Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Well that's why I'm second-guessing myself because I am still watching for thrips and it's conceivable they're not all gone yet especially now that I've read that the lava can live in the soil, and I hope it was a thrip, believe me, but this right here is what I saw, 100% positive that this was exactly the shape and virtually the same color as what I saw, what I saw didn't have any of those ridges on the abdomen like the thrip lava do but it wasn't bulbous either, it look just like what I've circled in these pictures whatever the hell that actually is I wish I could have located it when I had the camera in my hand

Screenshot 20201013 225415 Photo Editor

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well that's why I'm second-guessing myself because I am still watching for thrips and it's conceivable they're not all gone yet especially now that I've read that the lava can live in the soil, and I hope it was a thrip, believe me, but this right here is what I saw, 100% positive that this was exactly the shape and virtually the same color as what I saw, what I saw didn't have any of those ridges on the abdomen like the thrip lava do but it wasn't bulbous either it look just like what I've circled in these pictures whatever the hell that actually is I so wish I could have located it when I had the camera in my hand

View attachment 1043484

I couldnt tell the thrip from the aphid from that pic. But thats about what i saw crawling up out of the pots in addition to winged ones seeming to sprout wings and fly out of the runoff or drain hole.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I can't tell either right now, I'm more confused now than when I went to sleep two hours ago LOL

I gotta check what's left of my brain out of this for now but I'm still very interested in it & unfortunately I'll be thinking about it in the morning
😟 🔫🐒

Your flyer Edit: to me the body of your flyer looks like the body of the root aphid in that comparison picture to me
Screenshot 20201013 225037 Chrome

Screenshot 20201013 231340 Chrome

These were my last flyers I haven't had even one fresh flyer on designated yellow stickies in over a month
Screenshot 20201013 231039 Chrome

Screenshot 20201013 231045 Chrome

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm not a bug guy but something as pita as these sound i think I would want to have something that just keeps working.

I have heard with nematodes and rove beetles they stick around till the job is done and harmless to the grow.

There is a certain place to get the nematodes but I don't remember.

If anyone can chime in on them as to why or why not just for my info would be awesome.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I'm not a bug guy but something as pita as these sound i think I would want to have something that just keeps working.

I have heard with nematodes and rove beetles they stick around till the job is done and harmless to the grow.

There is a certain place to get the nematodes but I don't remember.

If anyone can chime in on them as to why or why not just for my info would be awesome.

This is what I have in my Amazon cart
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B012TZUK30/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_4?smid=A1WMQPAGZ5642Q&psc=1

At this point I'm leaning more towards buying these than chemicals

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
well spawned everything today with A.cucumeris, N. californicus, P. persimilis. and A. swirskii. and some more ladybugs. I used a multiple prong approach to this problem. But I am going to try this pure crop 1 stuff.

$65 for a 16 oz bottle, I must be insane.

IMG 20201013 151648
Capture4646
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Alright. I drenched the 4 flowering plants with another 2 tbsp./ gal. Botanigard, 3ml protekt and 5 ml foliage pro.

All have premature yellowing and some lowest leaf mag striping.

And all are greening up already.

No signs of bugs or movement during the second two plants watering just now.

B1AC8EEB AE26 4451 9D61 858659353D04

Here is the worst plant.

67FA1D57 57B9 40C8 A50E 9CBE550E9791

And some others

A5B54212 F981 411B 9BF6 741F05534DC5

28742CA2 8BFE 4B74 8931 A53CFC462423

I tried raising the ec last time bit had clawing and tips so we will stick with the 1.2 mix for now.

chemistry

chemistry

The worst plant looks like its trying to finish flower, but its a bit early, pushing up the ppm's is what I would have done, but if that didn't work, then I might be taking a squint at my PH meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom