Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
TinkTHC

TinkTHC

no never heard of them. I got 4 10 packs of humboldt seed company stuff from the potm prize and still have half packs of some useful seeds i got a couple years ago. I will keep planting a different seed or pair every week or two like always. I even have some ch9 stuff and stress seeds from a bunch if plants. Plus an accidental open pollination of my whole flower room during the root aphid outbreak.

Theres plenty of variety to keep coming.
I see. You have lots to choose from... I scored these from Canada 🇨🇦. They almost didn’t make it here. They are supposed to take 10 weeks, we will see.... it’s a private breeder🧐??? I’m curious more than anything.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I see. You have lots to choose from... I scored these from Canada 🇨🇦. They almost didn’t make it here. They are supposed to take 10 weeks, we will see.... it’s a private breeder🧐??? I’m curious more than anything.

Put up a thread when they get growing.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Just a note. Where fan leaves died from the deficiencies or the bugs chewing on the roots the bud development becomes crappy. The leafier plant is bigger and has way more flowering sites. Thats the sativa hybrids. They have fewer leaves to begin with. Now the thick indica is different. I have been taking leaves she gives up easily the whole time since stretch. I can see the inside buds need more light and air. The blooming flowers are smaller than the ones just next to them on the outside. But if a leaf holds tight with a little jerk i leave it.

Thats all I got for now. Im babbling high. :-)

Same thing happens to me too, everything is humming along fine, then a few yellow leaves. Sometimes, I can get it back on track immediately, sometimes it takes longer.

I think this is the real enemy behind "organic" exponential growth spurts actually. You get things really optimized and all the mixture, flora optimized and synergistic symbiosis underneath, then it gradually drifts out of those parameters, and it's almost like a cascading failure, taking away what could or should have been, lost potential, then some lost time of correcting and building it back up again.

Do you replenish your microbes though out your flowering cycles?

I find if you can ride the curve along, and keep your Ph balance just right, and keep feeding in the correct nutrients, keeping that flora proliferation rates high, keep blooming flora at root level, pays huge dividends above, when the conditions are just prime. Keeping those soil microbes really happy is a chore, as the more they bloom, the more they change the environment, so knowing how to react to that seems paramount.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Same thing happens to me too, everything is humming along fine, then a few yellow leaves. Sometimes, I can get it back on track immediately, sometimes it takes longer.

I think this is the real enemy behind "organic" exponential growth spurts actually. You get things really optimized and all the mixture, flora optimized and synergistic symbiosis underneath, then it gradually drifts out of those parameters, and it's almost like a cascading failure, taking away what could or should have been, lost potential, then some lost time of correcting and building it back up again.

Do you replenish your microbes though out your flowering cycles?

I find if you can ride the curve along, and keep your Ph balance just right, and keep feeding in the correct nutrients, keeping that flora proliferation rates high, keep blooming flora at root level, creates huge buds above, when the conditions are just prime. Keeping soil microbes is a chore.

no i use chelated nutrients. The root aphids caused the deficiencies and damage during stretch.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Hey bro, just want to post a pic. I've been following your techniques and been doing some training, so just want to show my work. they were moving back, so I made some weights out of coins, tape and little containers, seems to help. This is the main one. Since these are autos, I'm trying to get as much going early as possible.

do you "spread them out" in this phase or something? Any tricks I can use to increase budding sites?

Please tell me your thoughts, and any suggestions. I've been trying to keep the upper leaves showing, so I can promote new growth. These are like day 41

IMG 20201114 203015
IMG 20201114 203021
IMG 20201114 203040
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
no i use chelated nutrients. The root aphids caused the deficiencies and damage during stretch.
Yea, I remember that you had problems. I forgot. So they bounced back, but they left some damage. II notice that too, anytime you get root problems, it's going to reflect above, especially when it's in a growth spurt. Aqua slows them down, (decreased transpiration) and that helps, I wish I had more room, where I could individually adjust light for each plant, that would be helpful.

I bet one of those spider farmers 1000's would be good for that sort of thing, for helping plants that get off kilter, and need special attention. There's always one in the batch. Not always, but often. Hope you got that bug problem in check. Since I moved to Pure Crop 1 my spider mites have vanished.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yea, I remember that you had problems. I forgot. So they bounced back, but they left some damage. II notice that too, anytime you get root problems, it's going to reflect above, especially when it's in a growth spurt. Aqua slows them down, (decreased transpiration) and that helps, I wish I had more room, where I could individually adjust light for each plant, that would be helpful.

I bet one of those spider farmers 1000's would be good for that sort of thing, for helping plants that get off kilter, and need special attention. There's always one in the batch. Not always, but often. Hope you got that bug problem in check. Since I moved to Pure Crop 1 my spider mites have vanished.

Glad to hear your mites are gone. I dont see any signs of the root aphids but i fear them still.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hey bro, just want to post a pic. I've been following your techniques and been doing some training, so just want to show my work. they were moving back, so I made some weights out of coins, tape and little containers, seems to help. This is the main one. Since these are autos, I'm trying to get as much going early as possible.

do you "spread them out" in this phase or something? Any tricks I can use to increase budding sites?

Please tell me your thoughts, and any suggestions. I've been trying to keep the upper leaves showing, so I can promote new growth. These are like day 41

what i do is bend (lst) the main stem and tie it down to the pot to break apical dominance. Then just keep moving and bending branches where it looks like they will make the e plant as even as possible. With the small 3 gallon pots they can tip over if off center.

i keep tying the main stem back down as it grows back up to try yo keep it from taking back the lead top. As long as it is lower the other branches will keep competing for dominance.

You can see some of my plants didnt comply. They still have a dominant top but the other tops stretched up some. Like a church candelabra.

each plant reacts different so its an ongoing technique customized to each plant.

the goal is to fill the space i have with flowering branches from the pot to the max height market.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
what i do is bend (lst) the main stem and tie it down to the pot to break apical dominance. Then just keep moving and bending branches where it looks like they will make the e plant as even as possible. With the small 3 gallon pots they can tip over if off center.

i keep tying the main stem back down as it grows back up to try yo keep it from taking back the lead top. As long as it is lower the other branches will keep competing for dominance.

You can see some of my plants didnt comply. They still have a dominant top but the other tops stretched up some. Like a church candelabra.

each plant reacts different so its an ongoing technique customized to each plant.

the goal is to fill the space i have with flowering branches from the pot to the max height market.

Yea, I waited for the right moment, then I acted. When I bent them over, I looked for a spot that was kinda empty, then I fluffed all the smaller ones up and made sure they had good light souces trying to even it out as you say, good, I think I'm on track. I'll keep going over them daily and keeping them more organized as this is the critical period, I think. Thanks again for the advice.

If you notice, that first pic has two autos sitting in the 5 gallon pot, (the roots were together from birth, so I didn't seperate them. Both turned out to be autos, and females, so I didn't have to cull one, as I anticipated. They are basically bent opposite of one another.

The biggest of the bunch is the 3 pic, and there's one more not pictured. But I've got lot's more coming behind those.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Oh and @Frankster use stands to keep all different size plants in optimum distance from the lamps.
Yes, I've got a 6x6 container, for everything, then there's raised grates on the bottom. Then I have either buckets, shorter baskets and "totes" that I use. It's awkward, but it works and allows some extra storage space, because I'm really pinched for space.

I'm also noticing some strains like different amounts of hydration. Some take more wetness, others like it a bit drier. (GDP for example) LOL, from So. Cali of all places. It freaks out in my wet wonderland up here, finikey.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes, I've got a 6x6 container, for everything, then there's raised grates on the bottom. Then I have either buckets, shorter baskets and "totes" that I use. It's awkward, but it works and allows some extra storage space, because I'm really pinched for space.

I'm also noticing some strains like different amounts of hydration. Some take more wetness, others like it a bit drier. (GDP for example) LOL, from So. Cali of all places. It freaks out in my wet wonderland up here, finikey.

I admit i take shortcuts sometimes but mostly i grow each plant individually trying to best meet its needs specifically. I never would have gotten the huge buds in my garden if i tried to care for all the plants the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom