Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
amekins

amekins

Used V 1 previously. This run im trying the megacrop 2 part so I change can my ratios. I really like it and it's cheap.
I plan to finish using what I have but I’m wanting to try something else that works and works well in dry form for soil or coco coir (because I’m still considering going down that road).

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I plan to finish using what I have but I’m wanting to try something else that works and works well in dry form.
I finished the last grow and started this with megacrops 2 part and like it thus far.

Jacks 321 is another good dry fert and there are a few more. But so far I have no reason to leave my mega crop. I really like it.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yeah I mean a plant is gonna do what its going to do but I think I'm gonna go back to looking for a healthy plant at harvest and not look for any fade in the fans. If it happens no big deal but I want a nice light green plant at harvest. Then a nice controlled cure to convert those sugars and starches to terps.
Bingo! I'm with you on that one also, (I really fucked it up this time around, LOL) trying to do everything humanly possible to keep the leaf color optimum green, so you know that transpiration is unabated, the "capacity" is maintained, and energy is being created. Purpling and other coloring is certainly something to be encouraged if it's within the genetic profle, but should be evaluated on a plant to plant basis, and it's very temperature dependent, from my experience.

Most of all, I think keeping the plant fairly cool at the end might really pop the flavors also, in the last weeks especially, because some of these terpenes evaporate in the low 70's. When the stars are aligned anyhow, and it's possible. Right now, I'm running a lot warmer than I have in past years, (been shutting the vent more) but I keep it into the low to mid 70's. But I think for cure, even lower temps could be beneficial.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Next 2 plants have sprouted. These are cali connect GSC seeds. I ordered some osmocote plus indoor/ outdoor and am going to scratch it in to the top few inches of soil at transplant to give a base fertilizer. And the dyna grow full line will be here monday too. I think a half dose of osmocote prills in there and dyna grow liquid fertilizers as needed including some protect silica here and there and i should have a good system.

I also ordered monteray garden insect spray (spinosad) to have as a general bug spray. I should get some azamax too but forgot.

I went way too long without pests and was not prepared. Fixing that.

Here are the 2 new babies basking under the good ol’ flourescent tubes.

D577B65C 5D32 4FCD B997 7806DBF4A1C2

Oh I also upped the perlite ratio to 50%.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Flower room still drinking slow and yellowing.

With the botanigard drenches and light nutrients I am not too surprised. I am letting them dry way out. They were a bit over watered while trying to treat them all with the botanigard.

Dont see bugs, movement or white gook but the room looks like it has all year with the root aphids.

And its a bit empty with the 2 culled plants.

Hopefully we will see improvement soon. The buds are sure growing.

586F49ED 31BB 4CD2 8CEB 68D17E1A757E
A95604F9 7C24 4352 B67A 46EA2DD156B3
3ECF7EEE 3CDA 4AB4 89C7 8F942884C92F

Frustrating this farming stuff. ;-)

Moshmen

Moshmen

Used V 1 previously. This run im trying the megacrop 2 part so I change can my ratios. I really like it and it's cheap.
I really like it as well but still having some issues with it dissolving properly , I think my bag got moisture in it some how - still dry and powerdy but just won’t dissolve without a lot of work .

Moshmen

Moshmen

Flower room still drinking slow and yellowing.

With the botanigard drenches and light nutrients I am not too surprised. I am letting them dry way out. They were a bit over watered while trying to treat them all with the botanigard.

Dont see bugs, movement or white gook but the room looks like it has all year with the root aphids.

And its a bit empty with the 2 culled plants.

Hopefully we will see improvement soon. The buds are sure growing.

View attachment 1047263View attachment 1047264View attachment 1047265

Frustrating this farming stuff. ;-)

All things considered- looking good still moving along - u prolly just not used to seeing so much yellow In Ur garden? Still rockin out though. Soon everything will be normal. Great work and thanks for documenting.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Oh I’ve noticed a lot of my cured bud has some of the same smell/taste undertones. Not exactly the same but subtle, you think this could possible be from the pbpg? Or part of my process.

I mean I was reading back a bit and I’ve thought I could smell/taste it before but then I just thought that was just Fukin crazy? Lol but mayb not

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

All things considered- looking good still moving along - u prolly just not used to seeing so much yellow In Ur garden? Still rockin out though. Soon everything will be normal. Great work and thanks for documenting.

Honestly i am not sure i am out of the woods yet. The plants are just not right.

I am going to run the next ones with the ozmocote plus in the promix as a base nute. If i cant keep them green through stretch after a couple drenches of imid in veg and the extra fertilizer in the medium. Oh and 50% perlite total in the pro mix now i mixed in for better drainage. And some light applications of dyna grow bloom to round out the nute ratio in flower.

I dont know what else to do. I dont see bugs or the white gook they produce. Not even a fungus gnat. But the plants continue to degrade...

I know you have no experience yet to deal with this crap Mosh but i needed to complain a bit. ;-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Oh I’ve noticed a lot of my cured bud has some of the same smell/taste undertones. Not exactly the same but subtle, you think this could possible be from the pbpg? Or part of my process.

I mean I was reading back a bit and I’ve thought I could smell/taste it before but then I just thought that was just Fukin crazy? Lol but mayb not

I was saying recently about the dyna grow/ pro mix plants having a cleaner more specific to each strain taste and smell and maybe higher potency.

This is compared to pure blend pro in ocean forest. When i smelled cured jars from the pbp some (not all) jars had a similar sour smell maybe over top of the strain smell.

May be from overfeeding while the root aphids ate the nutrients out of the plants though.

I would have to do a side by side to be sure. It is definitely there but really subtle.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Honestly i am not sure i am out of the woods yet. The plants are just not right.

I am going to run the next ones with the ozmocote plus in the promix as a base nute. If i cant keep them green through stretch after a couple drenches of imid in veg and the extra fertilizer in the medium. Oh and 50% perlite total in the pro mix now i mixed in for better drainage. And some light applications of dyna grow bloom to round out the nute ratio in flower.

I dont know what else to do. I dont see bugs or the white gook they produce. Not even a fungus gnat. But the plants continue to degrade...

I know you have no experience yet to deal with this crap Mosh but i needed to complain a bit. ;-)
Wish I did though! Just hate seein good people frustrated ! One thing I’m pretty sure of - you won’t stop till it’s fixed to ur standards ! Good luck brother wish I could offer some kind of suggestions besides sendinsome good vibes/karma!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Man I've been watching your grows for years and on more than one cannabis site and because of that I got to agree with you, something does look off, those plants are yellowing way too soon and it doesn't make sense what's been going on??

Edit: plus you've changed up medium, newts, cleaning and treating for just about everything so I'm not getting what's going on? This is one of the weirdest ones I've seen

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I really like it as well but still having some issues with it dissolving properly , I think my bag got moisture in it some how - still dry and powerdy but just won’t dissolve without a lot of work .

From the riu thread (megacrop was an advertiser there) most users commented on sediment remaining no matter what.

I finally threw my free bag away. It was stored properly but hard as a rock now. Like i would have to chip at it with a sharp object. And never even opened.

When i saw the cheap copier paper made info sheet i realized that this is a small start up reseller. Not a fertilizer company.

And apparently out of business twice and on investor # 3 now. The owner used to post a lot.

Still lots of good reviews. Shows most any plant food works.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Wish I did though! Just hate seein good people frustrated ! One thing I’m pretty sure of - you won’t stop till it’s fixed to ur standards ! Good luck brother wish I could offer some kind of suggestions besides sendinsome good vibes/karma!

Feeling i have friends like you out there with the same goal and interest is awesome! Means a lot. :-). Thank you.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Man I've been watching your grows for years and on more than one cannabis site and because of that I got to agree with you, something does look off, those plants are yellowing way too soon and it doesn't make sense what's been going on??

Edit: plus you've changed up medium, newts, cleaning and treating for just about everything so I'm not getting what's going on? This is one of the weirdest ones I've seen

Im pretty stumped. Last night the plants felt like i overfed them with stiffer leaves and stress and lockout symptoms but this morning before lights out soft flat leaves. Bit still yellowed and some mag looking striping on the fans. Which will all be gone soon on every plant.

And yeah bro. 3 different soils and new pbp and now dyna grow. And steady soil drenching for the root aphids. And you know i would follow directions as well as possible. What the hell?!?!

It has cost me thousands of dollars in loss. I am actually broke now. Not that i was very well off before. But i cant give up.

This has been one fucked up year!

I need a Corona! Oh wait...

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Im pretty stumped. Last night the plants felt like i overfed them with stiffer leaves and stress and lockout symptoms but this morning before lights out soft flat leaves. Bit still yellowed and some mag looking striping on the fans. Which will all be gone soon on every plant.

And yeah bro. 3 different soils and new pbp and now dyna grow. And steady soil drenching for the root aphids. And you know i would follow directions as well as possible. What the hell?!?!

It has cost me thousands of dollars in loss. I am actually broke now. Not that i was very well off before. But i cant give up.

This has been one fucked up year!

I need a Corona! Oh wait...
About a year ago we were at this same place saying what the hell is going on in your garden, and I thought finding root aphids would have been the answer but doesn't appear to be; we both have figured out this type shit for hundreds of people over the years, so this is very strange that we can't figure this out for you

Edit: +1 worst year ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom