildup mutes in solo cup , something turned my good clones sour real fast , so I just wanted to see what would happen with the nice fresh organic , actually I believe they ( clones ) just needed a little fresh root real estate , and that alone would have gotten them back on track ,whatever it was the extra space or the coast of Maine with the castings and Crustacea , the plants are ripping like I haven't seen before

amekins

amekins

I ended up ordering the full dyna grow deal pack. So i can try the other bottles.

But i miss the water only in veg and the backup nutrients in the soil during transition.

I desperately wish to settle (someday) in an all dry soil or coco amendments method. I detest working with the liquids.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Well listen to this.

We always have a container of organic wheat grass growing on the window sill in the kitchen for our cat to munch on.

We buy it at a local grocery store. It has always been clean. Been doing it 3 years.

Today i noticed it had aphids all over it. Tons of munching regular aphids (not root obviously) fliers on the blades too. And i have seen a tiny flier or two around the house lately. Usually just a fruit fly but now i know.

What the hell?!?!?!

So i went in and checked the growroom after throwing the wheat grass deep in the woods after drowning the hell out of it in the sink. And taking a long shower and new clean clothes.

Did not see any bugs on the leaves or yellow cards under the green cfl i use during lights out.

I will look real good at lights on.

Whew!
Could this be how they got in?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Could this be how they got in?

The root aphids? No. Completely different pest. The grass with the above soil aphids came from the market likely infected.

Pretty sure the root aphids came in soil from a grow store.

I later ordered soil from that store and they left it sitting in a puddle. Im guessing but they did not know what they were doing or didnt care.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I thouroughly checked the undersides of many leaves in the flower room but did not see one regular aphid. If they tried to eat the plants the imid may have killed them too.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I desperately wish to settle (someday) in an all dry soil or coco amendments method. I detest working with the liquids.

Best results in containers inside will always be with fertilizer in my opinion. Organics are best left outside in garden beds and huge pots.

I have not seen many great indoor organic grows or even dry slow release fertilizer grows.

And organics attract even more bugs.

I had tons of springtails with ocean forest and none with pro mix.

Pros and cons i guess.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

The root aphids? No. Completely different pest. The grass with the above soil aphids came from the market likely infected.

Pretty sure the root aphids came in soil from a grow store.

I later ordered soil from that store and they left it sitting in a puddle. Im guessing but they did not know what they were doing or didnt care.
Yep, I just got back from a month long pause from a root aphid outbreak, first time in 40 years I've had them indoors in my garden

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I have a rule... no house plants. But now I have a mother in law that I couldn't say no to. I have 4 houseplants about 15ft from my grow and it terrifies me.
Actually, I think depending on the type of plant, it could actually draw bugs away (or drive them away) from the cannabis. I really depends on the plant in question. I've been growing some mums of late, (pollen for my predators) and I've ordered and received some mexican coriander, anise and yarrow seeds. All plants that the spidermites will avoid like the plague. Planning on using these outside in the spring as well.

Outside on my patio I've been growing hairy vetch, crimson clover and diakon radish, probably all very bad ideas, and they were growing all year long this year around. Also, I've got a big cactus and some redwood cedars. I've even got a sequoia giganteum out there.

I think some plants can draw troubles, no question. But I think others can actually help the situation.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter

LOL, I am a chronic over feeder, always pushing, prodding it along. I can't help myself sometimes. I was going to do 3 days of pure water flushes after doing the mixes from a few days ago, but I got to day 2 and reading about sugars and carbon fixation, some of aqua mans stuff, and decided to do some rabbit molasses.

I like this full flavor stuff, because it's got a better sucrose profile than the blackstrap, IMO. I'm paying much closer attention to leaf colors and different shades of green these days, even inspecting stem colors more closely now, more often. The plants speak so much to us simply regarding leaf appearance, colors, it's just interpreting it correctly is the difficult part.

Being stuck down a false rabbit hole, then coming to the conclusion that what you thought you had nailed down is actually something quite different. (aka deficiency is actually an infestation, or a ph issue)

Capture
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

LOL, I am a chronic over feeder, always pushing, prodding it along. I can't help myself sometimes. I was going to do 3 days of pure water flushes after doing the mixes from a few days ago, but I got to day 2 and reading about sugars and carbon fixation, some of aqua mans stuff, and decided to do some rabbit molasses.

I like this full flavor stuff, because it's got a better sucrose profile than the blackstrap, IMO. I'm paying much closer attention to leaf colors and different shades of green these days, even inspecting stem colors more closely now, more often. The plants speak so much to us simply regarding leaf appearance, colors, it's just interpreting it correctly is the difficult part.

Being stuck down a false rabbit hole, then coming to the conclusion that what you thought you had nailed down is actually something quite different. (aka deficiency is actually an infestation, or a ph issue)

I have found that plants fertilized closer to only their needs and harvested a nice medium green healthy color tend to have the best flavor and potency. And right out of the drying closet mostly smooth tasty smoke.

And i always will remember what my friend the breeder at ch9 said when i was a new grower.

He speaks french primarily and spanish and maybe other european language but a little rough on english.

He said. “Little yellow ok”.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter

This has been sorta my approach of late, at least half of it anyhow. Using dry amendments, but I still like supplementing and replenishment though using a liquid. Like worm casings or kelp for instance. I have both solid and liquid forms of each, use the solids for making the soils, and the liquids late in flower for replenishment once things are far along.

Maybe If I was using bigger pots it wouldn't need to be done this way, but with the 1->3 gallon cloth pots I use, it's a really dense root ball toward the end, and they require maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom