MmJoy my grow with Me

• Thread starter MmJoyMJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MmJoyMJ

MmJoyMJ

Whew those seem kinda expensive. It's $2 each for 3 gal fabrics at the hydro store near me.

Yes , if I went in-store it'd cost me less.

These will come to my house with the calibration powder packets and I dont have to go drive around town.

I live in Arizona and there's a million people out driving around. 80% can't drive 10% have bad attitudes and guns. The other 10% drive too slow.

MmJoyMJ

MmJoyMJ

That’s awsome! Is that actually old? Or just made to look old?

It is old , I couldn't tell you exactly how old though. There isn't a published date on it that I've seen. The cover is split in half, so I've been scanning it page by page so I don't ruin it anymore.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Yes , if I went in-store it'd cost me less.

These will come to my house with the calibration powder packets and I dont have to go drive around town.

I live in Arizona and there's a million people out driving around. 80% can't drive 10% have bad attitudes and guns. The other 10% drive too slow.
And another 10% have the virus. 😂

MmJoyMJ

MmJoyMJ

I know its hard to plant at the soil line when its spindly and weak but dont do it!!!! The stem doesn't start growing roots it just chokes it and will rot eventually....Worry not those stalks will toughen up soon your about to hit rapid growth

Thanks for the advice!

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Ok. Watering will be tricky doing this but you will get it figured.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i got a light that said 600w from amazon, then found out in the small print that it is actually 92w. i got the new light in and wow, big difference. this is my first grow too, and my bag seed are 15 days old today. the good seeds are only 2 days old, so tiny! i am glad i have the bag seed, i can do things to them before trying it on the good ones, lol. i transplanted to a 1 gal and they are coming right along. since the good seeds are auto, ill run the light at 18/6 so if the bag seed are photo, they will just veg for a while, or they will hate me and die in protest.

keep the pictures coming! it is so great here, i learn a lot reading all these posts! keep up the good work!

MmJoyMJ

MmJoyMJ

i got a light that said 600w from amazon, then found out in the small print that it is actually 92w. i got the new light in and wow, big difference. this is my first grow too, and my bag seed are 15 days old today. the good seeds are only 2 days old, so tiny! i am glad i have the bag seed, i can do things to them before trying it on the good ones, lol. i transplanted to a 1 gal and they are coming right along. since the good seeds are auto, ill run the light at 18/6 so if the bag seed are photo, they will just veg for a while, or they will hate me and die in protest.

keep the pictures coming! it is so great here, i learn a lot reading all these posts! keep up the good work!

Darn the fine print! Always gets me 😅
When funds are tight it doesn't help.

To be honest I have no idea if these are auto's or photo, what I do know is I dont really want them to flower quickly. Is that not right? Do I want to flip fast?

I bought a Samsung A20 not long before sprouting these the Macro lens on it takes very nice pictures 👍

MmJoyMJ

MmJoyMJ

Milwaukee Mw102

When I was looking online 50$ was alot!

I searched around some local Buy Sell trade groups and found this one for sale( a block away from me) Yay! Super happy 😄 but now Very Anxious to test my ph. The packets I ordered will arrive tomorrow so I can "dick around"with it then ha!

*calibration packets guaranteed semen free*

20210303 221244
20210303 221357
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
(Tricky meaning, careful not to overwater large pots with plants with small root systems.)

Personally. I always burry the stems deeper with each transplant. Maybe an extra inch or 2 of that stem I would burry on those 3 gal pots.
they do root from stems, and you are space limited. When you water, don’t water around the stem, to keep disease at bay. keep the water around the rootball, slowly spreading out further with each watering.
This will encourage the roots to spread out in search of water.

Consider how much water your giving them now, you won’t increase by more than double or so with the transplant at first.

with more practice you will hear what the girls are telling you, watch closely

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Milwaukee Mw102

When I was looking online 50$ was alot!

I searched around some local Buy Sell trade groups and found this one for sale( a block away from me) Yay! Super happy 😄 but now Very Anxious to test my ph. The packets I ordered will arrive tomorrow so I can "dick around"with it then ha!

*calibration packets guaranteed semen free*

Thats a great meter. Are you keeping the probe wet? If not i'd recommend keeping it submerged in an acidic nutrient solution until you get some storage solution.
But if you find it's reading slow or not buffering, try cleaning the probe tip with a toothbrush and toothpaste and rinsing it really well in warm, not hot water. Then soak it for 24 hours in storage solution or ph 4 buffer solution before calibrating it. Often brings them back if they aren't too old and dried out. Also fresh batteries are important for an Instrument like that to function properly.

Happy testing!

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Oh damn, those probes sure gets expensive and easy to doof up I guess. You are better off learning this ph from the start off I think.

MmJoyMJ

MmJoyMJ

Thats a great meter. Are you keeping the probe wet? If not i'd recommend keeping it submerged in an acidic nutrient solution until you get some storage solution.
But if you find it's reading slow or not buffering, try cleaning the probe tip with a toothbrush and toothpaste and rinsing it really well in warm, not hot water. Then soak it for 24 hours in storage solution or ph 4 buffer solution before calibrating it. Often brings them back if they aren't too old and dried out. Also fresh batteries are important for an Instrument like that to function properly.

Happy testing!

Thanks!

I This probe was dry when I recieved it. There was crystallization around the glass probe but I gently wiped it off. I hope its fine. I watched the calibration video Milwaukee instruments made for this specific meter.

The fresh battery 😆

I had a 9volt in a radio my Grandpa just gave me.Dead.
The man had a battery in it when I picked it up. Tested it on my tongue ZAP its Good!

Homesteader

Homesteader

I think that book is a collectors item. Sounds like it is a book from Canada in the 70s. I wonder if your mom was a closet grower and this was her way of telling you? Looks like a fun read with all the sketches and drawings in it.

Last edited:
MmJoyMJ

MmJoyMJ

Oh damn, those probes sure gets expensive and easy to doof up I guess. You are better off learning this ph from the start off I think.

If using PH Perfect nutrients from what I was reading I dont want to ph the nutes, I think I am going to be just testing runoff or slurry. Its all a learning curve. I'm also a proud new owner with too much time on my hands!

MmJoyMJ

MmJoyMJ

I think that book is a collectors item. Sounds like it is a book from Canada in the 70s. I wonder if your mom was a closet grower and this was her way of telling you?

Definitely not a closet grower.

My mom and Dad used to grow before they Had my Twin sister and me. When we were growing up she had photo albums with pictures of their plants, some of the leaves they pressed and each other 😍

My dad died August 1990 , 1 month after we were born. Since I am now an adult maybe she will get involved!

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
samsung makes a great camera, and easy enough to use (which counts a lot to an old granny). sorry your dad passed, but kudos to your mom for raising you to be such a cool person!

i listen to my grandson and he really thinks his generation invented smoking pot, i keep telling him i will discuss it with him when he gets to the 1960s and 70s in history class. my 16 yo grandson is coming to see me for a week saturday. hes... well... very 16ish. but he likes me and we will go to gatlinburgh, so i cant lose there. sorry, off topic

the book is very cool, i checked on amazon:
Book

i always get excited about a books age and value when amazon doesnt have it, they have everything

Top Bottom