• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
It may have been 25 years since i played before today. But i still liked playing. Just hard to pay attention to that sort of thing for me.
I smoke a couple J's at a time now then a large double cup of coffee and play...some days all day if I'm on a good streak...other days same smoke same coffee 2 losing games in a row I'm done for a while but back at it after a bit and another couple smokes...funny no games today...usually 10 -12 ++ in the winter not much come Spring, Summer, Fall.

chemistry

chemistry

It may have been 25 years since i played before today. But i still liked playing. Just hard to pay attention to that sort of thing for me.

I'm the same, I have the patience to teach people chess, but like you, it takes to long these days, and my lack of focus leaves me to get beaten half way through a game, plus I like to let kids win, and this is not a quick or easy task. lol

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Veg tent this morning. The seedling and 2 larger plants up front were watered with my unadjusted .3 ec (150 ppm) 8.0 ph well water last night. Runoff ph of with ocean forest was about 6.5 ph. It always is if managed properly.

I mention this because so many post about ro and distilled water when their tap water is fine for growing.

6BF9D64C 3409 42F8 A737 88E3650C90B6
2DDCFEFB 09FC 4C5A 9464 A43AB52B230D

(Rare anymore pic of t-5 ho fluorescent lamps)

There are 10 2’ tubes in there for about 250 watts. I keep the light about 8” to 10” over the plants. I like to see the leaves all flat and happy like they are now. They are growing fast.

Now mine does have a bit too much soluble iron. I bought a britta style sink faucet filter but i dont think i need to use it for plant water. Just water with a little extra runoff to help wash away excess buildup.

every grower should know their source water content before every other decision.

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Veg tent this morning. The seedling and 2 larger plants up front were watered with my unadjusted .3 ec (150 ppm) 8.0 ph well water last night. Runoff ph of with ocean forest was about 6.5 ph. It always is if managed properly.

I mention this because so many post about ro and distilled water when their tap water is fine for growing.

View attachment 1098311View attachment 1098312
(Rare anymore pic of t-5 ho fluorescent lamps. There are 10 2’ tubes in there for about 250 watts. I keep the light about 8” to 10” over the plants. I like to see the leaves all flat and happy like they are now. They are growing fast.

Now mine does have a bit too much soluble iron. I bought a britta style sink faucet filter but i dont think i need to use it for plant water. Just water with a little extra runoff to help wash away excess buildup.

every grower should know their source water content before every other decision.
I like the T5's I have 6 - 4ft over them and 1 4ft I use for side lighting about 3 ft off their floor when they get tall enough to use it. I can switch off 2 or 4 of the 6 If I don't need so much light for clones or very young plants

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I like the T5's I have 6 - 4ft over them and 1 4ft I use for side lighting about 3 ft off their floor when they get tall enough to use it. I can switch off 2 or 4 of the 6 If I don't need so much light for clones or very young plants

I was going to buy the hlg 135 board kit and switch as my bulbs were old but i bought new ge t-5 ho 6500k flourescents from 1000 bulbs dot com for only about $3.50 each. The crappy hydrofarm rebranded sun something bulbs were almost $8.

So i will run light bulbs another year. I teplaced my hps lamps with new hortilux 600’s. They are 75 shipped at grow green michigan. Only $10 more than i was paying pre flu. Everywhere else they want $100 or more.

1000’s are even cheaper. Check out grow green michigan for deals. They buy volume and blow it right out cheap. The $1400 gavita bar lamp was just 899. And the gavita 750 flex de complete lamp was only $250. Nute deals too. 3 gallons of kind trio for $58. Not $50 each.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

One of my hyper fan 6’ started making a bearing noise and now doesnt turn on every time so i tried to buy another. I know i mentioned this before.

well they cost me $135 shipped when i bought them over 6 years ago and now they are $220 shipped.

So i went with the old standby green active air fans and their speed controllers. Got 2 fans with the controllers for the less than the one hyper fan.

and Amazon got them here in 3 days.

17DA658D 9540 40D3 B0D0 4B354790A403

Moshmen

Moshmen

One of my hyper fan 6’ started making a bearing noise and now doesnt turn on every time so i tried to buy another. I know i mentioned this before.

well they cost me $135 shipped when i bought them over 6 years ago and now they are $220 shipped.

So i went with the old standby green active air fans and their speed controllers. Got 2 fans with the controllers for the less than the one hyper fan.

and Amazon got them here in 3 days.

View attachment 1099476
I was looking at active air as well, hard to beat the price! - what about noise ? How would you rate them on say a 0-5 scale with 5 being too loud to talk , ?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I was looking at active air as well, hard to beat the price! - what about noise ? How would you rate them on say a 0-5 scale with 5 being too loud to talk , ?

i dont know how to rate them. The green fans are heavy steel and mostly have only the whoosh of air sound so pretty quiet when on lower speeds. But too low causes the controller buzz i cant stand to hear.

the mixed flow style hyper fan seems to have less whoosh but more mechanical noise. Probably because of the thin aluminum housing and small size.

on med to low neither bothers me from the other rooms but on high can hear them clearly. But in summer we have window a/c going so i dont really notice.

Hope any of this helps. I have only had these 2 kinds so dont know how to rate on a scale.

i did use a duct silencer before at the trailer park and it helped quiet the exhaust out the window so you couldnt hear it at the next house.

Moshmen

Moshmen

i dont know how to rate them. The green fans are heavy steel and mostly have only the whoosh of air sound so pretty quiet when on lower speeds. But too low causes the controller buzz i cant stand to hear.

the mixed flow style hyper fan seems to have less whoosh but more mechanical noise. Probably because of the thin aluminum housing and small size.

on med to low neither bothers me from the other rooms but on high can hear them clearly. But in summer we have window a/c going so i dont really notice.

Hope any of this helps. I have only had these 2 kinds so dont know how to rate on a scale.

i did use a duct silencer before at the trailer park and it helped quiet the exhaust out the window so you couldnt hear it at the next house.
Sounds good - I’ve only ever used a no name Chinese brand before- noisy as hell just lookin to replace a couple as well think I’m gonna give em a go ! Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom