Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Srenots

Srenots

Just thought i would put this here. I see some seedlings show a bit of nutrient stress from ocean forest in the way of maybe a twist in the first or second leaves but never a burn and never a problem caused by the soil.

And rooted clones grow fast and strong in it.

I still cant figure out why so many growers report problems.

I think its just overwatering. So many wont let the soil dry out.

Thoughts everyone?
we start seed in Ocean Forest ....no issues at all... so over watering is prob the culprit when that happens... stay organic as possible with teas and little to no nutes, especially when making beans...this way whatever the style is of anyone who runs them can do their magic with how they run, so far a no brainer ~

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Not always, I've killed a number of cuttings doing that, after a month or so and the waters all gone yellowish brown and stems have gone to mush its time to toss them. I think temperatures a big part of the failure though, too cold at night lights off, but I'm learning. My mentor took cuttings off every plant she didn't already have,restaurants,hotels,clubs, airport anywhere she could discreetly snip off came a cutting & drop them in water to root at home. She liked to live in a jungle setting it seemed at the time and her home was full of exotic plants.
I do the same. Some do well and some end up in the composter but I've added some pretty neat plants that I otherwise would never have had.

Since adding a 1/4 tsp of SuperThrive to a gallon of water my success rate has gone way up. Stuff works and looking forward to using it when cloning.

I too believe tempeture plays a part in cloning. Too hot or cold effects their ability to put down roots.

I'll give it a try this week. Rain starts tomorrow for 3 days. Got a lot of growth on a some plants that need to be removed so time to experiment.

Changing the water every few days is key, as is putting the cutting in water asap after clipping, like clip and set in water. Air can enter the cut stem and it will never (never say never) root.

Srenots

Srenots

I do the same. Some do well and some end up in the composter but I've added some pretty neat plants that I otherwise would never have had.

Since adding a 1/4 tsp of SuperThrive to a gallon of water my success rate has gone way up. Stuff works and looking forward to using it when cloning.

I too believe tempeture plays a part in cloning. Too hot or cold effects their ability to put down roots.

I'll give it a try this week. Rain starts tomorrow for 3 days. Got a lot of growth on a some plants that need to be removed so time to experiment.

Changing the water every few days is key, as is putting the cutting in water asap after clipping, like clip and set in water. Air can enter the cut stem and it will never (never say never) root.

every single time u take a clone, cut it from the plant, and fast as possible put it in the cup of water and clip at an angle again under the water, hence to keep air from getting into it....this is the preferred method of making sure u get a clean cut with no air involved, but , at the same time, have tried not using the water method for testing and they still go.... soooo, take ur pick, we are dealing with the one of the most resilient plants on earth, she takes alot of punishment and still keeps rockin ~ using the KISS method works....dont overthink it and just rum em man lol

Last edited:
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Just thought i would put this here. I see some seedlings show a bit of nutrient stress from ocean forest in the way of maybe a twist in the first or second leaves but never a burn and never a problem caused by the soil.

And rooted clones grow fast and strong in it.

I still cant figure out why so many growers report problems.

I think its just overwatering. So many wont let the soil dry out.

Thoughts everyone?
My boy's first grow? Over watered. I allowed it to happen. Gave him a moisture meter, taught him to lift the pots, dig around the edge, etc but he still watered the shit out of em. Ended up with 6 & 8" tall plants with immature flowers. Kinda feel bad for allowing it but one needs to learn.

He really likes my coco grow. Go figure...

707finisher

707finisher

Over the last couple days I have read much of your journal, at page 49 I skipped ahead to ask a question 😄.
Start with a little blurg.
I live in humboldt county, ca. I have a 2x2 clone veg tent and a 2x4 flower tent. It’s only for personal to offset my cost. I am medical. I keep a low profile to avoid my kids and the neighbors being to curious. I have them in my attic, it’s hard to access and to control the environment. But I have it fairly well dialed. I am attempting at mimicking the environment inland where the 15 foot out door plants grow.

I have many bonsai trees and am familiar with plant training and recognizing signs of health or sickness. Having said that, growing weed in my tent is nothing like bonsai.

4CA7B6FF 1B34 466E 8E08 351465760B30

This is my first attempt at growing weed all the way to finish(starting a grow doesn’t count lol) I randomly bought a clone from a local dispensary when I was driving by and tossed it in my wood shed for fun. I highly stressed it bending branches and pruned it and defoliation was an ongoing thing removing the large leaves for appearance. It is pretty, but only yielded 5 grams, it started to get real cold at night and I was worried about mold so I pulled it early. It’s called romie, sativa, the club sells it 28% Thc 1.5% cbd. Real bright rush high, energetic working high clear and uplifting. Strange taste, citrus mixed with a hearty beefy steak taste, maybe microbugs? Lmao, organic outdoor. Anyway, I got hooked. Set up my tent, got 3 more romie, a wedding cake, lemonade, candy apple kush, forbidden fruit, and strawberry shortcake. I to love variety and tend to appreciate the old school better.
Now to the question. They shut off our power for a while out here for wind danger. I was running my light cycle at night to have a more consistent temp. I didn’t want to run a geni the whole time so I put them all outside. Now they have been exposed to shock light cycle change and radical temp change, I waited for about a week before I put them back upstairs.
3D833FF4 4D22 4593 9AAA A161706A06D8

Soo after about a week I noticed the soil was drying fast wedding cake was not flowering it was stretching. OMG my shitty digit timer that came with the tent had reverted to “ON” 24 hrs a day. So I flopped the cycle on them from night light to day light, then vegged them for a week. The 3 romie were so close, now they are trying to regrow!!! This is my question.
Will I have to flower them for another full term (start from the beginning)or will they finish sooner(pick up where they left off)? Lol what a pain.

48290CB6 C47F 4B8E BFA1 7B073868D297
0B4FE2AD 15FB 4EA7 B9DE 80C9BA5FA82D
8015FFDD 9048 464D A808 326F1D7414B7

I have learned much from reading your thread. Thank you for taking the time to take all those pictures and answer the same questions over and over for those that didn’t read from the beginning lol. Going forward I am reducing the number of plants from 8 to 4, and ass the ones in there now finish I will toss in new ones like you do, 4 or so in various stages will be much easier to work with, these plants don’t want to be bonsai, they want to be left alone to do what THEY DO BEST, make the buds for us. 😆 I have 6 jack herer standard seeds planted last night, hope to get one or two strong females, have a romie clone(super easy strain to grow, only one that made it from being shoved in the dirt and neglected, took one of the wedding cake, forbidden fruit, short cake, they all died) and a magic melon, super excited about that. Still undecided if I just flower or clone it up first.

5CB6A707 C4D4 491D A201 5D529ACB203E

They just add up so fast and my space is so limited. Just took 4 cuttings, lemonade, sshortcake, wedding cake, and candy apple kush

E5CA9402 F9F6 4504 9AF7 3AF66ED4C13E

Just threw them in tap water. Trying to keep it simple, I love over complicating things. Using humboldt county’s own just the base nutrients with a little super thrive sometimes.
19811AC6 08EE 4A09 88B3 263F7BC761DA

Anyway, hoping to salvage this run at least to offset my power bill hah. Any advice or “friendly” criticism welcome. Obviously I’m new to this. Thanks for reading and thanks sir for the excellent thread, has been a real treat watching your beans sprout and following them through the whole process, truly inspirational!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Not always, I've killed a number of cuttings doing that, after a month or so and the waters all gone yellowish brown and stems have gone to mush its time to toss them. I think temperatures a big part of the failure though, too cold at night lights off, but I'm learning. My mentor took cuttings off every plant she didn't already have,restaurants,hotels,clubs, airport anywhere she could discreetly snip off came a cutting & drop them in water to root at home. She liked to live in a jungle setting it seemed at the time and her home was full of exotic plants.

You should change the water before it goes nasty. I have had a 11 week flowered cutting in a cup of water for more than a month. She ate 2/3 of her leaves by then but still rooted eventually.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Over the last couple days I have read much of your journal, at page 49 I skipped ahead to ask a question 😄.
Start with a little blurg.
I live in humboldt county, ca. I have a 2x2 clone veg tent and a 2x4 flower tent. It’s only for personal to offset my cost. I am medical. I keep a low profile to avoid my kids and the neighbors being to curious. I have them in my attic, it’s hard to access and to control the environment. But I have it fairly well dialed. I am attempting at mimicking the environment inland where the 15 foot out door plants grow.

I have many bonsai trees and am familiar with plant training and recognizing signs of health or sickness. Having said that, growing weed in my tent is nothing like bonsai.

View attachment 911534
This is my first attempt at growing weed all the way to finish(starting a grow doesn’t count lol) I randomly bought a clone from a local dispensary when I was driving by and tossed it in my wood shed for fun. I highly stressed it bending branches and pruned it and defoliation was an ongoing thing removing the large leaves for appearance. It is pretty, but only yielded 5 grams, it started to get real cold at night and I was worried about mold so I pulled it early. It’s called romie, sativa, the club sells it 28% Thc 1.5% cbd. Real bright rush high, energetic working high clear and uplifting. Strange taste, citrus mixed with a hearty beefy steak taste, maybe microbugs? Lmao, organic outdoor. Anyway, I got hooked. Set up my tent, got 3 more romie, a wedding cake, lemonade, candy apple kush, forbidden fruit, and strawberry shortcake. I to love variety and tend to appreciate the old school better.
Now to the question. They shut off our power for a while out here for wind danger. I was running my light cycle at night to have a more consistent temp. I didn’t want to run a geni the whole time so I put them all outside. Now they have been exposed to shock light cycle change and radical temp change, I waited for about a week before I put them back upstairs.
View attachment 911540

Soo after about a week I noticed the soil was drying fast wedding cake was not flowering it was stretching. OMG my shitty digit timer that came with the tent had reverted to “ON” 24 hrs a day. So I flopped the cycle on them from night light to day light, then vegged them for a week. The 3 romie were so close, now they are trying to regrow!!! This is my question.
Will I have to flower them for another full term (start from the beginning)or will they finish sooner(pick up where they left off)? Lol what a pain.

View attachment 911565View attachment 911566View attachment 911567

I have learned much from reading your thread. Thank you for taking the time to take all those pictures and answer the same questions over and over for those that didn’t read from the beginning lol. Going forward I am reducing the number of plants from 8 to 4, and ass the ones in there now finish I will toss in new ones like you do, 4 or so in various stages will be much easier to work with, these plants don’t want to be bonsai, they want to be left alone to do what THEY DO BEST, make the buds for us. 😆 I have 6 jack herer standard seeds planted last night, hope to get one or two strong females, have a romie clone(super easy strain to grow, only one that made it from being shoved in the dirt and neglected, took one of the wedding cake, forbidden fruit, short cake, they all died) and a magic melon, super excited about that. Still undecided if I just flower or clone it up first.

View attachment 911569

They just add up so fast and my space is so limited. Just took 4 cuttings, lemonade, sshortcake, wedding cake, and candy apple kush

View attachment 911570

Just threw them in tap water. Trying to keep it simple, I love over complicating things. Using humboldt county’s own just the base nutrients with a little super thrive sometimes.
View attachment 911573

Anyway, hoping to salvage this run at least to offset my power bill hah. Any advice or “friendly” criticism welcome. Obviously I’m new to this. Thanks for reading and thanks sir for the excellent thread, has been a real treat watching your beans sprout and following them through the whole process, truly inspirational!

Thank you so much for the compliments. I worked very hard to learn this stuff and have not had any time off since i have been supplying flowers to med patients. About 6 years total now.

But i dont know the answer to your question. I have never had plants accidentally reveg and then finish flowering them but i bet now that i bumped your question one of the growers who know can chime in.

Your plants look very healthy especially considering the stress they went through. Just stop cutting them up for appearance and let them grow tons of leaves and bud sites. Topping can be a great tool. And lst or bending the plant to make it grow how you want.

You already got a green thumb man. I wish you the best success moving foward. :-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Two other possibilities I can see; first one I've done myself LOL

I didn't used to break it up well and I think seedlings hit hot clumps

And probably more prevalent I believe they start feeding far too soon and too strong

Oooh. I forgot to mention braking up the clumps real good and re mixing.

Great tip!

The fertilizing early i just burned two plants with. Lol.

Srenots

Srenots

My boy's first grow? Over watered. I allowed it to happen. Gave him a moisture meter, taught him to lift the pots, dig around the edge, etc but he still watered the shit out of em. Ended up with 6 & 8" tall plants with immature flowers. Kinda feel bad for allowing it but one needs to learn.

He really likes my coco grow. Go figure...
lifting pots is way to go, once u get used to it its a no brainer....

Nobody116

Nobody116

I got a friend and that's how he's always cloned, just clip and stick in a solo cup of tap water and changes the water every few days. It works for him, not for me.
That's always been hit or miss for me. It would be nice not to need rockwool cubes to clone. But it's what works best for me.

I have only revegged one whole plant ever. Gives terrible results in my opinion. Better to re grow the clone in my opinion.

I didnt fertilize for a couple weeks but there were nutes left from the first grow.

I was always told reveg is just to save a strain / make cuttings that would then grow properly / not all scraggly.
Only ever did it once and for that purpose. Tried several times, only successful once ;)

Srenots

Srenots

That's always been hit or miss for me. It would be nice not to need rockwool cubes to clone. But it's what works best for me.

I was always told reveg is just to save a strain / make cuttings that would then grow properly / not all scraggly.
Only ever did it once and for that purpose. Tried several times, only successful once ;)

yes , the only time anyone tries to reveg is because they forgot to take a clone and keep a certain strain going , or just for the hell of it....it works just fine if u do it right, no worries...never had an issue with reveg

707finisher

707finisher

Thank you, I’m trying, I did read a lot, I have a jack herer male I’m considering crossing with some of the females, maybe some of the clones, jack herer and Durban poison are a couple favs, i also am going to buy feminized seeds in the future, I realized I don’t have time or space to sex them all every go.
FD1E0B42 8BCB 44B8 9E0E 85290AB0FB00

Last edited:
Srenots

Srenots

I have read that the oxygen content of the water is important, adding more clean water every day or 2 resupplies the oxygen, that’s why the clone machines work so good, oxygen. Correct me if I’m wrong, I just read lol.
well isnt that just simple common sense? of course fresh water works great.... u dont want old nasty water do u?

707finisher

707finisher

well isnt that just simple common sense? of course fresh water works great.... u dont want old nasty water do u?
Yes it is common sense :) I’ve been rooting stuff in glasses of tap water in the kitchen window my whole adult life lol. I’ve also made a cloning machine from pvc pipe in a 5 gallon bucket, cost 25$ and worked amazing, I gave it away. I’ve partnered in larger grows several times, found I like doing things my own way, by myself. Then only I am disappointed and only I am rewarded lol. Being in the construction field I’ve been able to set up several nice indoor grows. This is the first time I am doing it myself, and caring for it myself. Building a grow is so much different than doing it! Sorry for blowing up your thread med. just excited to be able to talk about it :)

707finisher

707finisher

I helped improve production of an 8 light, added 4 more lights 2 4x8’ beds, evened out the coverage of the lighting, improved air flow and environment control, used flat white luminescent base paint(it refracts the light evenly rather than reflects it inconsistently like Mylar) to clean and improve the quality and humidity resistance of the room(was bare Sheetrock) and many other small details.
This was the most fun, I had to fix it lol.
But I’ve never grown the plants past the first couple weeks, everyone ends up doing stupid shit and I just walk away, don’t need stupid shit in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom