• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I had problems with promix a fair bit. If it wasnt the hot mixes it was bugs or inadequate surfactant or clumps of lime..
Most if the time it would do fine. But i sure had my fair share of problems with it. Mind you ive probably used thousands of bales of the stuff and thats where you start to see the variability bag to bag. Using only a bale or 2 you might not get a bad bag. Our main building used about 80 bales a year for almost a decade.

Last edited:
Happydude32ed

Happydude32ed

I would like to try coco. Ive used FFOF many times in the past and have no complaints. I like the idea of promix, but Ive been watching a lot of grows where people just use coir mixed with some lime and veg powder mixes. Then just use PH water up to flower. During flower they just top dress with some bloom and other powdered nutes once or twice per cycle and again just use PH water. It seems easy once you get the mix right, amd it also allows you to fix any PH problems with a simple flush OR if the soild PH is to high just use a lower PH water. To low and just use a higher PH water. Seems kinda simple to me. Probably need to do a run or two to get it down right, but it seems like a fairly simple way to avoid nute lockouts plus coco allows plenty of oxygen to the roots. Just dont over water.
Ive never tried using itso im just going off what Ive been reading and watching.
Anyone have any experience with it ? Is that more or less how it works ? Sorry of there is a thread for this or if this is in the wrong place. I just joined this community a week or so ago seeking knowledge and wisdom and still dont really know my way around here yet.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The 4 young plants are doing great after a week in ocean forest and 25% large chunky perlite. Been a week since watering. None are ready for more water yet. Likely a couple more days and i will topfill the seedling cups up close to the cots. The buried stems will have support and will grow more roots.

5754E713 AECD 4D1C BBCB 4ED5EFC29ED7

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Dont plants under T-5 HO fluorescents look chilled out and happy. :-)

i admit i am still shy to put a cold electronic diode over them. The 250 watts of tubes keeps the tent a nice 75 degrees farenheight and the little 6” clip fan on low a nice gentle breeze...

wait that sounds nicer than my living room at 67 degrees with a noisy old humidifier going. I must really love my plants eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom