• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I have been mixing foliage pro and bloom or one or the other as needed on most recent flowers. Working well. Foliage pro is 3-1-2 ratio so a little more nitrogen than i prefer by mid flower.

another thing i like about pure blend pro grow @Dirtbag. More potassium than nitrogen.

Totally, pbp is a slightly better ratio for mid to late flower over foliage pro. No doubt. Still though, I cant argue the reslts my buddy gets although, he doesnt use foliage pro on it own, he also uses the bloom and mag pro with it.
For a standalone one and done, pbp grow is probably the better choice.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Totally, pbp is a slightly better ratio for mid to late flower over foliage pro. No doubt. Still though, I cant argue the reslts my buddy gets although, he doesnt use foliage pro on it own, he also uses the bloom and mag pro with it.

i dont mind mixing or switching to bloom. Im doing it now but there is way too much phosphorous in the bloom. Looking at the plants in mid flower i cant tell which way to lean. It seems like i need to overfeed to get enough of everything but that may just be my shyness to feed so much fertilizer. Turns out i like the organic base to fall back on.

Pondracer

Pondracer

Oh man, you should see what my buddy produces with dyna gro, its just incredible. I would have zero doubts about using that nutrient line.

Thanks, I have been looking at alternatives to General Hydroponics. I havent had any problems recently but I look at the mix instructions on the Dyna Gro and I'm like... wow... 2 tsp per gallon? Thats like 300 ml for 60 gallons. My base nutes right now at 4 weeks from flip are 275/130/275 ml. Could be why the stretch has been so brutal this time. I didn't realize excess nitrogen would contribute to that condition. I will look at the Dyna Gro stuff some more.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

DEA90999 6563 410E B5C4 CC1547D1F92E

Madmax

Madmax

Thats what i wanted to hear 👍

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Oh man, you should see what my buddy produces with dyna gro, its just incredible. I would have zero doubts about using that nutrient line. Most nutrients work well honestly, but dyna gro is a good one. And Promix is a fickle bitch honestly, Im really not surprised to see anyone struggle to work with it. People say its beginner media but its really not. It can be a pain to grow in sometimes if its old or stored outside or rips in bags or hotspots of lime or nutrients in it. good part of the reason i stopped using it was how inconsistent the crops came out, often with no idea why. Good to see you go back to the media you know and like. After 1 round back in proterra im bailing on it again too lol.

But literally across about 7 different nutrient lines that ive tried in the last dozen grows, they all do the same damn thing if youre just using the base nutes. Id say for ease of use and complete lineup of elements you cant go wrong with either pbp or foliage pro.
Speaking of pro mix inconsistency. ph of the last bale of pro mix hp I opened up was 3.9. Was like dust.
can be so much different from bag to bag.
Mr.G

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
pro mix was for a friends grow.
ocean forest has superb consistency. 👌
shelf life on the pro mix, unstable. And really needs to be fresh to take advantage of myko.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Speaking of pro mix inconsistency. ph of the last bale of pro mix hp I opened up was 3.9. Was like dust.
can be so much different from bag to bag.
Mr.G

Premier horticulture learning center info says that a dry bale may read that low initially but the lime will charge after a week or so wet.

this is my experience. I have never added lime and the pro mix always comes back about 6.2ph runoff even at 12 weeks flower even if it read 4.0 at first. They actually warn to check new bales for over-liming after a week in case s clump of lime made it through the screens.

This is as long as the bale is leas than a year old. Which they also warn of. They suggest 6 months from packing date for organic soils. I find if i go past 6 months with ocean forest i start seeing deficiencies early.

the ec of the unlabeled fertilizer charge (unlabeled on us bales not canadian but are the same) has been what is variable. Which makes no sense but @Dirtbag warned of.

Sorry called training center. Great info in there but not about weed.

and here is a page about growing media

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

worth repeating here. Said before

Also for pro mix users. I contacted them about the 1.4ec fertilizer charge that was not labeled on my 3.8 cf white bale of pro mix hp.

they said because of different state labeling laws in us they just do t label it here but it is exactly the same product as canada has. Which is labeled with starter fertilizer charge.

The rep also said it flushes right out but to remember to replace it with fertilizer of our own. Which i have done at transplant many times with a little extra runoff.

Problem is my newest bale only read .7ec. Not enough ferts so i had to always flush and feed at first. There is the inconsistency. And the rep confirmed that too. He did not know why the fertilizer wasnt the same each time but it isnt.

i think i posted his email last year. Also dave neal from dyna grow info. Always contact the manufacturer before listening to advice on a forum is my advice.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have no problem with pro mix. It is completely stable and grows delicious plants. I just like the hybrid style and organic base of ocean forest better with all my different age plants so i can water only in veg. I had to mix too many different feeds. It was driving me nuts and i was making some mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom