MmJoy my grow with Me

• Thread starter MmJoyMJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MmJoyMJ

MmJoyMJ

I've tried to get all leaves on #5 untucked.
For the most part its worked. These two plants kinda have a horseshoe effect happening.

Maybe since they are both near the closet door they aren't getting enough humidity. I'm going to rotate their positions in the closet hope that will help some.

20210308 115751
20210308 115751
20210308 115937
20210308 121334
MmJoyMJ

MmJoyMJ

Pests

I've been searching the underneath of the leaves on #5 and the leaves just look like the pictures. I'm not seeing any signs of any of the pests I've been reading about.

20210308 120106
20210308 122448
20210308 122506
20210308 122542
20210308 122559
20210308 122615
20210308 122624
Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

I did not do it myself before I read about it. And you are in Arizona? Warm climate with a lot of bugs I guess.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Yes, just 1 though.
Part of the day its behind the towel too add humidity and sometimes I just aim it at the wall to get circulation some strengthening of their stems.
Try putting another fan above the light pointing to exhaust but on the other side to where it blows all hot hair above the light area into the fan, if you have one under the light above the canopy but on the opposite wall the other ones on and facing the wall to try and disperse heat from the light and it should also create a nice gentle breeze in the grow area. Lol
Just a thought. Haha super baked dudes.

sportyridr

sportyridr

HOT climate 😆

To be honest, my biggest pest issue is tiny ants and thats down in the kitchen not Upstairs.

My biggest enemy will be fighting the temperature during the day time I'm concerned.

Have you thought about running lights on at night when there's cooler temps. Nobody has mentioned it I don't think. I was planning on doing that this summer (northeast US + 2nd floor) but have decided this year to just quit from May thru Aug for inside growing. Will save alot of my hair not dealing with the heat & obscene humidity.

amekins

amekins

Have you thought about running lights on at night when there's cooler temps. Nobody has mentioned it I don't think. I was planning on doing that this summer (northeast US + 2nd floor) but have decided this year to just quit from May thru Aug for inside growing. Will save alot of my hair not dealing with the heat & obscene humidity.
That’s what I’m doing as well and I think you’re right, no one has mentioned it. Good call.

MmJoyMJ

MmJoyMJ

I have thought about it but the lights are very bright in closet at night. Even with the doors shut its almost daylight in my room. So night time lights is not gonna happen.

I'm looking at just investing in a tent kit from SF

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

I have thought about it but the lights are very bright in closet at night. Even with the doors shut its almost daylight in my room. So night time lights is not gonna happen.

I'm looking at just investing in a tent kit from SF
That would be good. Most tents with metal frames are good. Just don’t buy any that don’t have metal frames. Vivosun, sf, gorilla they are all good. Most are the same except words on outside. Lol

MmJoyMJ

MmJoyMJ

When Mr G said it would be tricky watering these, He wasn't kidding.

. Too close the edge i lose water out the sides. I dont think the pots were getting wet all the way down too the bottom either.

Who knew that drooping can also be a sign of dry pockets in the soil 😆

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Two things that helps on the watering is give a little bit first to soak a bit ,wait (4min-30min)and then give rest of water.

You can also rasp carefully on the toplayer with your fingers or a fork. (Cultivating soil)

josefrahl

josefrahl

HOT climate 😆

To be honest, my biggest pest issue is tiny ants and thats down in the kitchen not Upstairs.

My biggest enemy will be fighting the temperature during the day time I'm concerned.

Yeah, I'm in AZ as well (N.PHX). This last weeks jump in temp was a pain keeping the temps down. Ended up getting a portable AC for the room I grow in so I don't have to run it in the whole house for 1 room. I'm on day 40 of my first grow so reading through your thread was like reading a lot of my own thoughts over the last month lol. Glad you were able to get yours saved and growing.

MmJoyMJ

MmJoyMJ

Yeah, I'm in AZ as well (N.PHX). This last weeks jump in temp was a pain keeping the temps down. Ended up getting a portable AC for the room I grow in so I don't have to run it in the whole house for 1 room. I'm on day 40 of my first grow so reading through your thread was like reading a lot of my own thoughts over the last month lol. Glad you were able to get yours saved and growing.

If its any indicator of how the summer will be, I am not ready!

A portable ac is a great idea though and will be looking into one of those. My bedroom wall faces south west and gets hit with sun all day long.

Top Bottom