• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Self inflicted. Easy to fix thanks to the lack of buffering though. lol

We will see my friend. Things can go bad real fast in hydro. I can royally fuck up a plant to the point it looses all its fan leaves and still recover something nice in soil. Its really soilless. I wish everyone would stop calling peat lite mixes soil. Unless its worm castings that make it soil.

Even pro mix used to have a 1400ppm starter charge. Got my plants through 3-4 weeks. No it seems the america bales do not. Or the 2 types of lime. Dolomite for short activation and calcitic for longer term buffering.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That was easy. Eliminate the problem, no soil no problem.

Well.. No soil, different problems. But wool does have tangible variables I can easily measure and manipulate with relative confidence compared to soil. And the feeding cycles are very short so a problem can be corrected quickly as long as I notice the problem. And theres the rub, as long as I notice the problem.

Though its true MiMed, it's my first adventure in completely inert media and it could go south fast. But right now I'm loving it. It's not nearly as risky as RDWC or other hydro methods, honesty it's been very similar to running a soiless mix, just less guesswork.

No doubt I still have a lot to learn though. But cemchris and my buddy have reassured me wool hydroponics isnt nearly as difficult as people portray it, and at this point I believe them.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

QUESTION:

I haven't successfully revegged plant since the mid-90s, although I've only tried once during a heatwave and I was away for a bit & when I got back it was dry as a bone and I scrapped it

I'm about to take the Remo's this morning I can't stand to look at em anymore they're not going to do anything and they're just taking space I'm going to put them in a closet for a couple of days hopefully ripen them a bit more

But there's one of them that I didn't get a rooted clone from, so...

My question is:

I know where to cut and what to leave on plant; but what do you feed a plant when you put it in to reveg?

I used to give it a big shot of nitrogen and I remember a couple years ago when I try to reveg that la og people said that's not the way to go, so I'm curious as to what you do?
-Thanks

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

QUESTION:

I haven't successfully revegged plant since the mid-90s, although I've only tried once during a heatwave and I was away for a bit & when I got back it was dry as a bone and I scrapped it

I'm about to take the Remo's this morning I can't stand to look at em anymore they're not going to do anything and they're just taking space I'm going to put them in a closet for a couple of days hopefully ripen them a bit more

But there's one of them that I didn't get a rooted clone from, so...

My question is:

I know where to cut and what to leave on plant; but what do you feed a plant when you put it in to reveg?

I used to give it a big shot of nitrogen and I remember a couple years ago when I try to reveg that la og people said that's not the way to go, so I'm curious as to what you do?
-Thanks

I have only done this in ocean forest so i never had to feed one but they can sit in a glass of water for 3 weeks to root and they dont die while growing some roots.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have only done this in ocean forest so i never had to feed one but they can sit in a glass of water for 3 weeks to root and they dont die while growing some roots.
I remember doing this as a kid... But never tried with cannabis. Do you change the water like every 3-4 days? I may give it a try if I find something I like since that would save me from having to take a buncha clones before hand. Which I stopping doing cause it's been a pita with shit not being here due to limits

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

My bad I wasn't clear;

this is a whole plant already in 3-gallon ffof. It will be harvested in the next few days

Will cut it, leaving an appropriate amount of stalk height and buds on it

Will put it back in 17/ 7 veg

I'm wondering what to feed it to encourage it to reveg??

More specifically should I give it a heavy shot of nitrogen initially like I used to or perhaps a 20-20-20 feeding? Thanks

Srenots

Srenots

My bad I wasn't clear;

this is a whole plant already in 3-gallon ffof. It will be harvested in the next few days

More specifically should I give it a heavy shot of nitrogen initially like I used to or perhaps a 20-20-20 feeding? Thanks
then just use straight water....keep moist, not wet , roots are already there sooo......you should see new growth in around 2 weeks, hope this helps bro

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I remember doing this as a kid... But never tried with cannabis. Do you change the water like every 3-4 days? I may give it a try if I find something I like since that would save me from having to take a buncha clones before hand. Which I stopping doing cause it's been a pita with shit not being here due to limits

I topped it off every couple days and changed water once a week or if its cloudy.

Also just unadjusted well water of course.

When i see root bumps and maybe a few little roots i plant in soil.

I feel its like taprooting a seed to know its viable.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I got a friend and that's how he's always cloned, just clip and stick in a solo cup of tap water and changes the water every few days. It works for him, not for me.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My bad I wasn't clear;

I have only revegged one whole plant ever. Gives terrible results in my opinion. Better to re grow the clone in my opinion.

I didnt fertilize for a couple weeks but there were nutes left from the first grow.

Srenots

Srenots

I have only revegged one whole plant ever. Gives terrible results in my opinion. Better to re grow the clone in my opinion.

I didnt fertilize for a couple weeks but there were nutes left from the first grow.
really? never had any issues revegging in soil, just takes a while.... once new growth starts up again, simply feed light nutes and rock n roll, the soil is still alive from last run.... seems to work just fine here...were u using Ocean Forest Soil or the Peat Mix medium ?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

really? never had any issues revegging in soil, just takes a while.... once new growth starts up again, simply feed light nutes and rock n roll, the soil is still alive from last run.... seems to work just fine here...were u using Ocean Forest Soil or the Peat Mix medium ?

Works fine. I didnt mean that. It grew into a thin too branchy and then loose budded lower yielding and quality bush.

Way too much space needed for my system. And the clones re grow normally.

And so did my friends who talked me into doing it.

He actually had been revegging the same flowers for a long time. Many many runs.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Just thought i would put this here. I see some seedlings show a bit of nutrient stress from ocean forest in the way of maybe a twist in the first or second leaves but never a burn and never a problem caused by the soil.

And rooted clones grow fast and strong in it.

I still cant figure out why so many growers report problems.

I think its just overwatering. So many wont let the soil dry out.

Thoughts everyone?

Srenots

Srenots

Works fine. I didnt mean that. It grew into a thin too branchy and then loose budded lower yielding and quality bush.

Way too much space needed for my system. And the clones re grow normally.

And so did my friends who talked me into doing it.

He actually had been revegging the same flowers for a long time. Many many runs.

are u using soil or peat?

Srenots

Srenots

Just thought i would put this here. I see some seedlings show a bit of nutrient stress from ocean forest in the way of maybe a twist in the first or second leaves but never a burn and never a problem caused by the soil.

Thoughts everyone?

yes, prob just overwatering... one of the most common problems that people do is overwatering, myself included... Med is very right about letting the pots dry out some before the next watering... also when u water/feed...do it around the outside of the pots, not straight on where the stems meet the soil...let the roots search for feed if that makes any sense....hope this helps

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Not always, I've killed a number of cuttings doing that, after a month or so and the waters all gone yellowish brown and stems have gone to mush its time to toss them. I think temperatures a big part of the failure though, too cold at night lights off, but I'm learning. My mentor took cuttings off every plant she didn't already have,restaurants,hotels,clubs, airport anywhere she could discreetly snip off came a cutting & drop them in water to root at home. She liked to live in a jungle setting it seemed at the time and her home was full of exotic plants.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Not always, I've killed a number of cuttings doing that, after a month or so and the waters all gone yellowish brown and stems have gone to mush its time to toss them. I think temperatures a big part of the failure though, too cold at night lights off, but I'm learning. My mentor took cuttings off every plant she didn't already have,restaurants,hotels,clubs, airport anywhere she could discreetly snip off came a cutting & drop them in water to root at home. She liked to live in a jungle setting it seemed at the time and her home was full of exotic plants.
I guess I missed the water changing part. lol

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thoughts everyone?
Two other possibilities I can see; first one I've done myself LOL

I didn't used to break it up well and I think seedlings hit hot clumps

And probably more prevalent I believe they start feeding far too soon and too strong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom