Molasses

• Thread starter Guano
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Guano

Where can I buy MaxiCrop liquid seaweed near me?
1-800-KELP-964

Wormcastings w/free shipping in usa -

www.neptunesharvest.com < make a good liquid seaweed/carried at many Nurseries & Garden centers.Their fish hydrolysate is also an excellent organic product.

B

Blaner123Doobie

Hey Cell
Just another suggestion for ya, If you are looking for worm castings or worm casting juice, try they Ebay, I have always gotten my worm stuff off of there :-)

C

cell

After a week of aerating my own tea it smells seriously funky.. this ok? I'm assuming it is, based on the composition and the aeration over time.

distilled water w a ph of 6.0..
budswel guano (contains earthworm castings bat & seabird guano)
grandma's molasses
green fuse

I've been testing out with the ingredient method you had described in your post, but with green fuse growth.

G

Guano

Good teas tend to smell like damp soil, bad ones like shit.
If it doesnt smell "healthy" I'd dump it & start a new tea.
I'm not familiar w/GreenFuse but if your plants look happy that's what counts.

T

thcnology

Sweet Recipe

Great Post Guano! I too have been using molasses for years, lot cheaper then Botanicare Sweet (Don't even get me started on Botanicare, I could tell you some things that would really scare you) and the homemade version in my opinion actually works better....So, now I've taken it a little further, to really sweeten my Sweet. I'm not a nutrient scientist but in 9th grade biology I figured out that we basically have three types of sugar, glucose, sucrose, and fructose. And plants can really safely use all of these...as carbs basically...Like hard working people, Hard working plants burn lots of carbs. In order to get a better represented sugar spectrum I use about a tablespoon of the following in a gallon of water:

All Organic!

Blackstrap Molasses
Grade B Maple Syrup
Tupelo Honey
Sucanat

I actually mix these into a bottle of 100% juice (not from concentrate and no preservatives), I use Juicy Juice Berry flavor around here but you could really use any flavor of juice to enhance the flavors already in your garden. I've even made my own juice and mixed this in, but I find a store bought brand seems to keep longer in the fridge and seems to be more stable in the reservoir. For example if you use orange juice you'd be adding alot of acid, so just keep that in mind.

I pour about a cup of this in a 50 gallon reservoir every week.

C

cell

In 3 gallons of water I've added 3 flat table spoons of the guano, 3 1/4 teaspoons of the green fuse growth, and 3 teaspoons of molasses.. The stench seems that of manure but the plants seem to be reacting fine, strong structures with dark green foliage. I think because I had mixed the guano directly in rather than casting it in a stocking might have caused the stray pieces of the mix to accumulate and rot perhaps?
Going to give them more time to react to the feeding before I dump this mix and start over.
So far this info has been priceless, trying to make a balanced blend.

I also like thcnology's idea.. might try a high glucose mixture like that.

C

cell

24 hrs has gone by since I've redone my tea mix. This time adding smaller doses and using a stocking, it smells far better than it did.
In only 2 gallons of reverse osmosis distilled water:
2 3/4 teaspoons of green fuse
2 teaspoons of molasses
2 tablespoon of the guano, which I casted within a stocking.
So far it smells a lot more healthy for feed, without a sharp manure scent, more like an organic compost with a hint of some herbal tea scent.
I am still working on mixing my own blend, but so far I'm excited to have some stability perhaps. Will judge results from feed.
Thank you again.

G

Guano

If your plants are nice & green I'd ease up on the GreenFuse.Do you have an NPK value for that product?are you using the growth or bloom version?What type guano are you using?

C

cell

I have not been able to find a NPK value for the product at all! I've just read many good reviews on the substance.
I am currently using the growth formula.
As posted on Hydrodynamics International Website, which is the company behind greenfuse:

GreenFuse® Growth Stimulator is a highly concentrated, 100% organic plant growth nutrient supplement blended from pure plant oils and extracts.
While not a fertilizer, GreenFuse® Growth Stimulator serves as an organic catalyst that invigorates the natural growth cycle of plants which in turn can lead to healthier plants, larger yields and superior quality fruit and flower.
Suitable for use in soil gardens, containers, as well as hydroponic gardens, it can also be used as a powerful foliar spray as well. Best when used in conjunction with other organic products.

I emailed the company requesting the ingredient values, awaiting a reply.
The guano I use is Budswel guano - which contains earthworm castings, bat & seabird guano.

G

Guano

There are prolly more than enough nutes in the guano itself without adding the GreenFuse.You don't want to overdo it on N because you want it to be depleted from your soilmix towards the end of flower.Try cutting out the Greenfuse or cutback to once a week & see how the plants react.
Since your guano is mixed in with the castings you dont have any control over exactly which guano your using so its a bit trickier.As flowering progresses you want your tea to consist of EWC,molasses & small amounts of Indonesian or Jamaican bat guano as it doesnt contain any N(Jamaican has a tiny bit).Use the peruvian seabird guano as a general/starter feed,also very good for transition from veg to flower.Mexican is for veg use only.

C

cell

So I emailed a rep over at Hydrodynamics International requesting the npk of their line Green Fuse, they replied its: 0-0-0.3/growth and 0-0-0.5/bloom.

I'm actually quite surprised.

D

doktor333

black strap

I love molasses, use it throughout the plant's lifecycles, double dose in flowering, even during flush.

I get a 340g jar for 69p from the local healthfood store.
i hvae been using molasses in my northern brite for a few weeks it is high in b vitamins.

G

Guano

Wow that is suprising cell...it must be more of an enzyme type product than an actual nutrient.Continue using it then without worry but like anything...less is more. ;)

C

cell

Will do. I had figured I can use it after finding out those levels. Perhaps it would be more useful through foliar application rather than mixing it into brew?

With everything I'm learning about natural sources of nutrition, I'm slowly veering away from concentrated products.

T

Thick Smoke

i am gonna give the girls a lil bit of molasses and see what happens. seems logical i guess

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey guys I'm gonna start using the Molasses today with my canna nutes and I'm gonna try to replace Boost with this and see how it goes . I'm not sure if someone posted how to mix it into a gallon jug without making a tea and bubbling it so what I do is mix all my other nutes in the gallon jug of R/O water but leave it about 2 inches down from the top and then I takes about 4 oz's of hot tap water in a cup and mix my molasses in the cup and when well mixed dump it in the jug and shake it up and bam , Its all mixed together and no sticky molasses on the bottom when its empty .:dance

D

dna genetics

Hey guys I'm gonna start using the Molasses today with my canna nutes and I'm gonna try to replace Boost with this and see how it goes . I'm not sure if someone posted how to mix it into a gallon jug without making a tea and bubbling it so what I do is mix all my other nutes in the gallon jug of R/O water but leave it about 2 inches down from the top and then I takes about 4 oz's of hot tap water in a cup and mix my molasses in the cup and when well mixed dump it in the jug and shake it up and bam , Its all mixed together and no sticky molasses on the bottom when its empty .:dance

right on zoo!
i use the sticky stuff somtimes but i use hot water to mix up the mola till its perfect enough to throw in the res.
hot water works well with the thick stuff:yes
respect,
a:nerd

B

British_Hempire

Yeah, I add the molasses to warm water and let it disolve then add it to my nutes.

T

toptrix

what is the best time to use molla... growing not long was just going to do a whole grow on mola
with light mix soil
and alga mic...molla every feed ...good / bad. phone a freind??any info lads i wd appreciate,,,hungry for lots tho..

L

Lee

great stuff and cheap to and ready available any where. I love this stuff! it made my buds swell up with nice crystals!

Latest posts

Top Bottom