MooseFarts Outdoor Grow 2019

• Thread starter MooseFarts
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Phone died while takin some pics. But here’s the few I got before it died.

AK Kush express:

F43431CB CF15 4634 914B 8E9712DA2967
7A04D297 C35F 43B3 8C08 9E0128F1E0FE
3268A543 675E 4F6B 9EB3 724A227A3193
1C458446 6F43 4F68 81D5 DEBB32F2E3CA

And one of the baikal express

9A1E47F8 8029 4EDD 8089 5842EAE583FE

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

That kind of sounds like the World of Seeds early flowering strains. " Our Early Harvest varieties are fast flowering varieties, are the result of the crossing of an autoflowering F4 with photodependent varieties of our catalog with what we manage to shorten their flowering and strengthen their vegetative growth stage, which turns them into varieties ultra-fast. These plants can be ready for harvest, from seed, in about 8 weeks in total, which makes them ideal for crops in wet, rainy areas and very harsh winters, as their speed allows you to anticipate the attacks of the majority of fungi."

Yeah very similar! and thats pretty much my reasoning behind growing these ones. A nice early harvest to avoid molds and such.

chances if it’s a borer the branch will die if so yes chop it off. The plant may survive 50% I’ve read. It then might be slow to flower and the buds may be smaller than normal.

Sounds good, Ill watch it and see how it goes. Smaller buds isn't a problem, This harvest will have enough bud to last years.

If you find them, definitely lemme know! I've been loving growing their stuff so far. I'll reach out if I find 'em, too.

Sounds good to me man! Share some pics please I love to see how any of their stuff grows. Trying to figure out what ill pick to grow next year. So far I love how all their express strains (from their variety pack) are growing, but just need to find out how they smoke. How are you doing it, indoors or outdoors? etc.

Its a nice smoke. Its getting grown outdoors for first time soon. Will be able to give some indoor updates soon.

Beautiful, im super excited; for tasting how it smokes and your updates. I feel as though you've said it before but how are the yields compared to whats advertised on their site?

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Sounds good to me man! Share some pics please I love to see how any of their stuff grows. Trying to figure out what ill pick to grow next year. So far I love how all their express strains (from their variety pack) are growing, but just need to find out how they smoke. How are you doing it, indoors or outdoors? etc.

I'm doing both indoor and outdoor in buried pots of organic soil. Indoor vegging under an HLG 65 V2 4k and a 5k LED COB and flowering under an HLG 260w QB V2 @ 3k. Got a super late start this year (the oldest of these plants is 2 months), so I've got a bunch of tiny ladies.

Screenshot from 2019 08 18 14 23 08

Lavanda Cream is in the green 5g bucket, AK Kush is in the blue one behind it. I'd list 'em all but I don't want to derail your thread. :)

Screenshot from 2019 08 18 14 23 56

Kubanskiy growing under (and slightly too close to) a willow tree. Won't use this spot next year, but she's rooted so I'm not moving her. About 2 ft tall.

Screenshot from 2019 08 18 14 25 04

Katyusha, also in a spot that got less sun than I anticipated. But she's rooted and growing decently.

Screenshot from 2019 08 18 14 26 05

Moscow Blueberry. Actually younger than the other two outdoor ladies, but I fucked up less when choosing a spot.

IPM's are lacto fermented garlic and its juice with black pepper emulsified with neem oil using peppermint Dr. Bronner's, applied as foliar; compost tea applied as a foliar and added to every other watering, and DE treatments to the top layer (mixed with Perlite to cover the top of the soil by 2 inches) of the outside ladies and the inside ones that got fungus gnats.

Aotearoa420

Aotearoa420

@moose Farts, the yields were OK, there was a bit of variation in the small amount of seeds I originally popped. I actually kept the smallest yielder pheno as it was the five week flowerer. The nugs don't look that big on the one I kept but they finish really hard and deceptively heavier than they look. I plan to use it for further breeding.
Here they are in organic soil only two weeks since flip. They don't waste much time haha.
20190819 201344

@Kanzeon, I use DE for fungus gnats also but hadn't ever tried a mulch above the DE layer. Will give it a go.

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

I'm doing both indoor and outdoor in buried pots of organic soil. Indoor vegging under an HLG 65 V2 4k and a 5k LED COB and flowering under an HLG 260w QB V2 @ 3k. Got a super late start this year (the oldest of these plants is 2 months), so I've got a bunch of tiny ladies.

View attachment 889089

Lavanda Cream is in the green 5g bucket, AK Kush is in the blue one behind it. I'd list 'em all but I don't want to derail your thread. :)

View attachment 889090

Kubanskiy growing under (and slightly too close to) a willow tree. Won't use this spot next year, but she's rooted so I'm not moving her. About 2 ft tall.

View attachment 889091

Katyusha, also in a spot that got less sun than I anticipated. But she's rooted and growing decently.

View attachment 889092

Moscow Blueberry. Actually younger than the other two outdoor ladies, but I fucked up less when choosing a spot.

IPM's are lacto fermented garlic and its juice with black pepper emulsified with neem oil using peppermint Dr. Bronner's, applied as foliar; compost tea applied as a foliar and added to every other watering, and DE treatments to the top layer (mixed with Perlite to cover the top of the soil by 2 inches) of the outside ladies and the inside ones that got fungus gnats.

Lookin good! How much longer of a season do you have where you are?

@moose Farts, the yields were OK, there was a bit of variation in the small amount of seeds I originally popped. I actually kept the smallest yielder pheno as it was the five week flowerer. The nugs don't look that big on the one I kept but they finish really hard and deceptively heavier than they look. I plan to use it for further breeding.
Here they are in organic soil only two weeks since flip. They don't waste much time haha. View attachment 889166

@Kanzeon, I use DE for fungus gnats also but hadn't ever tried a mulch above the DE layer. Will give it a go.

Nice that sounds awesome. My baikal is smelling very fruity, can’t pin point what it is exactly yet but smells amazing.

They say night time is the best for bud pics! The first, second and third pics are white critical express, ak kush express, and white critical express, respectively.

896E3C64 A0DF 4A67 BF59 66012851E015
0C925187 E5D0 4577 BB9E 317C651626EF
76189F72 F515 4658 8A3F 0BDA5B80E818

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Thanks! It's all a work in progress, pretty much just held together by twist ties. Just ran bird netting under the flowering ladies today to set up a pseudo-scrog that I'll velcro to the wall.

Not 100% sure. If climate records and predictions are to be believed, sometime between 9/15 and 10/1. Seems like things get really rainy and cold in October, especially after the middle of the month.

@Aotearoa420: Nice! I've had success just mixing it with the Perlite, that way it's an active death mulch layer, haha.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Nice that sounds awesome. My baikal is smelling very fruity, can’t pin point what it is exactly yet but smells amazing.

They say night time is the best for bud pics! The first, second and third pics are white critical express, ak kush express, and white critical express, respectively.

View attachment 889637View attachment 889638View attachment 889639
I love taking bud pics at night using a flash as the trichromes light up! Really gives you an idea of just how frosty they are.

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

I love taking bud pics at night using a flash as the trichromes light up! Really gives you an idea of just how frosty they are.

I know right! How have I only just discovered this amazing phenomenon?! 😂

hey thats indoor!your cheating...lmao

I ended up taking some close ups of some buds to see if I could see the colour of trichomes with just my phone camera. Turned out pretty good so I might as well share

A0796CC9 285A 433F AFD7 55B77FC36BC7
126E7A34 FABF 4904 B857 2A4D9B846E87
5BA0DC43 F2E9 40B3 AE14 7D8C65881495
0B0856FD 5271 4D2E 9DAF 4D4B9ED45B4B
9E03AD8F 0A87 4560 A29A 6D3C7B78BBAC
D185172D 78AC 4DE3 BBE4 4EB849288D2D
2AE1B41F E304 4513 8ECC C39DD68F22C5
1C25D0AA 6B75 41BE 9707 734BCADB6B21

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Got a couple bud shots of the ones which seem closest to finishing. Couple caterpillar spots where Mold started so hoping the harvest comes soon! I Cut a couple nugs which were moulding off so maybe tomorrow I’ll be able to get some trichomes pics

White critical express:

I swear these are the fattest colas I’ve ever seen

9A4B712F B228 4F2D BEF4 6255034E17F5

AK kush express:

30A44134 E497 4844 9771 9E859BF86F56
5886CE53 21D8 439E 9A54 04209C5FBE2D

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Okay so I suck at taking pictures with my pocket microscope. But just used a jewellers loupe to inspect my plants this morning and some plants have trichomes which are getting quite milky with only a few here and there turning Amber, but still a few being clear.

What’s everyone’s opinion on harvesting? I wish I could provide pictures with a microscope but I seriously can’t figure out how to get a well focussed shot.

I was perhaps thinking of harvesting half of each plant in a few days and half in a week or two

TerriR

TerriR

Okay so I suck at taking pictures with my pocket microscope. But just used a jewellers loupe to inspect my plants this morning and some plants have trichomes which are getting quite milky with only a few here and there turning Amber, but still a few being clear.

What’s everyone’s opinion on harvesting? I wish I could provide pictures with a microscope but I seriously can’t figure out how to get a well focussed shot.

I was perhaps thinking of harvesting half of each plant in a few days and half in a week or two
I like that staggered harvest plan...take the ones that are most ready now and some later...that’s my plan too!

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

I like that staggered harvest plan...take the ones that are most ready now and some later...that’s my plan too!

Yeah I think I’ll have to do that! I find it crazy that it’s not even September and I’m thinking of harvesting soon

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Well so much for the ocean today, it was supposed to rain late afternoon but was supposed to be nice early so I thought I could sneak a beach day in but there's been no sun and a cool sea breeze yet again :/

Soo.. I think I'll post some plant pictures for a change LOL here's Mazzy Star still hanging in the closet, now in a jar being checked for RH%

20190828 120234

Got to water in a little bit (I think? since this unseasonably cool weather the plants kind of stopped drinking very much) & will post up a pic of a few of the strains that I have in veg currently

I'm also getting a run of bubble gum ready soon (I might put a black dog or two in with it?) and I'm getting an entire black dog run going this winter too, it's one of my favorite smokes

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Well so much for the ocean today, it was supposed to rain late afternoon but was supposed to be nice early so I thought I could sneak a beach day in but there's been no sun and a cool sea breeze yet again :/

Soo.. I think I'll post some plant pictures for a change LOL here's Mazzy Star still hanging in the closet, now in a jar being checked for RH%

View attachment 891467

Got to water in a little bit (I think? since this unseasonably cool weather the plants kind of stopped drinking very much) & will post up a pic of a few of the strains that I have in veg currently

I'm also getting a run of bubble gum ready soon (I might put a black dog or two in with it?) and I'm getting an entire black dog run going this winter too, it's one of my favorite smokes
Oh man I posted in the wrong thread moose sorry brother LMAO (I'm smoking the black dog now, forget about it!) this is funny! if you want I'll contact the mod and asked if they'll delete it?

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Oh man I posted in the wrong thread moose sorry brother LMAO (I'm smoking the black dog now, forget about it!) this is funny! if you want I'll contact the mod and asked if they'll delete it?
No worries man! I figured it was the wrong thread but yeah not a problem 😂 those nugs look nice though! How many different strains you have going anyways?

I was just out taking a break from my school work and taking some pictures of buds, then got around to my AK kush and noticed a spot of bud rot. I was debating just ripping out the piece and letting the plant keep ripening. However, I have no more weed to smoke and am too cheap to buy weed from the legal dispensaries in Ontario, so I opted to cut the cola off where the bud rot was and I’ll just dry it and smoke it without a curing. Just to have a little bit to smoke.

Here’s a pic of a cleaned piece of that bud. Didn’t cut much off the cola, it’s probably only about a quarter ounce wet.

1FA595D8 6F85 416A 9202 119BDE405352

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Latest posts

Top Bottom