Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

what i do is bend (lst) the main stem and tie it down to the pot to break apical dominance. Then just keep moving and bending branches where it looks like they will make the e plant as even as possible. With the small 3 gallon pots they can tip over if off center.

i keep tying the main stem back down as it grows back up to try yo keep it from taking back the lead top. As long as it is lower the other branches will keep competing for dominance.

You can see some of my plants didnt comply. They still have a dominant top but the other tops stretched up some. Like a church candelabra.

each plant reacts different so its an ongoing technique customized to each plant.

the goal is to fill the space i have with flowering branches from the pot to the max height market.
Yea, I waited for the right moment, then I acted. When I bent them over, I looked for a spot that was kinda empty, then I fluffed all the smaller ones up and made sure they had good light souces trying to even it out as you say, good, I think I'm on track. I'll keep going over them daily and keeping them more organized as this is the critical period, I think. Thanks again for the advice.

If you notice, that first pic has two autos sitting in the 5 gallon pot, (the roots were together from birth, so I didn't seperate them. Both turned out to be autos, and females, so I didn't have to cull one, as I anticipated. They are basically bent opposite of one another.

The biggest of the bunch is the 3 pic, and there's one more not pictured. But I've got lot's more coming behind those.

Frankster

Frankster

Oh and @Frankster use stands to keep all different size plants in optimum distance from the lamps.
Yes, I've got a 6x6 container, for everything, then there's raised grates on the bottom. Then I have either buckets, shorter baskets and "totes" that I use. It's awkward, but it works and allows some extra storage space, because I'm really pinched for space.

I'm also noticing some strains like different amounts of hydration. Some take more wetness, others like it a bit drier. (GDP for example) LOL, from So. Cali of all places. It freaks out in my wet wonderland up here, finikey.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes, I've got a 6x6 container, for everything, then there's raised grates on the bottom. Then I have either buckets, shorter baskets and "totes" that I use. It's awkward, but it works and allows some extra storage space, because I'm really pinched for space.

I'm also noticing some strains like different amounts of hydration. Some take more wetness, others like it a bit drier. (GDP for example) LOL, from So. Cali of all places. It freaks out in my wet wonderland up here, finikey.

I admit i take shortcuts sometimes but mostly i grow each plant individually trying to best meet its needs specifically. I never would have gotten the huge buds in my garden if i tried to care for all the plants the same.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yea, I waited for the right moment, then I acted. When I bent them over, I looked for a spot that was kinda empty, then I fluffed all the smaller ones up and made sure they had good light souces trying to even it out as you say, good, I think I'm on track. I'll keep going over them daily and keeping them more organized as this is the critical period, I think. Thanks again for the advice.

If you notice, that first pic has two autos sitting in the 5 gallon pot, (the roots were together from birth, so I didn't seperate them. Both turned out to be autos, and females, so I didn't have to cull one, as I anticipated. They are basically bent opposite of one another.

The biggest of the bunch is the 3 pic, and there's one more not pictured. But I've got lot's more coming behind those.

i forgot to mention i also move and rotate all the plants regularly as i water them. Only a few isually need water each day so its easy to just move them up front as needed and rotate them. The light and wind hitting different angles and the space i try to keep around each plant increases flower production greatly i think.

Frankster

Frankster

i forgot to mention i also move and rotate all the plants regularly as i water them. Only a few isually need water each day so its easy to just move them up front as needed and rotate them. The light and wind hitting different angles and the space i try to keep around each plant increases flower production greatly i think.
Yea, moving them around, different drafts, I think it helps root proliferation actually. I'll start doing it even more, rotating the positions more, instead of just turning them. I think it helps to get the heavier wetter ones up in front of air to penetrate air into them better.

I also keep the bags up off the ground, so the roots are never sitting on anything flat, air on every side, and drainage.

sturgis

sturgis

MiMedGrower........been watching you grow for several years....Utube, Dank Den,....you are by far one of the most consistent common sense growers around. This past September, there was a large biker gathering, and I was listening to a large group of growers having a round table discussion, at a camp ground in North Carolina,... and your name came up more than any other grower......I wonder how many growers you have helped through the years.........many I'm sure.......just thought I'd give credit where credit due.......

Frankster

Frankster

MiMedGrower........been watching you grow for several years....Utube, Dank Den,....you are by far one of the most consistent common sense growers around. This past September, there was a large biker gathering, and I was listening to a large group of growers having a round table discussion, at a camp ground in North Carolina,... and your name came up more than any other grower......I wonder how many growers you have helped through the years.........many I'm sure.......just thought I'd give credit where credit due.......
dude, thanks for sharing that. Yea, there's only a few of them at this level here, so were truly blessed to have access to these master growers. MiMed brings a lot to the table here. There's a lot of specialized stuff out here, and so much to learn. So many ways to skin a cat. But enough cannot be said about doing all the basics well, and getting shit out of the gate straight away, it's really a game changer.

Doing things in a way that doesn't depend upon having access to this or that, but relies upon underlying fundamental principle of growing. Most growers out there aren't going to do a 10->20 foot plant monster, they want to do bushy style medium (indoor) sized plants, really well, really thick stacked colas with tight internoding that have good depth. And that's what I see here.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

wow. Thanks. But i have never posted you tube or dank den.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

dude, thanks for sharing that. Yea, there's only a few of them at this level here, so were truly blessed to have access to these master growers. MiMed brings a lot to the table here. There's a lot of specialized stuff out here, and so much to learn. So many ways to skin a cat. But enough cannot be said about doing all the basics well, and getting shit out of the gate straight away, it's really a game changer.

Doing things in a way that doesn't depend upon having access to this or that, but relies upon underlying fundamental principle of growing. Most growers out there aren't going to do a 10->20 foot plant monster, they want to do bushy style medium (indoor) sized plants, really well, really thick stacked colas with tight internoding that have good depth. And that's what I see here.

Im no master grower. Im a simple home medical caregiver style grower that can handle a few patients.

I started sharing on forums because i thought my work would benefit small growers trying to maximize production in a small space.

i scaled up from a small spare bedroom with a 4x4 tent for flowering and a 2’x3’x3’ little propagator tent for veg. I harvested a 2-4 oz plant every 2 weeks.

TinkTHC

TinkTHC

Im no master grower. Im a simple home medical caregiver style grower that can handle a few patients.

I started sharing on forums because i thought my work would benefit small growers trying to maximize production in a small space.

i scaled up from a small spare bedroom with a 4x4 tent for flowering and a 2’x3’x3’ little propagator tent for veg. I harvested a 2-4 oz plant every 2 weeks.
MIMedGrower... 👀 Looks like your a CELEBRITY GROWER🤩!! Can I have your autograph? LOL!!! Really you do have a true talent, you are very good at this and your very helpful! No matter what your reasons or objectives are we think 🤔 you ROCK!!! Take the compliment....it’s deserved!!! You get a shiny star ⭐!!! Your advice does benefit everyone you reach out to. And your help is very much appreciated 🥳 NEVER leave this forum!!!!!

amekins

amekins

its 4 oz of close bud leaf trim and small and loose buds to 2 cups of coconut oil. Simmered 6 hours in 6 cups of water.

1/2 cup of infused oil after strained through cheese cloth and drained makes 24 cup cakes.

We do not decarb the plant material. It is jar cured for months.
Ok even for trim that’s a big ratio. Maybe someday I’ll have that much plant material on-hand lol. Thank you, @MIMedGrower!

Top Bottom