Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thats cut up 1” thick foil backed styrophome from a 4x8 sheet at home depot. Its my 1” stand. The little plastic crates are 6”. There is other assorted crap used as stands too. The tangerene wood boxes are 4”. Its the science of trash. Lol
i love it and recycle myself,i have my tent sitting on 2x6,then i have the plastic trays my plants stay in,but they seem to still be a little cold,and even i hate cold feet lmao,i have plenty of that stuff laying around and see if i can get the pots to stand on some and still drain into the totes

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I also use one inch styrofoam in my five by five; I've also added two 75 watt reptile heaters and now I'm watering every two and a half to three days, same as in the summer

before that it was every five days or even longer before they would drink, and they never really dried out properly

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I also use one inch styrofoam in my five by five; I've also added two 75 watt reptile heaters and now I'm watering every two and a half to three days, same as in the summer

before that it was every five days or even longer before they would drink, and they never really dried out properly
im feeding once a week and loving it,i know when the real work begins i be like shit hungry bitches ,right now there growing slow as my old ass moves and we good with that hahahah,tent staying around 72 to 75 lights on around 60 to 65 off,so all good for now,cold snap just moved in though,i run my lights at night,so a red heat lamp in the utility room is in order,hahahah cheap way of heating the room without spending a crap load of money other than electric,lights on i leave the tent open a little to draw in the room temps

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

im feeding once a week and loving it,i know when the real work begins i be like shit hungry bitches ,right now there growing slow as my old ass moves and we good with that hahahah,tent staying around 72 to 75 lights on around 60 to 65 off,so all good for now,cold snap just moved in though,i run my lights at night,so a red heat lamp in the utility room is in order,hahahah cheap way of heating the room without spending a crap load of money other than electric,lights on i leave the tent open a little to draw in the room temps
That's what I do in my veg tent to slow everything down LOL they still get the styrofoam but no supplementary Heat

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well I picked up my soil. The guy loaded the bags into my van so i didnt see til i got home.

One bag has a big hole in it and is soaking wet inside and thenother bag is just as heavy and dense.

Cant use either bag. Im going to end up buying a bale of pro mix at the feed store. I cant find a store that can properly handle their own soil.

It was left in the entrance to the store during a snowstorm. Not inside.

AtomicRoostr

AtomicRoostr

Well I picked up my soil. The guy loaded the bags into my van so i didnt see til i got home.

One bag has a big hole in it and is soaking wet inside and thenother bag is just as heavy and dense.

Cant use either bag. Im going to end up buying a bale of pro mix at the feed store. I cant find a store that can properly handle their own soil.

That's crazy they couldn't even accommodate a simple request. Properly stored soil, and they claim to be a grow store. So sorry man

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

That sucks! that's also why I bought the Pro mix, the best Fox Farm I've ever had came delivered from Amazon, Fresh and fluffy

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That's crazy they couldn't even accommodate a simple request. Properly stored soil, and they claim to be a grow store. So sorry man

I have been going through this with different shops (all at least a half hour away) for the last few years.

When I ordered perlite it was left in the back room for me so i figured they would care for my ordered soil.

Now its an emergency. I am almost out of the ocean forest and perlite i was using.

What can ya do?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

But not for $14
Wow that is cheap! but if it's not usable??you know what I mean?

It can't be foxfarm for that price?? I think I paid 27 bucks delivered. I may have missed what you said it was? I'm not the biggest fan of Pro mix but I'm not used to it yet so that's probably the issues I'm having, well I'm not having issues, I just don't know if I like it yet

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It can't be foxfarm for that price?? I think I paid 27 bucks delivered. I may have missed what you said it was? I'm not the biggest fan of Pro mix but I'm not used to it yet so that's probably the issues I'm having, well I'm not having issues, I just don't know if I like it yet

Its been $14 -16 locally for a few years now. The 1.5 cubic feet bag. Used to be $20 but the stores have to compete now.

They only charged me $14 each for the mothers earth bags too.

Had i picked them up myself i would have rejected them and got something else. But this getting consistant soil is becoming a real problem.

At least pro mix is sealed in plastic and has the bagged date in big numbers on the label.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Oh yeah I forgot the good part. They carry Cali Connection seeds. Go rec! I picked up a pack of girl scout cookies. Never grew any cookies before. I have to look again but i believe they crossed the forum cut to their sfv og for the fems. So its really OG Cookies.

I have grown their Deadhead Og. And it was one of the best plants i have grown. Fantastic taste and powerful uplifting high.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Oh yeah I forgot the good part. They carry Cali Connection seeds. Go rec! I picked up a pack of girl scout cookies. Never grew any cookies before. I have to look again but i believe they crossed the forum cut to their sfv og for the fems. So its really OG Cookies.

I have grown their Deadhead Og. And it was one of the best plants i have grown. Fantastic taste and powerful uplifting high.
Love the CC / OG raskal LA OG, ran it for quite a while till I lost it, one of the small handful of seeds I would buy again

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

you know i checked that link you had other day,even talked with 3 folks that lead to a biolgist i still havent emailed,i was really gonna consider repotting all my outdoor containers with it,found out in extreme weather the hpcc would suit me best,has course coco and perlite in to help retain moisture,all that sounded great until i looked how much a bail was,damn bro i bought a bail of hp about 5 years ago,for 40 bucks delevered to the house,that shit is 85 bucks a bail no matter what type you get,i cant do that,so i guess im gonna have to buy peat moss and make my own again,i cant do 85 a bail,im talking about almost a whole bail per container,and i have 27 of them at 18 gal a tote,no good with math but figure a bail would be right at 6cuft so 3/4 of a bail per tote,damn.
thats the shgit that make it hard on a old timer ,but i be damn if i break down and just buy it outright just because i had heart surgery,i just quit growing first,not getting wrapped up in the carpet bagger sales gimmick shit this late in life hahahah;
done venting hahahah

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I have been going through this with different shops (all at least a half hour away) for the last few years.

When I ordered perlite it was left in the back room for me so i figured they would care for my ordered soil.

Now its an emergency. I am almost out of the ocean forest and perlite i was using.

What can ya do?
spread it out and let it dry a bit bro thats it,you can also ,treat it spread out to nip bugs in the bud,run a test for ph and ppm and decide if you need to cut it with peat moss,peat will take the ph back down and when it goes down so does the ppm if you dig.
i went with the kellogg garden soil and that was ahuge mistake,now for seed to veg ,shit is great but once there gets about 2 sets true leaves started having problems from it,i wouldnt recomend it other than starting plants at least not cannibis

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

my first use of it gave me hell and back,then i started treating it like soil and problem disapeared,just feed it the goodies soil like and same way it comes out fine just a balanced diet,i was treating it like soiless at first damn was a freaking nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom