MOISTURE CONTENT IN COCO. VWC AND CROP STEERING

• Thread starter socalrecfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tracyfri

Tracyfri

I will absolutely answer those questions for you. Great questions bt the way! I'm dropping my girl off at the airport theh I'll get back with a thorough response.
Where did you go bro? This is some juicy stuff here. Aquas questions will help me to better grasp the idea. Look forward to you chiming in. Ty! 👍✌️

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

No redbarn-kyle. Hmmm. Ideally keep it around 50-60 dry back no further than 45..... How the heck do you get runoff? There's got to be runoff no if ands or butts right! All I want to know is how he maintains the proper ppm in the coco in this indoor farm he's running. Unless he's growing in a coco , peat blend. That could make sence. Or the ppms in times of no runoff are .... If salt it's going to build up I suppose you could feed w lower EC water to try and lessen that build up during a period of no runoff. Goes against everything I've learned here about coco.

SSgrower

SSgrower

I have a mentor called Meatman, he has 30 yrs. experience in gurilla grows, outdoors but has recently began 1 gal. coco/perlite hand watering like me in 3 gal. pots. I am lessening the media in my 3 gal pots to 2/3 full media. Seeing this thread is helping me determine watering schedule and nutrient use during veg & flower. I must buy a meter to measure dry back. I don't feed at night during flower stage, I feed to drain 3 times during the day. I count as I pour from a 2gal. watering can, hand watering. Thanks for this thread as it will teach us better how to Steer. Here is a pic of my 1st. grow in coco/perlite a bagseed grow I named Debbies Delight. Out of 4 plants she was the only female.

20210526 131921 compress28
Tracyfri

Tracyfri

So coco has a max WC of 65 percent? So everything after 65 percent is runoff if I'm understanding this correctly? If so I think some of the Fog is finally lifting. I'm going to research other places on this.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Sorry for the late response, I'll shed a bit of light onto the target ranges for water content depending on the phase of flower.
If you want clarification on any of these just let me know. I won't go into EC readings because you're not measuring pore water EC, which is what I use to steer our crops. I would hate for you to scorch your plants trying to get your bulk media EC up to 8! I'll leave environmental cues out of this as well, just know your VPD needs to stay between .8 and 1.4, do not let it go below .4 at night as that is dew point and you'll be at risk for mold.
In early flower, first week or so you want to keep your wc high, peak saturation around 65% not allowing your substrate to dry back below 45%, but ideally keep that water content around 55-60% all day by irrigating frequent, but small shots. This is to help ease your plants into flower gently.
during your stretch, or "phase 2" of bloom we go generative. You want to create a water scarcity stress response in your plants to force them to focus on generative growth (flowers) as early as possible. This is done by hitting your peak saturation of 55-65% early in the day, around 2 hours after lights on, then giving them a 22-23 hour dry-back before your next irrigation and bump up your EC a bit to increase osmotic pressure and really stress those girls out. This will mitigate stretch, increase bud sites and like I said earlier, your flowers will set earlier, allowing more time for the next phase, which is our bulking phase.
During this phase, which starts the day your plants are done stretching, is where we remove all stressors from the crop and allow them to focus all of their resources on those flowers we just set in. This is done by reverting your irrigation strategy back to phase one. We'll lower our EC and irrigate frequently to hit peak saturation about 3 hours after lights on and maintain that throughout the day.
Phase four is your flush. Flush however you normally do but don't ever flush with straight R.O water, always use a low EC of cal-mag and cut your nitrates in half or more.
If you nail phase 2 and phase 3 you're going to see big boy yields like you've never seen before!
Assuming you have the right genetics, which is a whole different conversation.
Hope that helps!
If you care to peep the insta for the grow I manage to see I'm not full of it, it's here: redbarn_gardens
This sounds eerily similar to a lot of rockwool grows and how they crop steer. Are you in RW or coco?

Scar818

Scar818

Guys i have mildew on my stalk and stem im 2 weeks from harvest. I sprayed it with growsafe today and about 7 hours later when the lights came on it is still there. Any idea what to do now? Because im near harvest and the mildew is only on stalk and stem im avoiding spraying the buds. Also isnt the mildew supposed to wash away almost instantly after the application?

FF4CEE81 6738 468F A60F FE7D7ADD5FF0
Tracyfri

Tracyfri

Guys i have mildew on my stalk and stem im 2 weeks from harvest. I sprayed it with growsafe today and about 7 hours later when the lights came on it is still there. Any idea what to do now? Because im near harvest and the mildew is only on stalk and stem im avoiding spraying the buds. Also isnt the mildew supposed to wash away almost instantly after the application?
Yes it is. Try 3 percent h202 that should do the trick if it's pm👍

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

My bad I thought you were talking to me. The op has not been around. I was hoping he'd come back and continue w the discussion.
This sounds eerily similar to a lot of rockwool grows and how they crop steer. Are you in RW or coco?

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

Is that the only place you can see the pm? If so that's great! You can definitely keep it under wraps. If I see it one place Its usually infiltrated in many places. I use Neem alot in early flower as a preventative. Not sure what's in growsafe but is it like Nuke em?

Scar818

Scar818

Yeh when i went to buy it today they also had nuke em but i ordered the other thing u said also through walmart it arrives tomorrow so i can also spray that on Friday

Scar818

Scar818

I legit hope it doesn’t spread until Friday because my garage is my best room. I still cannot believe growsafe didnt work i aprayed 4 gallons of it and only on stalk and lower branches idk how it’s possible for it to stay on.

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

I legit hope it doesn’t spread until Friday because my garage is my best room. I still cannot believe growsafe didnt work i aprayed 4 gallons of it and only on stalk and lower branches idk how it’s possible for it to stay on.
The texture of the stalk being all bumpy and groovy (pun intended) will make it harder to blast it off of there sometimes. That does not mean you didn't kill that spot however and it doesn't mean it didn't work be sure. If you got the bulk of it I'd say it's a win! Sometimes it doesn't all completely wash away but it is dead just the same (for the moment). If it has that powdery look though, as you already know, do be vigilant cause it's probably not dead. You can use straight hydrogen peroxide from medicine cabinet for spot treating areas like the spot on the stalk. That's what I meant by 3 percent h202. I wouldn't go spraying it all over the foliage though in your situation lol! But yeah stems stalks etc np.
What is the active ingredient in growsafe? Is it listed on the bottle? I've never heard of it is all just curious 😁

Scar818

Scar818

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

That looks like some good stuff. Definitely a good preventative. That's how I use Neem. I spray before I see anything. Every other week. That looks like it would do the trick if your leaves weren't completely covered or anything. Cool👍

Latest posts

Top Bottom