MMJ jobs??

• Thread starter Lunchbox627
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lunchbox627

Lunchbox627

Im from the east coast and am trying to move out this spring. I looked into the marijuana employee badge and know the basics to that but once i get that is landing a job easy, or do retailers/dispensaries look for experience? Any info on landing into the job scene would be appreciated

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Great question all I heard is getting that employee badge is tuff but I don't have first hand experience but there's a thread on here somewhere about how much bullshit that put you through for that badge

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

It's crazy here to lottery for a lottery some shit about a stamp each time win lottery and you need Like five stamps it's a hassle but just another step toward a dream if it's a passion of yours

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

The badge is relatively easy to obtain, as long as you don't owe child support, back taxes, or any outstanding debt to gov't. It's a process; a large application and a nice fee (which does not even guarantee approval).
Here's the official requirements.

Now, in order to break in to the industry, you're going to have to know somebody, meet somebody, blow somebody, or beat somebody. Haha, it's not too hard if you are good at networking. Don't expect to get rich.

Lunchbox627

Lunchbox627

The badge is relatively easy to obtain, as long as you don't owe child support, back taxes, or any outstanding debt to gov't. It's a process; a large application and a nice fee (which does not even guarantee approval).

Now, in order to break in to the industry, you're going to have to know somebody, meet somebody, blow somebody, or beat somebody. Haha, it's not too hard if you are good at networking. Don't expect to get rich.

Thanks altitude for the input, networking is a strong point im not scared to ask questions, was told a long time ago the answer will always be no if you dont ask the question, and def not trying to get rich, just looking to be happy everyday i wake up to goto work. Do you know anyone in the industry?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Thanks for the feedback

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

. Do you know anyone in the industry?

Yes. I know tons of owners, budtenders, growers, etc... I set up and ran grows for mmcs for a couple years. My poor judgment in business partners soured me a little on the commercial side of things, but there are great folks out there. Man, it's definitely not hideous to break in, if you can get your badge and have a good personality. It's a little clique-ish, but easy to get in the clique if you bring something to the table. It's not hard to meet people, either. There are hydro shops and mmcs all over Colorado. You probably have seen posts from folks online who are on the front lines, commercially speaking, here in Colorado. Cruise the threads a little and send some respectful PMs. I don't mean to discourage anyone from trying. But I will warn ya, it won't be the "dream" job you are probably picturing. It's farming, with a hell of a lot extra hoops to jump thru.

K

kolah

MMJ workers come and go....and jobs are pretty easy to get. The hours are kinda sucky and you'll be lucky to get 8-10 bucks per hour. Take out taxes and see where you're at. You are also at risk for being raided. And your name is logged and attached to the MJ industry. If you ever have background checks it will pop up...which will exclude you from other job opportunities. I got offered a few budtender and trim jobs but decided not to go through the "legal" bullshit for little pay and shit hours....and it's nothing but a grunt job, really. It's kinda a fun way to play around with MJ, but not worth it because of the low pay..and privacy losses.

Black Lab

Black Lab

MMJ workers come and go....and jobs are pretty easy to get. The hours are kinda sucky and you'll be lucky to get 8-10 bucks per hour. Take out taxes and see where you're at. You are also at risk for being raided. And your name is logged and attached to the MJ industry. If you ever have background checks it will pop up...which will exclude you from other job opportunities. I got offered a few budtender and trim jobs but decided not to go through the "legal" bullshit for little pay and shit hours....and it's nothing but a grunt job, really. It's kinda a fun way to play around with MJ, but not worth it because of the low pay..and privacy losses.
That sounds like McJob style work. Low pay and not much opportunity. Might more sense to go to college and get a degree and earn more on your life journey. However, if you are entrepreneurial get your foot in the door and get going.

K

kolah

I agree BL..I think there is an initial luring excitement that you can handle and dispense weed and work with other weed loving people...but I would tend to think that attraction would quickly fade. ...especially after seeing how much profit you're boss is raking in. I think there is more opportunity, flexibility and profit in the underground markets and staying under the radar. ;)

One advantage would be to hook up with a place that grows in-house and be able to learn the ropes about growing techniques, etc.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
But for a retired guy like me, that has a small pension( i lose that if I work construction)
Tending bud would be great for me. Watering and taking care of the plants would be better. :)
I just want a job thats not going to test me for weed...lol

Hard to find a job when you cant pass a drug test:sour:

Latest posts

Top Bottom