Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Nice! I think that’s what I’m doing this time around then. My tent is only 5 feet tall and even with the light all the way to the ceiling I still lose close to a foot if I want to give the plants a minimum 6” clearance so I was thinking that 5 gallon pots might be over kill.

I originally switched from 5’s to 3’s to gain the 2” of height and to keep plants a bit smaller.

Didnt help with the size after a while. Lol.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Nice! I think that’s what I’m doing this time around then. My tent is only 5 feet tall and even with the light all the way to the ceiling I still lose close to a foot if I want to give the plants a minimum 6” clearance so I was thinking that 5 gallon pots might be over kill.
One of the guys here recommended short wide over tall thin pots as mine are. He wasn't just saying that because of low space but I think it was better root support. I haven't gone looking as mine were free but if I came across a short wide pot I'd like to try. With 5 ft under the light I still have mine on blocks lifting them up. I rarely run out of vertical space but horizontal with the plant canopy can get to be more of a problem moving them around as I like to do.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Some bud pics i just took.

Aroma x Blue Lemon Thai
29BA2131 30E0 4795 B539 0AE373E21250

Girl Scout Cookie
3A11DAD5 464E 4AE2 8EBB 17D4D9232CA4

OG Kush x Trainwreck
F4F960B5 A87C 4A04 A429 8F168A7F6BBF

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
One of the guys here recommended short wide over tall thin pots as mine are. He wasn't just saying that because of low space but I think it was better root support. I haven't gone looking as mine were free but if I came across a short wide pot I'd like to try. With 5 ft under the light I still have mine on blocks lifting them up. I rarely run out of vertical space but horizontal with the plant canopy can get to be more of a problem moving them around as I like to do.

8 month old Expert Haze mother
4 gallon square homemade air pots
Her root mass filled it perfectly, no root bind at all.
Could have left her but was tired of watering 2 times a day.
You can grow in almost anything really.
IMG 20200116 201725266

Fabric and "air pruning" containers do work.
Just keep in mind you will be watering much more.
You also have more wide and short options.

Sorry for burple shot, was only one I had of it.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Honestly, the only 5 gallon thing I have is used for water storage, I've never used a 5 gallon for any stage, 3 gallons for flower & 1 gallons for veg with repot to 3 gallon going into flower. I dont even call them gallons lol they are 6" & 12" pots to me, I'm guessing at gallon weight

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well every plant is transplanted or started in pro mix hp now. Not bad results so far. Little yellow on the left rear plant and ahe goes to flower soon. But i really didnt know how much to feed with no nutes in the soil ar all. So i erred on the side of underfeeding.

DAD52FA7 0400 46BE BEBD B1A3A1655E3C

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Well every plant is transplanted or started in pro mix hp now. Not bad results so far. Little yellow on the left rear plant and ahe goes to flower soon. But i really didnt know how much to feed with no nutes in the soil ar all. So i erred on the side of underfeeding.

View attachment 951194
Exactly! that's exactly the issue I'm having now in 100% Pro mix, also how often to feed as well
20200315 113614

They're doing okay tho, but I'm still figuring it out too ✌😎

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Exactly! that's exactly the issue I'm having now in 100% Pro mix, also how often to feed as well
View attachment 951221

They're doing okay tho, but I'm still figuring it out too ✌😎

Cool time to share. :-). How are you going about it? I like to feed every time. In ocean forest around week 2 or 3 in the final pot in flower i would start very low (.8ec) and each water go up about .2 ec per water/feed until the plant was stretched blooming and happy (hopefully) and if i over did it i could run a gallon of fresh water only through and then another gallon of lighter nutrients. This flushed out the excess and reset the nutrient profile with the pure blend pro grow. Also re sets the ph as the built up nutes and waste is washed out.

I usually remain at the peak ec i reached through peak flower development and once they are full and some white pistils have turned i taper back down the same way. The goal is to never need the extra gallon flush. With a good dry cycle this is the method I have been using to grow all the plants in this thread and for the past few years.

When i used pro mix before that i water -feed -water and kept the mix a bit moister than i like now. The results were half or less than i do today.

So I am trying to figure out pro mix. So far they can take more fertilizer each time and the plants i watered the third time yellowed some. My blt seedling in the red cup in the pic above is now at 1.0 with no problems. So i expect to go up sooner in general and maybe .2 to .4 more than in the ocean forest.

Thats my story and im sticking to it.

Oh one issue. the plants with ocean forest in the center red cup or 1 gallon root balls are showing low ph runoff. Like 5.0-5.5.

It seems to be creeping up slowly...

But pure blend pro grow always leaves my ph in the mid 6es.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I also feed every watering but I'm trying to maintain my wet dry cycle and not be tempted to treat it like Coco because it's not Coco I think it's more like soil

Every third watering I flush plain 6.4 water through it record the readings and then I feed it with its respective PPM of nutrients dependent on its needs

Basically I'm feeding veg at 250 - 400 PPM depending on size & how the plant looks and I'm feeding Bloom at 600 when I first put them in and I'm up to 1000 PPM for those big flowering plants I have the pictures of at the beach house

Starting at week 6 I'm also adding 150 PPM cal-mag to the biggest plants because I see a little bit of stippling on some of the leaves, however this may be specific to the black dog because it happens all the time with her

20200315 053750

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I've got two promix related questions, first are you noticing the need to supplement extra magnesium? I sure am

Also do you think TM-7 would be a good additive for promix?
😎

I have not had specific mag deficiency no. But the pro mix hp has two kinds of lime for short and long term effect. Dolomite and calcitic. The retail stuff does not.

I added a teaspoon of lime to a gallon of water and poured through the acidic pots i mentioned with the used up ocean forest 1 gallon centers. Will take a week to raise a point i read.

So i dont have much info yet. Im still figuring out how much to feed. I have 2 new plants that have started in the pro mix. Those are the real test plants but they are in seedling cups still. The rest of the grow was in ocean forest before transplanting into pro mix. I dont recomend the 2 soil mixes to be together in any ratio at this point.

I started both seedlings at .8 ec including my .3 water the second watering about a week after sprout. Water only to plant.

The ph was in range (6.3 ph) in both seedlings by the end of the week after their first feed.

Anthem

Anthem

The sun is breaking through after 6 months of just terrible weather this year and i am thinking of kayaking and mountain biking. We have a full 4 hour river run right in town here. Never have to leave town and the van is only 15 minutes away max. Very curvy windy little river. Goes from town to a real nice campground. Second half of the trip is pretry much deep forest.

Tons of wildlife sightings possible. Even huge Blue Herons and full size salmon. Which are scary monsters next to the kayak. I disturbed an egg laying mother once and she jumped over my boat. A fin cought my face and left quite a deep scratch. I am lucky she just grazed me and missed my eye.

No kayak pics yet in this newer phone but i did get my new mountain bikes ready. I usually ride in winter but it was way to cold and icy this year.

Psyched to ride. We have a local cross country running course a couple miles from my house that is like a hilly race track through the woods. I got permission from the high school coach that built it to ride there. We help maintain it of course.

New toys from last season.

Rompy romp and winter bike. 1x11 gears and 2.8”x 27.5 tubeless tires on 40mm id wheels. Like a big boy bmx bike to ride.
View attachment 861854 View attachment 861855 View attachment 861856

And the cross country race style bike. 2.0” x 29” light and fast tires on 19mm light wheels. And a 2x11 set up. Stiff, fast and responsive. Perfect for our smooth, hilly singletrack out here.
View attachment 861857 View attachment 861858 View attachment 861859

Everyone please feel free to post in my thread. Love to see what you guys do for hobbies (or whatever) and hear your thoughts.

Just my plants alone will get boring.
Where are the clip in pedals?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Sorry I havent been keeping up on my thread. Been lazy about documenting since my back injury.

We harvested the OG Kush x Trainwreck tonight. She is a bunch of spaghetti with buds attached. I think i pinched and bent and then supported every branch.

Its worth it. This is primo smoke.

FD6A948F 65B4 4500 AFA4 D9611BE33B11
D8B512FC 6098 4B12 A188 0C2880E15F54
A8269E10 8980 4A11 992D 2E9B251BEA9F
1B4461B3 F492 4E81 BB42 C453327E3D67

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom