Mini me clone idea

• Thread starter dire wolf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bunkerking

bunkerking

Still alive, should make it. It's just super fragile and barely hanging on.

IMG 20200131 094232
dire wolf

dire wolf

Yea me too 😆 maybe we bit off more than we can chew !!
Might have to agree to shut down competition , we see in 5 more days !
Your still in the lead 😊

Stkyfngaz

Stkyfngaz

Don't stop now, you're definitely on to something. I clone anything with a growth tip, no matter the size.
I would love to join in, but already broke the rules. I have a mini clone from a pre-sexed jelly pie seedling that I've been vegging for at least 2 months. My plan was to wait til after my vacay this week to flower. My seedling has Woody bark all the way up it's bonsai style stems. To preserve all of my ready to go plants I cloned all of em, since they take care of themselves for the first couple of weeks.
But back in topic, the only way to clone was for me to take from the tips of the branches. This gave me lots of mini clones, also to mention it's not the first time I've had to do it this way. All other times I had great success. So yes hang in there you guys, they'll give you fruits.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey stky, yea , was going to shut it down , im not inexperiencedin the clone bisiness , i usually make 150 every 2 monts , and thats been 20 years ....+ clones for friends

Only hicchup here is that i went beyond reason , i mean some of my cuts , well all are made from a clone thats growing under some weak t 5 so becides not neing made from strong stable plants. I gave myself a bigger challengs

The cuts had to be made from the very bottom shoot , these shoots are not hard , they are something like thick dental floss, and the sizes are like miiilimetrs, like it looks like a quarter to 1/2 inch size , the damn things llooked like just a leaf poking out of a hole

ii saw my buddy do it, but he had them in high humidity, i live it dry winter at this momennt , so its a constant juggle between very dry air circulation and humidity tent

The damn things are too fragle , lying horizontal , i was ready to give up or give bunkerking the win , but yesterday , i think day 3 , our relentless cannabis perked up after the first three days of sever trauma,,,

Days 4 thru 8 just might pop a root ....? I have to leave them alone or with a friend saturday for a week,
Im sure if i can give them the crital care they been getting , then we will see something really amazing , at least something ive never seen before,

Only hitch is i have to leave them alone for a week start sat , im going to have a friend follow my instructions to keep em going, but that rarely works ,im gonna post some pics around wednesday, and re assess........
And im going to check in with my teamate bunkerking....

Maybe in the spring we can invite more partisipants and make a more formal set of rules with a real prize !

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

Don't stop now, you're definitely on to something. I clone anything with a growth tip, no matter the size.
I would love to join in, but already broke the rules. I have a mini clone from a pre-sexed jelly pie seedling that I've been vegging for at least 2 months. My plan was to wait til after my vacay this week to flower. My seedling has Woody bark all the way up it's bonsai style stems. To preserve all of my ready to go plants I cloned all of em, since they take care of themselves for the first couple of weeks.
But back in topic, the only way to clone was for me to take from the tips of the branches. This gave me lots of mini clones, also to mention it's not the first time I've had to do it this way. All other times I had great success. So yes hang in there you guys, they'll give you fruits.
Our rule say we have to cut the first shoot at base , from connecting to stem , not the better quality tip
It had to be mini , no longer tha 2 inches, 1 more rule ,and cut off plant at very base, it was difficult , but i think we are all on the same track ,well come up with another goofy competition ,soon ......

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

At day seven , tiny dudes are hanging in there like champs , some so tiny the must be measured in millimeters , think i got around 20 going,

Leaf color is good , previous bending has gotten rigid and upright, lost a few leaves to yellowing , cut em off,

They havent left the humid dome yet , because of the unreasonable dry air , which will suck the life out of em

So following my original plan, the domes are opened for about an hour to 3 hours alternately thru the day , the goal being to "strong" them up , they are responding by incriments...so its been a week ,starting tomorrow im going to give em tough love...more open air time , just hope the fragil babies wont die in the dry heat, best scenario, they tough up , get the message, and start shooting some roots by day 10.

Today is wednesday, they have to produce by saturday, so i looking at 4 days to do it, otherwise they will be left unattended for a week ,left in a tray half full of water under a t5, could come home a week later to find them fully rooted or just dry and dead .............well we will see, pics coming

KLight03

KLight03

Hey guys,
Staring at my growing clones , most of them at about 14 inchess now, so i guess thats what shops sell as "teens" ? I have no idea...

So i decided to challenge myself to a "mini me" clone attempt....
What if i had to bug out and there was no room in my bag ? What if i had to leave town in a hurry ?

What if i had to depend on someone else to snatch a twig off my precious east coast sour diesel mom , because say i was laid up in the hospital ?

Or ???? Just for the hell of trying something new . I recently saw a friend with a rather large "clone only " collection, he's short on space like most of us , (i garden in my bedroom ) , so he's got everything "bonsai" style...

I looked down on the floor and saw lots of tiny little clones in trays , i swear some were so small i asked him if he was trying to clone a "leaf" .? It looked nuts , but he showed me little tiny roots, and a year later , im thinking, i got nothing to do at midnight....im gonna try this...

Probably going to use only first growth up from dirt......

So my competition starts tonight at midnighg ! Anyone and everyone is invited to compete ( smallest cut,grows roots) just kidding about the competition...but imma do it !
This is going to be fascinating.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey guys , Day 8 has arrived , and by now i would expect most "normal " clone efforts to begin some sign of rooting , wether it be tiny root hairs popping out of my rapid rooters or , the ability to withstand open environment temps and closer proximity to light...

But the mini bunch , they are a different story , still shy of light and air , i've got these guys under the dome 80 % of thr day , no molds or problems yet , , well actually nothing other than their morning " stand up and salute the sun " routine, which is a good thing , that tells me they are quite alive and active and follow their primitave ritual

The plan now , is to increase open air time , which will trigger more stress and the message to survive , and to wait patiently another 4 days till i have to leave them in the hands of some friends for a week

I havent had luck leaving plants to babysitters , over the years ive found they do better alone instead of being "over loved to death " by well meaning strangers...

So iif i leave them alone, its going to be in a tray of water , which in itself will be a bad move, but i might have no other choice....

If they die , im going to re start my personl mission in warmer weather and a more focused effort 🤗

20200205 070530
bunkerking

bunkerking

Jan 29th and today. She finally swelled up. Just needs a bit more time due to cold temps. I think the streching of the cell walls helps alot with allowing new roots to kick out.

IMG 20200129 105019
IMG 20200205 172447
bunkerking

bunkerking

@1diesel1 this is the method I was telling you about for your hard to root cutting. It will swell and should hopefully root.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Thanks, I’ll give it a shot!

Ed actually puts them in a tray and leaves an inch of standing water. Changes it out every few days. Didnt really like that idea, so I just water daily. Been the best method for me. Maybe not the quickest, but great success rate.

Stkyfngaz

Stkyfngaz

I havent had luck leaving plants to babysitters , over the years ive found they do better alone instead of being "over loved to death " by well meaning strangers...
Omw out of town for a few days as well, my babies have to watch themselves. Every babysitter I've ever had does the same BS. I'm hoping for better luck with keeping a few strains alive, it's up to the mini's to carry on and one day offer clones of themselves before they get to flower cab !

Still watching your progress too, sending positive vibes your way.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Omw out of town for a few days as well, my babies have to watch themselves. Every babysitter I've ever had does the same BS. I'm hoping for better luck with keeping a few strains alive, it's up to the mini's to carry on and one day offer clones of themselves before they get to flower cab !

Still watching your progress too, sending positive vibes your way.
Hey stky , funny
You have no idea , i've kept various cuts / plants alive for 20 years....
Been through every baby sitting scenario you can imagine....
Heres a good one that comes to mind
Funny story , i was growing in a box with my dad about 10 years ago , just before gorilla boxes etc started out on the market , and even if they were available , we were probably too cheap to buy one....
So every grow would begin with a new box build , drag him to home d , and cut boards do some knuckle head rig , hang , vent , cut holes etc , we always used HID hot ligjts so we needed to do the necessary venting etc..

We had a bunch of great grows going and i thought my 80 year old dad had it figured out , but it always turned out , like oh i forgot to open the door , yea the inline fan was bothering me so i shut it , oh yea the tv was on past midnight , i forgot to close the door....always some fuck up..

So i need to go away for a week , and i decide to just leave him with a prize winning clone collection , like sensi star , sour diesel , a great sagamartha blueberry , etc

My dad had this crazy habit of getting stoned at night and for recreation he would sit in the kitchen watching tv , he had a little roach problem , like cocaroach , and to entertain himself he would take a spray mister bottle from home depot and shoot the roaches with a long stream shot of bottled ammonia....

It was really bugging me , hed get stoned and go roach hunting then start shooting this shit all over the place....

So i leave him for a week and when i get back all of the clones are fried , more than 3/4 dead , like symptoms ivr never seen , and im scratching my head and yelling , what the fuck , and im twisting and turning em and looking at them , and i look at my dad and i say " what the hell did you do "? Then i look at my high tech mister on the floor next to his ammonia death sprayer, and he looks like the cat that ate the canary , and he says , ugh uummm, i think , maybe i was watering, spraying the clones / plants with ammonia ....for a while , i freaked out thats exactly what he did ....
I revived em , took 3 weeks , but i learned two things
There are no acceptable babysitters , and cannabis is one tough mo fo plant....

Stkyfngaz

Stkyfngaz

Hey stky , funny
You have no idea , i've kept various cuts / plants alive for 20 years....
Been through every baby sitting scenario you can imagine....
Heres a good one that comes to mind
Funny story , i was growing in a box with my dad about 10 years ago , just before gorilla boxes etc started out on the market , and even if they were available , we were probably too cheap to buy one....
So every grow would begin with a new box build , drag him to home d , and cut boards do some knuckle head rig , hang , vent , cut holes etc , we always used HID hot ligjts so we needed to do the necessary venting etc..

We had a bunch of great grows going and i thought my 80 year old dad had it figured out , but it always turned out , like oh i forgot to open the door , yea the inline fan was bothering me so i shut it , oh yea the tv was on past midnight , i forgot to close the door....always some fuck up..

So i need to go away for a week , and i decide to just leave him with a prize winning clone collection , like sensi star , sour diesel , a great sagamartha blueberry , etc

My dad had this crazy habit of getting stoned at night and for recreation he would sit in the kitchen watching tv , he had a little roach problem , like cocaroach , and to entertain himself he would take a spray mister bottle from home depot and shoot the roaches with a long stream shot of bottled ammonia....

It was really bugging me , hed get stoned and go roach hunting then start shooting this shit all over the place....

So i leave him for a week and when i get back all of the clones are fried , more than 3/4 dead , like symptoms ivr never seen , and im scratching my head and yelling , what the fuck , and im twisting and turning em and looking at them , and i look at my dad and i say " what the hell did you do "? Then i look at my high tech mister on the floor next to his ammonia death sprayer, and he looks like the cat that ate the canary , and he says , ugh uummm, i think , maybe i was watering, spraying the clones / plants with ammonia ....for a while , i freaked out thats exactly what he did ....
I revived em , took 3 weeks , but i learned two things
There are no acceptable babysitters , and cannabis is one tough mo fo plant....
Truly is a funny story, I like the part where you were able to save em.
And your right cannabis is a tough bit**h, after all it's just a weed. Funny thing is all the weed killer bigwigs produce synthetics to feed weed .....

Top Bottom