MK Ultra femmed - herm :(

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

badASStian

ok so a buddy of mine gave me one mk-ultra seed from THSeeds,probably the shortest plant ive ever tried beside lowrider,i grew it in a 3 gallon pot it grew into a beautifull 3 foot tall female.i dont see how someone could hate on this cannabis. really thick solid buds that were allmost pure cristals it seemed! onestly one of my top five favorits,ever!!!!

K

Kaybee

Been reading these forums for a good while, just became a member. Hello everyone. I signed up to comment on this thread.

I used to do very well with THSeeds and they were one of my favorite. However I have not bought any of their seeds in recent years. I found this thread and I'm surprised a bit, but not totally. THSeeds used to (and I believe probably still do) make dank ganja seeds. I have extensive experience with Sage & Sour which we ended up cloning because it was so delicious and potent. I've smoked most of their strains, and with varying potency, even the HOG was a strong indica. I have noticed one thing in the past few years. Every picture I see of THSeeds plants (that they are growing for the cup, medicinal, etc) are very wimpy yielding nowdays to what we used to get.

My main thing about my post is to point out something (the truth IMHO) about feminized seeds. Back when I started growing there was no such thing. It was possible to make them yourself but they didn't sell them commercially. When feminized seeds came out, there were and still are two camps out there. One camp believes this is a great thing as it encourages easier growth and more yield for the money. The other camp, of which I believe strongly, from the beginning knew offering femenized seeds would eventually cause large problems and taint the seed stocks.
Feminized seeds are made the same way every time. There really in my knowledge is no other way to do it intentionally. A chosen female has STS applied to it and it hermies (grows male flowers with the female flowers). As it self pollinates itself, all the seeds are female. This is a genetic thing. Breeders should then take those seeds and grow them out for testing purposes, and reproduce the female seeds from there.
The problem with this, is IT ISN'T NATURAL. We all know the effects of incest in humanity, it can cause serious problems. The same thing happens with cannabis seeds. Unless the company has done some serious testing on their female seeds stock, they shouldn't be selling them. Even if you DO test them, there is a distinct natural chance that the 'female' seeds you bought will contain some hermies. This is the end BAD result of feminized seeds. The entire feminized seed stock from many companies has increased the chances of hermies for everyone. What's worse is if feminized seeds get accidentally mixed in with regular seeds, they tend to sell them anyway.

I have tested feminized seeds from many companies with varying success. Most produced SOME herms. I prefer not having that. Keep in mind there is no such thing as a female seed. That's why they call them feminized seeds. It was a regular good mother that got self pollinated by a man made chemical. They are feminized by process, but not guaranteed female.

For any purpose, including commercial, personal stash, large or small, one should want a STABLE female mother. If you want to stay away from almost guaranteed hermies in your batch to a chance of none, buy REGULAR seeds. These are bred in line with nature, and you will have some solid females, some solid males, and a chance of a natural hermie. The solid females should represent the line very well and in THSeeds case should be very potent. I cannot speak for THSeeds current practices. Introducing feminized seeds into the market has caused this type of problem. Grow regular seeds, not feminized, and pick a solid female. Make seeds or clone it from there. Feminized seeds will continue to cripple the seed community. BTW, if done improperly, your potency can be affected as can yield. If you want a true representation of your line, get regular seeds. Our wonderful Sage & Sour from few years back was cloned and never had 1 nanner.

Also remember people, when you buy seeds, they can hermie from stress. A seed grow should be very stress free unless you have a hermie free line.

Knowing this, some breeders DO NOT offer feminized seeds even though they can rake in the money doing so. They are true to the line and make excellent product. I have grown and recommend anything by subcool as his lines for the most part are based on hermie resistant genetics, many from Brothers Grimm. I recommend BG strains as very hermie resistant, esp C99, Apollo's. Or try some regular DNA product which I believe are responsibly dealt with seperately from the feminized.

I'd like to quote something interesting from The Best of High Times, I think this is the 2009 Ganja Guide, but my cover is missing. Page 94, interview with THSeeds:
"Similar in philosophy to Delta-9 Labs and differing greatly from DNA Genetics, THSeeds have been against the feminization of seeds in order to keep the cannabis gene pool pure and natural."

What happened guys? Either you fell into the love of money or your seeds were ACCIDENTALLY feminized so you decided to sell them. Why go against such a strong belief? CIA/KGB you used to be my fav... WTF?

Perhaps Delta-9 Labs is the way to go?

No matter what seed co or breeder you choose, order REGULAR. There is no easy way around it.

redman420

redman420

that sucks ,I have a pack of mk-ultra femz and now im scared to try them!! Fuck i should have just bought regulars,are you sure you have no light leaks that could make them hermie??

B

Bruno

I was thinking of MK Ultra for my winter grow . I buy feminized seeds because I don't have the space to grow out ten plants hoping for a female .
I want to find something that strong enough to over come my chronic nerve pain .
Have to think about this now . Got burned using Sannie's Uber Kush . Can't afford those kind of mistakes .

M

mr.stankydank

mk ultra from attitude

i think i must be one of those unlucky customers, the so called 1 in a million, make long story short. bought femed 5 pack of mk ultra from th seeds.service was great ,seeds were shit. they came in breeder pack, but they were tiny, and three were pale yellow side. didnot want anymore delay so tried to pop the two good beans , only one popped after a week, little runt plant took forever to grow got it big enough to clone for more moms and a bunch to flower. fliped the clones , 5 weeks into it it hermed...........i was fukin deflated ,mad for like a week , all the time and effort for nada.. oh yes a lesson was learned,fuck th seeds.....there was a couple freebie seeds with order , green triangle,jack and grapefruit krush...fems.. grew it out ,the jack was actually damn good ,real sugary , started resining up in first two weeks of flip. low yeild not good for sog.but killer , grapefruit krush was like bc commercial bud, no thanks not my thing. the free seeds were better then the ones i paid for...i heard so much about th seeds just to be dissapointed, i will not ever buy again,from th, how many chances do people need, all they had to do was sell me 5 viable seeds, cant be that hard . is itit.?:sign0065::banana1sv6::sign0065:

S

stonedstoner

does anyone go to pcc on telegraph in berkeley? they have some mk ultra that will blow your mind! it's so good. some of the dankest herb i've ever smoked. it smells, tastes a lot like og kush. there is definitely og kush in it. anyone else had pcc's mk ultra? i asked the owner of the club if he knows if it's thseeds mk, but he did not know.

Top Bottom