• Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

mornin, fellas!
med... nice to c u. sorry to interrupt.
u guys know his medium.
got time to help me with em? u guys have probably grown Agold... i haven't so i dunno how the structure of its healthy leaves should look.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

I have read that foliar feeding really is best for micro nutes for absorption.

But if you foliar you lost your control on root feeding. One thing at a time bud.
dreams of diesel reminded me, when it occurred to adjust a cmag issue more quickly that... I'm in flower and I'll wreck my usability of trim leaf, if not hittin bud, with overspray... so aqua, if ur gonna kief the leaf, or something... don't forget... it's y i haven't used foliar in at least 5yrs, if not a decade. I'd seen someone mention it in triage and got all, "AHAAA!", excited...; for NOTHING!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

dreams of diesel reminded me, when it occurred to adjust a cmag issue more quickly that... I'm in flower and I'll wreck my usability of trim leaf, if not hittin bud, with overspray... so aqua, if ur gonna kief the leaf, or something... don't forget... it's y i haven't used foliar in at least 5yrs, if not a decade. I'd seen someone mention it in triage and got all, "AHAAA!", excited...; for NOTHING!

I have never sprayed anything in my rooms or tents. And i hope to never need to.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

[pulling hair out... punching self's testes]

ummm... i have a question for the traitor in the midst.
aquaman... ummm... wtf! r we reinventing the wheel: learning to kill in a new to us medium? turncoat! i used to compare to zealot mediums, on ytube, when i switched to aero and without vegin in the bigtop... i tripled that fuk seedtostoned... in experience and weight. he'd get like 70gr per and I'm looking at quarter and half pound gals, regardless of strain. makes me want to try an og in the near future... c if i can do same with known, skinny chix.

may as well reenter, as dirtman... 🤪

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

[pulling hair out... punching self's testes]

ummm... i have a question for the traitor in the midst.
aquaman... ummm... wtf! r we reinventing the wheel: learning to kill in a new to us medium? turncoat! i used to compare to zealot mediums, on ytube, when i switched to aero and without vegin in the bigtop... i tripled that fuk seedtostoned... in experience and weight. he'd get like 70gr per and I'm looking at quarter and half pound gals, regardless of strain. makes me want to try an og in the near future... c if i can do same with known, skinny chix.

may as well reenter, as dirtman... 🤪
Hahaha ur right bro... I'm over thinking it,

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Just the P source is what i mean. I guess using the microbes and enzymes it may be not so much of an issues though in terms of retaining it in the soil

The cec of the medium will hold the nutrients fine regardless and the microbes will appear under healthy conditions regardless.

I will say it again my friend. Cant micromanage potting soil.

I got back a low ph on a healthy plant yesterday. A teenager drinking once a week in a 1 gallon pot still.

Her runoff was close to 5 ph. The mix i put in was at 6.2.

I guess i would adjust immediately in hydro but in soil water doesnt change the ph of the medium. Nutes or ph adjusters over time do.

So i get to wait til next week or so to give the small plant water only unadjusted to clear out the excess nutes likely acidifying the soil and to add a bit of calcium to help raise the ph back up. And let the lime work without nutes and ph down working against it.

Also may be a sign i do not need to add any ph down. Or less. Its the protect that is making me thinking need it.

Point is. I can do something about it next week. Flushing or whatever will only slow things down.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

The cec of the medium will hold the nutrients fine regardless and the microbes will appear under healthy conditions regardless.

I got back a low ph on a healthy plant yesterday. A teenager drinking once a week in a 1 gallon pot still.

I guess i would adjust immediately in hydro but in soil water doesnt change the ph of the medium. Nutes or ph adjusters over time do.

So i get to wait til next week or so to give the small plant water only unadjusted to clear out the excess nutes likely acidifying the soil and to add a bit of calcium to help raise the ph back up. And let the lime work without nutes and ph down working against it.

Also may be a sign i do not need to add any ph down. Or less. Its the protect that is making me thinking need it.

Point is. I can do something about it next week. Flushing or whatever will only slow things down.
appreciate the edification

i did not know this

Screenshot 20200528 074848 Chrome
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hey MiMed, the way the dyna gro CEO explained it is exactly how it was explained to me by my buddy. The p spike before flower and during stretch triggers a much more rapid onset of flowering than photoperiod alone. But unless you want premature ripening you need to dial that P back down after stretch and really ease up on nutrients overall.
FWIW, my bud takes all his stuff out to 9 or 10 weeks using this method. His plants dont ripen prematurely. And mine dont seem to be either. Though they are getting a whole lot bigger than usual.

Burnzy, Crop steering is manipulating environmental conditions to cause the plant to react in a favorable way. It can be the p spike before flower, the 24 hrs of darkness at flip, letting the media get a little extra dry near the end of stretch, temperature drop hardening off at the end of stretch... There are quite a few things you can tweak to manipulate this plant, and steer it in the direction you want it to go.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Gonna drop in an un-asked for 2 cents and question.

As mentioned I was doing what DB is doing as posted in his thread starting off with bloom 1 week prior to flip and again end of weeks 1 & 3 and I let them ride after that no nutes just water with 1 epsom salt feed in the middle. Used my Foundation start of week 7 (day 42) with a 2-1-1 ratio high in calcium and doing a bloom feed 1/2 strength start of week 8 (day 49) with straight water till end.

I guess my question or comment is do you guys think that the higher calcium mix I am using, or higher calcium in general close to the end will facilitate the plant using more of the bloom feed in those last couple of critical weeks of swelling at the end or would it have been better to use just the normal grow nutrients (I use the Uprise line) with out the higher calcium. Was really worried about too much N and the plant not being able to burn it all before harvest.

The plants are going 9-10 weeks

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Gonna drop in an un-asked for 2 cents and question.

As mentioned I was doing what DB is doing as posted in his thread starting off with bloom 1 week prior to flip and again end of weeks 1 & 3 and I let them ride after that no nutes just water with 1 epsom salt feed in the middle. Used my Foundation start of week 7 (day 42) with a 2-1-1 ratio high in calcium and doing a bloom feed 1/2 strength start of week 8 (day 49) with straight water till end.

I guess my question or comment is do you guys think that the higher calcium mix I am using, or higher calcium in general close to the end will facilitate the plant using more of the bloom feed in those last couple of critical weeks of swelling at the end or would it have been better to use just the normal grow nutrients (I use the Uprise line) with out the higher calcium. Was really worried about too much N and the plant not being able to burn it all before harvest.

The plants are going 9-10 weeks

Calcium assists with uptake and processing of some other nutrients but it wont aid uptake of P or K, both can actually inhibit uptake of Ca. You should be using Ca but not so much that it locks up P, K and Ca. You need to keep it balanced and just reduce overall ppm.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Calcium assists with uptake and processing of some other nutrients but it wont aid uptake of P or K, both can actually inhibit uptake of Ca. You should be using Ca but not so much that it locks up P, K and Ca. You need to keep it balanced and just reduce overall ppm.
Forgot that excess Cal blocks P. Thanks man, too late now adjust next grow

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Yall are freaking geniuses, when I start playing with nutes later this year (narrowing down strains & getting feel for leds at the moment) I'm gonna be asking for advice. I've run hard stuff successfully but I can always improve methods & my only real experience is with GH. Maybe I'll even buy a meter lol

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Just the P source is what i mean. I guess using the microbes and enzymes it may be not so much of an issues though in terms of retaining it in the soil
me ,nope on the foiler spray,nope burnt a whole crop with some one time ,i seen the stuff your gonna try ,looks great never seen the microbe raw ,id stick to just feeding soil mate,just my opinion

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

it just might mend itself too,flushing in soil is the worst idea ,in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom