Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Srenots

Srenots

Thank you and please dont change everything because of my grow. Always do what you are comfortable with.

that said. My theory was to do this looking at it like when i used to keep fish tanks.

Provide the environment and maintain like the how to keep a fish tank book said. Buy quality fish from a respected dealer. And then get out of their way and watch them adapt and thrive through the glass.

I had no experience at all growing plants. Honestly 5 years ago I barely ever even watered one. I never had interest in them before. Well beyond their beauty in the forest as I blasted by on bikes and snowboards and stuff.

So I read the two most popular books and probably every thread on multiple forums for a few years. Then greenhouse production guides and on and on...

And set up a 4x4 tent in the spare bedroom.

The way i do everything is pretty much still the way those two books describe.

Especially the perpetual garden stuff in ed rosenthals book.

And my breeder was a great help too. He helped teach me not to over care and let the plants do their thing with only what they need to thrive.

He had his own nutes made called Easy Pistils. Its Spanish because of his location but he tends to grow in an organic mix and add the fertilizer ( and calcium powder as he calls it) in flower as needed. Leaning toward longer dry cycles and light fertilizer.

So thats how i do it too. Hell, he had one of the best gallery of pics i ever saw on his old website.

Man i have been working too much lately. I need sleep. I just keep babling on. Lol. :)

Have a good day!

yep, well said...keep em rockin, they dont need much, let em do their thing, KISS method is best, IPM and good to go

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'm very handsy and train like crazy all throughout veg and early flower. My plants vegging now I've been trying to mainline them as I've never tried that technique before. With all that said, after following this thread, I'm looking forward to a new first for me in my future grow. When I start my next round of seeds, I'm not doing anything at all to the plants and I'm just going to let them grow naturally. I'm also planning to drop all additives for that grow and using only base nutes. I can't wait to see the difference and how it all works out. What you have going on over there and your results are very impressive and inspirational.

It's going to be crazy and eye opening if I get the results I think I might get by doing that. I'm expecting my grow to be the healthiest throughout to date, a larger yield, and better quality. If I'm right, I'll shake my head in disbelief thinking about all the money I spent on additives I thought "I needed." I can't wait.

Smart move. I agree with MiMed fully on his grow mantra if we can call it that.

The less you do you physically manipulate a plant, the more happily and healthy it is and the more vigorously it grows. I like to do one topping when the plants are young but that's it. Let it grow. When I flower I'll pull the branches out and stake with bamboo. I actually grow in a very similar fashion as MiMed in many ways.

And same... Base nutes all the way. Didnt use a single addative for nearly 20 years with excellent results.

Phylex

Phylex

Thank you and please dont change everything because of my grow. Always do what you are comfortable with.

that said. My theory was to do this looking at it like when i used to keep fish tanks.

Provide the environment and maintain like the how to keep a fish tank book said. Buy quality fish from a respected dealer. And then get out of their way and watch them adapt and thrive through the glass.

I had no experience at all growing plants. Honestly 5 years ago I barely ever even watered one. I never had interest in them before. Well beyond their beauty in the forest as I blasted by on bikes and snowboards and stuff.

So I read the two most popular books and probably every thread on multiple forums for a few years. Then greenhouse production guides and on and on...

And set up a 4x4 tent in the spare bedroom.

The way i do everything is pretty much still the way those two books describe.

Especially the perpetual garden stuff in ed rosenthals book.

And my breeder was a great help too. He helped teach me not to over care and let the plants do their thing with only what they need to thrive.

He had his own nutes made called Easy Pistils. Its Spanish because of his location but he tends to grow in an organic mix and add the fertilizer ( and calcium powder as he calls it) in flower as needed. Leaning toward longer dry cycles and light fertilizer.

So thats how i do it too. Hell, he had one of the best gallery of pics i ever saw on his old website.

