Mold, The Outdoor Growers Worst Nightmare

• Thread starter Chobble
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420bliss

420bliss

what part of PREPLANT DIP CANT YOU UNDERSTAND......CLEARLY means ONE application...so resistance and all that garbage your trying to associate with my info isnt valid....resistance only happens when repeated treatments are done...not by one application....

what part of PREPLANT DIP CANT YOU UNDERSTAND......CLEARLY means ONE application...so resistance and all that garbage your trying to associate with my info isnt valid....resistance only happens when repeated treatments are done...not by one application....

you claim you use it every grow. so you are fighting the same species(most likly) of pm with e20 every time that is how you build resistance

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
After I realized what a mess I was helping to make of this perfectly good thread I contacted a moderator and requested that the BS posts be removed (including my own). I'm done going back and forth with someone who refuses to read even the simplest things but insists on attacking anyone who challenges their assertions, nothing educational or informational is coming from it anymore.

For the benefit of anyone who cares to learn, here's my 6-page thread discussing the known issues of PM resistance being caused by repeated use, not even prophylactic use, of single-site mode fungicides (this is an issue with all 'cides', not just fungicides, and it's worst with anything used to treat mites of damn near all species).

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...20-and-systemics-makes-resistant-fungi.33677/

(Boy am I glad it made it through the migration!)

Chobble

Chobble

After I realized what a mess I was helping to make of this perfectly good thread I contacted a moderator and requested that the BS posts be removed (including my own). I'm done going back and forth with someone who refuses to read even the simplest things but insists on attacking anyone who challenges their assertions, nothing educational or informational is coming from it anymore.

For the benefit of anyone who cares to learn, here's my 6-page thread discussing the known issues of PM resistance being caused by repeated use, not even prophylactic use, of single-site mode fungicides (this is an issue with all 'cides', not just fungicides, and it's worst with anything used to treat mites of damn near all species).

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...20-and-systemics-makes-resistant-fungi.33677/

Excellent post Maiden! I think Im going to do a side by side test of Horsetail ACT vs Milk this season and we'll see who wins :D

Chobble

dirk d

dirk d

im going to pre-grow fungi in a compost/oatmeal mix for a couple days and then use that mix in my vortex brewer for 2 days, then do foliar applications.

Chobble

Chobble

im going to pre-grow fungi in a compost/oatmeal mix for a couple days and then use that mix in my vortex brewer for 2 days, then do foliar applications.

Just for your reference, I've heard the vortext brewers are only good for Bacteria dominant teas the bubbles are to intense for long fungal strands to grow.

You may want to look into that, but its why I make my own brewers.

Chobble

dirk d

dirk d

Just for your reference, I've heard the vortext brewers are only good for Bacteria dominant teas the bubbles are to intense for long fungal strands to grow.

You may want to look into that, but its why I make my own brewers.

Chobble

Interesting, haven't heard that before. i'll call and find out and let you know what they say. Just setup everything for the fungal dominate compost though. should have something in about 3-5 days to start the applications.

ttystikk

ttystikk

This is why I think that the pests that attack Cannabis are so much more virulent than they were some 20 years ago when I did this last. Back then, spider mites were around but they were a lot more susceptible to various controls. Powdery mildew was easy to get rid of. Now, they're both nightmarish to deal with, and they're not the only ones! It seems like these pathogens are profiting by the carelessness of countless growers out there, and I'm glad to see that you and others are working to raise awareness about best practices to stop- or at least slow this trend.

Chobble

Chobble

This is why I think that the pests that attack Cannabis are so much more virulent than they were some 20 years ago when I did this last. Back then, spider mites were around but they were a lot more susceptible to various controls. Powdery mildew was easy to get rid of. Now, they're both nightmarish to deal with, and they're not the only ones! It seems like these pathogens are profiting by the carelessness of countless growers out there, and I'm glad to see that you and others are working to raise awareness about best practices to stop- or at least slow this trend.

I was listening to NPR last week and they where saying that the Organic solutions are more powerful then the lab created one. They where taking about things like Bennies etc. It really is the truth though, Fungicides and Pesticides can not be the way of our world for much longer.

Chobble

dirk d

dirk d

all products of the oil industry. genetically modified seeds need herbicides, insecticides and fertilizers all made by them. they have no soul.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I was listening to NPR last week and they where saying that the Organic solutions are more powerful then the lab created one. They where taking about things like Bennies etc. It really is the truth though, Fungicides and Pesticides can not be the way of our world for much longer.

Chobble

Insightful and correct, for one simple reason; our enemies, the pathogens, are mtuating and changing in response to their environment. Fungicides and pesticides don't evolve. Beneficial microbes DO, and over time will catch up with and control their targets ever more efficiently. Monsanto knows this; why else would they be trying to patent and buy up the entire world's supply of genetics?

all products of the oil industry. genetically modified seeds need herbicides, insecticides and fertilizers all made by them. they have no soul.

Nice, feel-good concept, but this is fuzzy headed thinking; it doesn't speak to the underlying causes of the situation, and therefore can't lead to solutions. It's this same kind of fuzzy navel gazing that caused me to abandon 'metaphysics', 'mysticism' and other pseudoscience many years ago; you can't DO anything with it, because there's no solid fatual basis underpinning the argument.

Don't get me wrong here, Dirk; I'm not disparaging your post or the passion behind it. But, like Squiggly, I have come to realize that the only tools we have to fight this and other technological problems are logic, critical clearheaded thinking and rigorous, repeatable experiment.

This forum is a microcosm of the world at large; some people are doing science, some are advancing opinion, more are criticizing without contributing and everyone who comes in is a little confused at first as to who to listen to when they ask questions. These newcomer's choices are telling; they tend to look for their information in the way that's most comfortable for them, with predictable results.

I think Squiggly's ideas about crowdsourcing our data gathering and experimentation has HUGE potential; and I intend to lead by example. We all know intuitively what our favorite plant and our methods for cultivating it offer by way of potential; let's work together to explore them!

dirk d

dirk d

ttystikk I got to say I love reading all your posts bro. They are all well thought out, intelligent responses. You must be a professor or engineer? lol

The Universe is expanding, gravity is real. We just cant explain them fully yet. Why have cancer rates spiked since the 1920's?? Why has our food supply been stripped of its nutritional value?? We now poison all of our kids with these foods. Why has our education system become so terrible??

I am just upset at losing 2 of my uncles to cancer and watching my family members get all kinds of different ailments that even 25 years ago i was never exposed to. How many people in this country now have diabetes?? it's absurd!

Genetically Modified Corn rules all now. High fructose corn sugar is in almost everything now. SLS and SLeS are in almost every soap and shampoo. Hell we put rat poison in our toothpaste and water supply. I can go on and on and on.

One of the main problems is that profit is the primary goal in America. Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against making profit just that it can't be the primary motive and big corporations are in it for the $$$. First step, imo, is to get people to start to think.

ttystikk

ttystikk

ttystikk I got to say I love reading all your posts bro. They are all well thought out, intelligent responses. You must be a professor or engineer? lol

The Universe is expanding, gravity is real. We just cant explain them fully yet. Why have cancer rates spiked since the 1920's?? Why has our food supply been stripped of its nutritional value?? We now poison all of our kids with these foods. Why has our education system become so terrible??

I am just upset at losing 2 of my uncles to cancer and watching my family members get all kinds of different ailments that even 25 years ago i was never exposed to. How many people in this country now have diabetes?? it's absurd!

Genetically Modified Corn rules all now. High fructose corn sugar is in almost everything now. SLS and SLeS are in almost every soap and shampoo. Hell we put rat poison in our toothpaste and water supply. I can go on and on and on.

One of the main problems is that profit is the primary goal in America. Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against making profit just that it can't be the primary motive and big corporations are in it for the $$$. First step, imo, is to get people to start to think.

My uncle and cousins are all engineers, with long careers in the defense industry. Both of my folks taught at the local State U, english department. You got me dead to rights, brother!

Agreed on all counts. Corporations are not evil; they are merely legal structures for the purpose of extracting profit. When people lose sight of what's really important in the world, they tend to think motives like these are acceptable, and we are reaping the predictable results.

Hence, my argument to strip Corporate America of its political influence by legalized bribery, and to level the playing field by force of law so that our environment, our health and our children are treated like the priorities they are. Fox News loves to vilify the Clean Air Act and the Clean Water Act; tell 'em what; if they don't want to abide by those protections, why don't they invite Monsanto and Exxon and GlaxoSmithKline and Union Carbide to set up shop in THEIR fuckin' backyards?

Latest posts

Top Bottom