MMJ jobs??

• Thread starter Lunchbox627
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

It's so close to time travel it seems futuristic like so much changing faster then I could believe and then we read a negative story in the paper and another innocent is incarcerated for the plant it's a martyrs rollercoaster

pimpmasterdlx

pimpmasterdlx

I need a job out in Colorado boulder/denver area. You know you guys wanna hire me:D I'll be out there in May just wondering how the job market (herb kind of job market) is? Once you get badged of course. Is there just tons of people flooding to Colorado now for "weed" jobs?

Last edited:
K

kolah

There has been quite a lot of peeps moving here...mostly because of MJ. And yes plenty of jobs in the potshops as workers come and go. ( shit pay, long hours, nights, weekends, etc)

IMO, budtender jobs do not pay enough to buy a home, rent a house or pay the bills. One very small step up from flipping burgers.... and instead you're flipping McBuds. Undergrounding it is better, IMO.

IMO and in these times 8-10 dollar jobs are poverty wages. 40 hour work week times 10 bucks equals 400 bucks, take out taxes and you may have 350 per week...which comes out to less than $20k per year. Welcome to AmeriKa, home of the brave slaves.

It's not all bad...at least we have cannabis to make our lives better.

Jarofunk

Jarofunk

Wow… I know ya'll love weed and everything, but goddamn, let me tell ya, this shit turns into a job just like anything else. The main reasons I got into growing (no boss, no coworkers, no rules) are no longer a reality. I still love herb, and get a kick out of growing it. And I've taken my skills to the next level given the amount of space/plants/strains I've been able to work with. The guys with the money will do everything they can to take advantage of your skills. I'm not the first one to make this rant on here, and I won't be the last. There are enough idiots out there that want to be part of this so bad that they will sell themselves out, just to be "part of the movement". Fuck that.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
No matter what job you want to pursue in the industry out here, it all starts with your MED badge..so without that or a desire to get it, your wasting your time even thinking about coming out here and getting a job in the industry...plenty of trimmer jobs but if you think a trimmer is ever goin to make $30-$50k a year your dreaming and why would it, you sit in a chair and trim a friggin weed..not exactly a skilled job. Most trimmers out here are either living in their parents basement or play 15 hours of video games a day so $10-12 bucks an hour is a major step up in income. If you want to be a grower, you start at the bottom and work your way up and even then you better know somebody or have a reference from a known commercial grow op..production operations and scale are a completely different animal than a basement and if your moving from a non med state, you just have no idea of the scale we are talkin about..the best basement growers I know, wouldn't make it a week in a full on production facility even though most think they would kill it and probably do at home, they think it is a just a bigger scale basement grow and how hard can that be...lol..silly rabbit

pimpmasterdlx

pimpmasterdlx

I fall into the live in my parents basement category. I just want to get my foot in the door. I've been growing for 10 years. Living in a non med state sucks, it would be great just to be around like minded people. I'm fine with $10 an hour. I don't expect to come to Colorado and get the growing job of my dreams. I just wanna be able to go to work and not worry about smelling like herb, lol

pimpmasterdlx

pimpmasterdlx

Hey TK, if you we're getting out of a non med state where would you go?

K

kolah

Pimpmaster, you will still have to worry about smelling like weed if you drive a vehicle. It's "legal" here in CO but it's not "legal" to drive. If a Pigfucker-oinkerboy smells weed on you he is going to search your car and blood test you. Goodbye drivers license and hello $30k in court fees.

pimpmasterdlx

pimpmasterdlx

I more just meant my boss smelling me. Thanks for the heads up kolah, I live In the south east so I'm used to hiding my stink,lol.

pimpmasterdlx

pimpmasterdlx

It's hard living in a place where your scared all the fucking time. Have no friends. And barely go outside of your home. The people that I know who went to Colorado never came back they just fuckn fell in love. It really sounds like a beautiful, fun, accepting place.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

There has been quite a lot of peeps moving here...mostly because of MJ. And yes plenty of jobs in the potshops as workers come and go. ( shit pay, long hours, nights, weekends, etc)

IMO, budtender jobs do not pay enough to buy a home, rent a house or pay the bills. One very small step up from flipping burgers.... and instead you're flipping McBuds. Undergrounding it is better, IMO.

IMO and in these times 8-10 dollar jobs are poverty wages. 40 hour work week times 10 bucks equals 400 bucks, take out taxes and you may have 350 per week...which comes out to less than $20k per year. Welcome to AmeriKa, home of the brave slaves.

It's not all bad...at least we have cannabis to make our lives better.

YES. In general, MMJ jobs truly suck. They are really fun and exciting for about 30 days, when you realize the BS you're putting up with, the risk you're taking (fed action), and the crap wages.
THAT SAID, an MMJ job is your absolute best way to network, aside from the Farm.

Top Bottom