MooseFarts Outdoor Grow 2019

• Thread starter MooseFarts
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Ah fuck it i think ive answered my own question, ill set up a tent fly and hope that more molding doesn't occur! Yes it'll be humid but hopefully preventing buds from being wet will help them

BudBogart

BudBogart

So after cleaning up the good nugs from the colas that started to Mold I picked through the moulded parts and found about 10 seeds. This is quite unusual for me since well there was no indication of the plant hermie-ing, didn’t see any nanners, and I don’t have any males.

I guess since it’s legal now it’s quite possible there’s people around who don’t know a heck of a lot and could be growing males (apparently a male can pollinate up to a 2km radius?). But does a female stop producing buds if it’s been pollinated? Not liking the look of things so far but I guess having seeds isn’t horrible. It would be nice if it wasn’t from a random male somewhere and have no idea what strain it is.

The way I decide if it’s hermied or from a random male is this. If all 10 seeds were on one or two buds I would say hermied but is 10 seeds spread out on entire crop, then I guess pollen blown in from elsewhere.

Rooke

Rooke

The way I decide if it’s hermied or from a random male is this. If all 10 seeds were on one or two buds I would say hermied but is 10 seeds spread out on entire crop, then I guess pollen blown in from elsewhere.
Ah fuck it i think ive answered my own question, ill set up a tent fly and hope that more molding doesn't occur! Yes it'll be humid but hopefully preventing buds from being wet will help them
Hey there buddy there’s lots of time left with some good weather in the forecast. Covers can hold moisture somewhat. If you have the time give your buds a quick hard shake once the sun is up if you start at the top of your plant and work your way to the bottom it works quite well for me they dry off pretty quick especially if there’s a bit of a breeze. I know it’s a pita but it works. Do you have a dehumidifier that you could put in your dry room? If you can keep it around 45-50 % you will dry them fairly slow. I know someone that partially covered their plants last year with a clear plastic tarp and it held moisture and his buds molded on him. Hang in there buddy!!

BudBogart

BudBogart

Also hemp/Cbd growing could add factor to seeds?

Hopefully its not fully seeded ( god I hated when I used to buy smuggled weed and there was more seed than bud )

——

Good luck!

I think that’s why big rolling trays exist. We used to break a bud up on one end of the tray, then tip the tray and use the zig zag cover to move the bud around letting the seeds roll to the other end of the tray. Wow, I don’t miss those good old times, lol. (But I wish I had some of those seeds back)

Aotearoa420

Aotearoa420

20190907 174251

Here's a Baikal Express indoors monster scrog. Was flowered a year ago then revegged and used as a mother. After giving about a hundred cuts I decided to flip her and she flowered for five weeks.
It's a bit of a mess after ripping it out of the scrog net.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Ive only really noticed them on the white critical express and the AK Kush Express so far. But I am putting money on them all having the seeds.

Ladies are looking nice! I would follow along a grow diary as well!

Sorry the absence from the grow diary here, everything is going well. Few mold clippings here and there but nothing too substantial yet (knock on wood).
Was wondering if any of the farmers here had any insight on harvesting a bit early into the flush. My issue is that its calling for rain tomorrow night (80% chance and ~10mm, or 0.4 inch, of rain) and was thinking about doing an early morning harvest on the white critical express to prevent any more chance of molding on it. Its pretty close to harvest, the odd amber trichome popping up here and there. Lower buds could use a little longer but still worried about mold.

Also thinking about setting up a tent fly over it to prevent the plant from getting so wet.

So my options...
1. Don't set up anyting and let the plant ripen for a bit longer
2. Set up tent fly and let the plant ripen
3. harvest in the AM.

Any insight is appreciated!
I followed a girls grow on another website a couple years ago and she used to dry her plants after it rained with a leaf blower, she said it worked well and she grew some monsters!

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Sorry for the absence from my grow diary! Been super busy with the plants, harvesting the vegetables my family grows, and stickin my nose in the books. I have finally completed Masters of Science degree!!

That makes complete sense to me and I’ll be sure to remember that.

Hey there buddy there’s lots of time left with some good weather in the forecast. Covers can hold moisture somewhat. If you have the time give your buds a quick hard shake once the sun is up if you start at the top of your plant and work your way to the bottom it works quite well for me they dry off pretty quick especially if there’s a bit of a breeze. I know it’s a pita but it works. Do you have a dehumidifier that you could put in your dry room? If you can keep it around 45-50 % you will dry them fairly slow. I know someone that partially covered their plants last year with a clear plastic tarp and it held moisture and his buds molded on him. Hang in there buddy!!

Hey buddy! Been hanging in well, and things are going quite alright! Just been getting my dry room all situated and will be good to harvest. I’m going to use 5L buckets to cure my stuff in. I could use 20L buckets but figure I’ll have less chance of Mold forming in smaller buckets.

I followed a girls grow on another website a couple years ago and she used to dry her plants after it rained with a leaf blower, she said it worked well and she grew some monsters!

That is ingenious! Fuck, that’s a great idea !

TerriR

TerriR

Sorry for the absence from my grow diary! Been super busy with the plants, harvesting the vegetables my family grows, and stickin my nose in the books. I have finally completed Masters of Science degree!!

That makes complete sense to me and I’ll be sure to remember that.

Hey buddy! Been hanging in well, and things are going quite alright! Just been getting my dry room all situated and will be good to harvest. I’m going to use 5L buckets to cure my stuff in. I could use 20L buckets but figure I’ll have less chance of Mold forming in smaller buckets.

That is ingenious! Fuck, that’s a great idea !
Congratulations on your graduation! Bet that feels good!

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

The overcast sky tonight seems to provide the perfect lighting to show the colours on these plants. Been flushing three plants so far. It’s getting close to harvest time, and honestly I couldn’t be happier with how they’re turning out. There is a bit of Mold issues like I’ve said in the past but given the conditions, Mold is pretty much inevitable.

Patience is definitely key when it comes to harvest time. There’s been a few times I’ve told myself to harvest the next day but then continue to let them grow. The buds have definitely gotten more dense in the past week so they put on a lot of extra weight. I am JUST finally seeing some ambering of the trichomes on the tops of the colas but not yet below. Thinking it’s about that time for white critical express.

Here is all of the plants. The kalashnikov express in the front. And in the second closest row is white widow 47 (left) and white critical express (right).
2D1FBDF6 2553 4C47 8286 ACFA8F4133ED

Buds on the Kalashnikov express:
21C04540 B8CF 46B7 AF20 A893801D2E93

White widow 47:
9FA12B64 7865 4835 927D 306C9B8CAB3F

White critical express:
12536F70 5FF8 448E AA87 36775C339129

Buds on the Kabul Express:
4EC9FE6A A215 4E00 A37D 3C0B14F173FD

AK kush express:
5C4B7F59 E3A8 4D65 8457 E26414D67C8F

Baikal express:
C5C24E43 173E 46FB 9B51 A730975AEFAB

And OGKZ:
8944EB15 C8AB 4945 978E 0A23F2F66412

Aotearoa420

Aotearoa420

The overcast sky tonight seems to provide the perfect lighting to show the colours on these plants. Been flushing three plants so far. It’s getting close to harvest time, and honestly I couldn’t be happier with how they’re turning out. There is a bit of Mold issues like I’ve said in the past but given the conditions, Mold is pretty much inevitable.

Patience is definitely key when it comes to harvest time. There’s been a few times I’ve told myself to harvest the next day but then continue to let them grow. The buds have definitely gotten more dense in the past week so they put on a lot of extra weight. I am JUST finally seeing some ambering of the trichomes on the tops of the colas but not yet below. Thinking it’s about that time for white critical express.

Here is all of the plants. The kalashnikov express in the front. And in the second closest row is white widow 47 (left) and white critical express (right).
View attachment 894476

Buds on the Kalashnikov express:
View attachment 894477

White widow 47:
View attachment 894478

White critical express:
View attachment 894479

Buds on the Kabul Express:
View attachment 894480

AK kush express:
View attachment 894481

Baikal express:View attachment 894482

And OGKZ:
View attachment 894483
Lovely Moose Farts! I'm interested to see what comes ready first.
In my experience with their genetics, the start and end of flowering stage is sped up, if that makes sense.

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

JFC! I gotta find out where you get your genetics...those are amazing!!

Most are from Kalashnikov Seeds!

Lovely Moose Farts! I'm interested to see what comes ready first.
In my experience with their genetics, the start and end of flowering stage is sped up, if that makes sense.

Thank you ! I am actually surprised at how different our two baikal expresses are from each other. Mine seems to be shorter with dense purple nugs. I am almost thinking there could have been a mishap and I accidentally got their purple power Russian express ? Or super different phenotypes.

Aotearoa420

Aotearoa420

Most are from Kalashnikov Seeds!

Thank you ! I am actually surprised at how different our two baikal expresses are from each other. Mine seems to be shorter with dense purple nugs. I am almost thinking there could have been a mishap and I accidentally got their purple power Russian express ? Or super different phenotypes.
No possibly not, it's probably all the same strain. I only popped three baikal beans and they were fairly different from each other. Not alot of stability amongst Baikal Express so cool to pheno hunt.
They might just be pollen chucking random shit into that mad secret strain they use to shorten flowring for all we know lol

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Hello farmers! Been crazy busy as of lately. Pickling and preserving vegetables from the garden and not to mention the non stop trimming, taking care of drying branches, a dry trim and then curing.

I have harvested about 95% of my white critical express so far and a few of the main colas off the Kabul express and some off the AK kush. Pushing through mold issues for a nice potent cannabinoid content. Sugar leaves’ trichomes are ambering a bunch while the buds’ trichomes are clear/milky with not much ambering on lower buds from the main colas. So holding out a bit for the lower portions of each branch. I’ve also been harvesting portions of branches which have reached a desired ripeness when they get to that point.

It’s horrible dealing with morning dew and high humidity here in Ontario and I have learned that although the express strains are being harvested earlier than the non-express, I have to deal with mold Issues regardless!

I have started smoking some of the dried herb and god did I ever miss homegrown! I’m so happy with how the buds are tasting and they definitely get you real high. Super resinous as well!

I have only AK kush and white critical express dried to the smoking point. Both smoke very well and do their jobs, but I have to say I really like how ALL of the buds on the AK kush dry rock hard, all the way down each branch. The white critical express has very light and fluffy buds once about 4-6 inches from the top of each cola.

I’m using 2 gallon pails for my curing process. I can fit about 0.5-0.75 lb in each pail depending on the density of buds and how full I fill them. Seems to be going great so far!

I monitor the humidity in the pails with a mini hygrometer. I figure I’ll cure them for a month or so, add a Boveda pack for a couple weeks to stabilize the bud humidity if I NEED to, and then vacuum seal them into bags for long term storage! I’ll see though, still lots of time to decide on long term storage. I could just leave them in their pails.

Anyways here’s some update pics!

The Kabul express smells so fruity it’s insane. I can’t wait to try it.

22382AC7 87F5 4661 851E C91A587735FD

Can you see the visitor I had on the one cola ? Beautiful specimen. Check it out closer

9F386B74 70A6 47FD 97B1 F019FB20BA1D

One plant to acknowledge is the Baikal express, it’s buds are huge and SO PURPLE!

A91D70AC A250 4349 BB41 3A8138C1F9B0

3829A644 96AE 4109 8211 3998CD038768

Went out for a hike with the girlfriend. Pretty cool place I tell ya!

6F217068 BFB9 4F5D AD83 E2CC72AD9E24

Also I was trimming and noticed a bud with like some hole in it and peaked inside to notice some insect bites on the stem, what kind of bugs burrow this deep into a bud?

65973D40 02CD 4008 9C44 34C1EDC01CE4

AND last but not least some buds curing in pails. This is just over a half pound of white critical express. Have yet to get a final yield on the plant. Buds are looking decent!

028FC3A7 11BF 42B4 970C BFBB185ECAF7

212336A3 E9B0 493E BC1B 2815A463E772

Buds MIGHT get another tiny trim before long term storage if I get ambitious.

TerriR

TerriR

Hello farmers! Been crazy busy as of lately. Pickling and preserving vegetables from the garden and not to mention the non stop trimming, taking care of drying branches, a dry trim and then curing.

I have harvested about 95% of my white critical express so far and a few of the main colas off the Kabul express and some off the AK kush. Pushing through mold issues for a nice potent cannabinoid content. Sugar leaves’ trichomes are ambering a bunch while the buds’ trichomes are clear/milky with not much ambering on lower buds from the main colas. So holding out a bit for the lower portions of each branch. I’ve also been harvesting portions of branches which have reached a desired ripeness when they get to that point.

It’s horrible dealing with morning dew and high humidity here in Ontario and I have learned that although the express strains are being harvested earlier than the non-express, I have to deal with mold Issues regardless!

I have started smoking some of the dried herb and god did I ever miss homegrown! I’m so happy with how the buds are tasting and they definitely get you real high. Super resinous as well!

I have only AK kush and white critical express dried to the smoking point. Both smoke very well and do their jobs, but I have to say I really like how ALL of the buds on the AK kush dry rock hard, all the way down each branch. The white critical express has very light and fluffy buds once about 4-6 inches from the top of each cola.

I’m using 2 gallon pails for my curing process. I can fit about 0.5-0.75 lb in each pail depending on the density of buds and how full I fill them. Seems to be going great so far!

I monitor the humidity in the pails with a mini hygrometer. I figure I’ll cure them for a month or so, add a Boveda pack for a couple weeks to stabilize the bud humidity if I NEED to, and then vacuum seal them into bags for long term storage! I’ll see though, still lots of time to decide on long term storage. I could just leave them in their pails.

Anyways here’s some update pics!

The Kabul express smells so fruity it’s insane. I can’t wait to try it.

View attachment 897735

Can you see the visitor I had on the one cola ? Beautiful specimen. Check it out closer

View attachment 897736

One plant to acknowledge is the Baikal express, it’s buds are huge and SO PURPLE!

View attachment 897737

View attachment 897738

Went out for a hike with the girlfriend. Pretty cool place I tell ya!

View attachment 897739

Also I was trimming and noticed a bud with like some hole in it and peaked inside to notice some insect bites on the stem, what kind of bugs burrow this deep into a bud?

View attachment 897732

AND last but not least some buds curing in pails. This is just over a half pound of white critical express. Have yet to get a final yield on the plant. Buds are looking decent!

View attachment 897733

View attachment 897734

Buds MIGHT get another tiny trim before long term storage if I get ambitious.
I got bud envy...bad 👹

Aotearoa420

Aotearoa420

@MooseFarts nice job. I haven't seen any purple on baikal before but never ran them outdoors, will do so in just over a month here in Sthn Hemisphere.
The calyx shape/size looks very similar to the other phenos I had.
Kalashnikova seeds advertise their genetics as having good mould resistance, were yours tested out this season with any wet weather late in bloom?

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

I got bud envy...bad 👹

Come have a toke, all are welcome! 😂

@MooseFarts nice job. I haven't seen any purple on baikal before but never ran them outdoors, will do so in just over a month here in Sthn Hemisphere.
The calyx shape/size looks very similar to the other phenos I had.
Kalashnikova seeds advertise their genetics as having good mould resistance, were yours tested out this season with any wet weather late in bloom?

Thanks homie! The baikal does well outdoors, and other huge buds it’s the only one which I haven’t seen any mold on it yet. Some more resistant than others for sure. But yeah definitely had a really wet end to August and wet September here in Ontario. Plus the humidity and morning dew is a real killer.

Top Bottom