Man i have been working too much lately. I need sleep. I just keep babling on. Lol. :)

Have a good day!
No pressure, it better work for me too. lol. In all seriousness I'm new to growing and haven't found my way yet. How could I if I haven't tried everything for myself. I need to see what I like and what works for me. For instance, my first grow was trying to SCROG. I think it came out good, and I know I can do even better if ran again now that I know what to expect and what I would do differently. My second/current grow I was a little indecisive early on. It was only to test genetics. However I used this opportunity to try bamboo stakes. I've learned I like the flexibility of being able to move the plants around and take them out if needed. But now I need to see how it compares to weight vs. SCROG. My third grow that's in veg I'm trying the manifold technique. Every grow so far has involved a ton of training, lst, topping, FIMing, and super cropping. (Plants in a constant state of stress recovery.) And I believe this is negating my plants to reach their full potential. I'll explain below if anyone cares to read my theory.

With that all said, what's next is trying out your style and letting the plant just do it's thing with minimal manipulation. I'll end up finding what I like and what works best for me after this trial and error phase. But based on my theory below, I honestly believe the way you grow helps a plant reach it's full potential and they grow much quicker without the undo stress.

Here's my theory based on what I'm seeing in my environment.

A trained plant will take longer to grow, and may not reach it's full potential when heavily trained.

Exhibit A: Birthday Cake Kush "Mom"
I trained her like crazy with topping, LST, FIM'ing, etc. just about every 7 days on average throughout veg. (constant state of stress recovery) She's bushy, cola's look very frosty, but fan leave have zero trichomes.

Exhibit B: Birthday Cake Kush "Clone"
I didn't touch this plant at all when it came to training until it grew into the light during stretch. So I supper cropped it once. The plants growth was more robust. It grew a lot quicker than it's stressed mom, and the fan leaves have trichomes. It also looked happier throughout.

My poor man conclusion and surprise points solely and directly at the fan leaves. The untouched plant, to me, shows better potential with the fan leaves having trichomes on them, vs. being absent on the heavily trained plant. I would suspect the "mom" will still be fire, and I may not have even noticed any different if I didn't have something to compare it to. But the untrained clone may actually end up a notch above it's mom without all that consistent stress and training in regards to quality.

This is all in theory in my own mind. Which is why I look forward to trying your method. Simple and just let the plant do its thing.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

No pressure, it better work for me too. lol. In all seriousness I'm new to growing and haven't found my way yet. How could I if I haven't tried everything for myself. I need to see what I like and what works for me. For instance, my first grow was trying to SCROG. I think it came out good, and I know I can do even better if ran again now that I know what to expect and what I would do differently. My second/current grow I was a little indecisive early on. It was only to test genetics. However I used this opportunity to try bamboo stakes. I've learned I like the flexibility of being able to move the plants around and take them out if needed. But now I need to see how it compares to weight vs. SCROG. My third grow that's in veg I'm trying the manifold technique. Every grow so far has involved a ton of training, lst, topping, FIMing, and super cropping. (Plants in a constant state of stress recovery.) And I believe this is negating my plants to reach their full potential. I'll explain below if anyone cares to read my theory.

With that all said, what's next is trying out your style and letting the plant just do it's thing with minimal manipulation. I'll end up finding what I like and what works best for me after this trial and error phase. But based on my theory below, I honestly believe the way you grow helps a plant reach it's full potential and they grow much quicker without the undo stress.

Here's my theory based on what I'm seeing in my environment.

A trained plant will take longer to grow, and may not reach it's full potential when heavily trained.

Exhibit A: Birthday Cake Kush "Mom"
I trained her like crazy with topping, LST, FIM'ing, etc. just about every 7 days on average throughout veg. (constant state of stress recovery) She's bushy, cola's look very frosty, but fan leave have zero trichomes.

Exhibit B: Birthday Cake Kush "Clone"
I didn't touch this plant at all when it came to training until it grew into the light during stretch. So I supper cropped it once. The plants growth was more robust. It grew a lot quicker than it's stressed mom, and the fan leaves have trichomes. It also looked happier throughout.

My poor man conclusion and surprise points solely and directly at the fan leaves. The untouched plant, to me, shows better potential with the fan leaves having trichomes on them, vs. being absent on the heavily trained plant. I would suspect the "mom" will still be fire, and I may not have even noticed any different if I didn't have something to compare it to. But the untrained clone may actually end up a notch above it's mom without all that consistent stress and training in regards to quality.

This is all in theory in my own mind. Which is why I look forward to trying your method. Simple and just let the plant do its thing.

You are doing great. Just getting the results you are with all different styles right from the beginning is awesome!

Keep in mind. I have used the same pots water nutes potting soil lights and even seeds (although i have tried plenty of others) for 4 years planting a new plant hoping to improve constantly.

My yield and potency are much higher than when i started. Point is. One grow doesnt tell us much. I always run cuttings for tests or comparisons at least 3 times before making a judgement. And no other changes than i am testing.

So pick a style and practice man. It all can work great. Think how it felt after trying so many times when i actually reached 3 oz dry per gallon of soil. Everything i read said i wouldnt beat 2. I have done it numerous times now with no loss of quality according to my patients and we agree. :-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

2 Toxic Blue clones transplanted up to 1 gallon pots.

370CE48A 9C79 4E8B A170 F83D49580A9F
8C863F0C 2CF7 47FE 925A B8682EA499B0

Plushberry in the back.

05AD0D6E 52F9 40F6 A299 7CD8EF46E1E1

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Re-trying Potters Gold soil. They carry it at a new store I checked out. About 25 minutes away. Which is close for us. Nice little grow shop and they price match.

I think I paid $22 a bag 5 years ago. These were $14. Cheap for a small soil company.

It is seriously good shit but I found some broken wood in the first bag. More than i have seen in fox farm. It’s fluffy and light and inoculated. And fully amended.

The clones were the first in.

615E6818 2CFF 4F60 B945 409CBE74B0AB
83ED4A1F 404A 44E2 AD92 54DC71CBDA4C

Srenots

Srenots

Re-trying Potters Gold soil. They carry it at a new store I checked out. About 25 minutes away. Which is close for us. Nice little grow shop and they price match.

I think I paid $22 a bag 5 years ago. These were $14. Cheap for a small soil company.

It is seriously good shit but I found some broken wood in the first bag. More than i have seen in fox farm. It’s fluffy and light and inoculated. And fully amended.

The clones were the first in.

View attachment 867720View attachment 867721

ya FFOF here is like 20-22 a bag... thats a good price ...hell ya

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Here is the website for Michigan growers. It is only available locally.

And i dont usually use this site for info but this is a very good write up and comparison to ocean forest.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It sounds like I would use this product as my go to bag of soil mix. Thats a nice find...

It was the best i have used but when i moved it wasnt close by anymore.

Ocean forest was. Which i have had excellent results and no problems with. I am mostly interested in how it is stored and how fresh.

Now its within a half hour away and kept inside a nice store. No brainer.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

all looks great bro....they do look happy in that soil man

Thanks man. That soil is super fluffy and light but i pulled so much wood out of the first bag i could build a little craft toy.

I will snap a pic......

D525555A AED5 4462 9ADC 38C7B441B2CB

Please ignore the towel ring. Lol. I needed the light.

I got a good set of different leaning phenos going this round. Should be some nice diverse flavors, smells and highs coming.

Srenots

Srenots

Thanks man. That soil is super fluffy and light but i pulled so much wood out of the first bag i could build a little craft toy.

I will snap a pic......

View attachment 867879

Please ignore the towel ring. Lol. I needed the light.

I got a good set of different leaning phenos going this round. Should be some nice diverse flavors, smells and highs coming.
I would think that it wouldnt hurt anything to have some mulch in that mix....in fact is prob a good thing...whats ur thots on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom