MooseFarts Outdoor Grow 2019

• Thread starter MooseFarts
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudBogart

BudBogart

Looking great. BTW, I got my buckets and lids shipped from a place called BayTec Containers.
Have you got your dry room set up, and a plan for trimming so much bud? Do you have plans for using the trim and smaller buds? Are you after smoking colas or do you plan on making stuff like oils and edibles?
I hand trim the biggest and best colas for our personal use with one part time helper. Then I trim secondary buds in a hand crank bowl style trimmer which tears the buds up, but I give these buds to friends throughout the year and they love them. The good trim, sad to say, still sits up in storage.

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Looking great. BTW, I got my buckets and lids shipped from a place called BayTec Containers.
Have you got your dry room set up, and a plan for trimming so much bud? Do you have plans for using the trim and smaller buds? Are you after smoking colas or do you plan on making stuff like oils and edibles?
I hand trim the biggest and best colas for our personal use with one part time helper. Then I trim secondary buds in a hand crank bowl style trimmer which tears the buds up, but I give these buds to friends throughout the year and they love them. The good trim, sad to say, still sits up in storage.

Thank you! And that’s good to know.

Unfortunately I can’t have a dedicated room for drying indoors, or I’d have my head chopped off. Planning on locking everything in the shed (it’s an entertainment style shed) or garage. Was planning on covering the windows with black blankets, putting a fan and perhaps an AC in there.

Trimming will be done by myself, family members and friends. Was looking at the hand crank bowls, and even trimbag if you’ve heard of it. Both seem quite pricey for me at the moment, maybe I can convince a family member to pick one up (say hey you wanna smoke it well you gotta contribute something!!!).

Trim and popcorn buds will be most likely turned into butter, and I’ll make edibles from them. Friends and family love my edibles. No oils this year, I was looking into getting a rosin press but that’s also too pricey for me (sucks being in school without a job!).

You should make butter with the trim, and store it in the freezer! At least that way it’ll be more readily available to use. The trim from two decent plants can make you the most potent three pounds of butter you’ve ever had.

Rooke

Rooke

That’s kind of what I meant by not worth giving it to them, so better to flush at this point?
If you have mostly cloudy trichs I would feed straight ph’d water and keep a close eye on them cuz when they start to turn amber your thc starts to degrade
F704E67B 83F7 4FC7 A078 F15172B94D7E

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

If you have mostly cloudy trichs I would feed straight ph’d water and keep a close eye on them cuz when they start to turn amber your thc starts to degradeView attachment 891580

Flush time it is, since my trichomes are pretty much all milky.

Ive been wanting to try and see the difference between flushing and not. Since I have been giving my nutes at half or less strength the plants' whole lives I feel as though the flush might not affect the flavour a heck of a lot.

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

So after cleaning up the good nugs from the colas that started to Mold I picked through the moulded parts and found about 10 seeds. This is quite unusual for me since well there was no indication of the plant hermie-ing, didn’t see any nanners, and I don’t have any males.

I guess since it’s legal now it’s quite possible there’s people around who don’t know a heck of a lot and could be growing males (apparently a male can pollinate up to a 2km radius?). But does a female stop producing buds if it’s been pollinated? Not liking the look of things so far but I guess having seeds isn’t horrible. It would be nice if it wasn’t from a random male somewhere and have no idea what strain it is.

B

Burned Haze

Also hemp/Cbd growing could add factor to seeds?

Hopefully its not fully seeded ( god I hated when I used to buy smuggled weed and there was more seed than bud )

——

Good luck!

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Also hemp/Cbd growing could add factor to seeds?

Hopefully its not fully seeded ( god I hated when I used to buy smuggled weed and there was more seed than bud )

——

Good luck!

There is a facility growing cbd plants like 5-10 km away. I am pretty sure it’s indoor though, I could be wrong.

Yeah that’s all I’m thinking about. I remember buying weed back in high school from people who had seeded bud and i always remembered it being like 70% seed 30% bud. So far these buds haven’t been like that but god damnit I hope all the plants aren’t going to turn out like this?!?

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

There was no pollen sacks forming, so it’s not genetic. And plus I could not see the company providing genetics with hermie traits in their plants.

One thing that I could benefit from is perhaps if this was an early rhodelization and the seeds would be feminized. But at the same time, if the plant did produce seeds, would this then be genetic? And I wouldn’t want to bother using these seeds?

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

There was no pollen sacks forming, so it’s not genetic. And plus I could not see the company providing genetics with hermie traits in their plants.

One thing that I could benefit from is perhaps if this was an early rhodelization and the seeds would be feminized. But at the same time, if the plant did produce seeds, would this then be genetic? And I wouldn’t want to bother using these seeds?
Personally I'd plant the seeds and see what ya got, if the smoke is good on these buds. Unless you don't have the room, then plant at least one. Never know.

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Personally I'd plant the seeds and see what ya got, if the smoke is good on these buds. Unless you don't have the room, then plant at least one. Never know.
Happens quite a bit. I agree with the plumber I would definitely plant them if you have room, good luck!

Unfortunately I dont have an indoor setup and the growing season is coming to an end here in Ontario. I could germinate a couple and put them outside to see how big they get before the end of october but I couldn't see it being that big! Frost starts around mid october here. I'll have to save most for next year.

Rooke

Rooke

Unfortunately I dont have an indoor setup and the growing season is coming to an end here in Ontario. I could germinate a couple and put them outside to see how big they get before the end of october but I couldn't see it being that big! Frost starts around mid october here. I'll have to save most for next year.
heya buddy do the other colas from that plant have seeds in them as well? What about the plants that are adjacent to that one?

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

While this thread has been blowing up, I wanted to give an update on the AK Kush (back right)_ and Lavanda Cream (front). After repotting into 5g buckets, they've loved life and branched out, literally, haha. I'm topping the LC like crazy, but letting the AK grow naturally just to see the difference. Katyusha hasn't liked the few cold nights we've had, and has been struggling to rebound. The back right plant is actually Sensi's Afghani #1, repotted and rescued from certain outdoor demise.

Screenshot from 2019 08 30 23 26 54
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

While this thread has been blowing up, I wanted to give an update on the AK Kush (back right)_ and Lavanda Cream (front). After repotting into 5g buckets, they've loved life and branched out, literally, haha. I'm topping the LC like crazy, but letting the AK grow naturally just to see the difference. Katyusha hasn't liked the few cold nights we've had, and has been struggling to rebound. The back right plant is actually Sensi's Afghani #1, repotted and rescued from certain outdoor demise.
Starting a grow diary would be cool. I'd follow along.😉

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Damn, really? I'm relatively new to growing cannabis (though very familiar with growing vegetables and herbs), but I guess if there's interest I can. Sorry if that derailed the thread!
No worries, most here don't mind but most here would also like to see what and how you're growing. Sharing ideas and thoughts and hell, what's happening in your life? Fun stuff.

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

heya buddy do the other colas from that plant have seeds in them as well? What about the plants that are adjacent to that one?

Ive only really noticed them on the white critical express and the AK Kush Express so far. But I am putting money on them all having the seeds.

Ladies are looking nice! I would follow along a grow diary as well!

Sorry the absence from the grow diary here, everything is going well. Few mold clippings here and there but nothing too substantial yet (knock on wood).
Was wondering if any of the farmers here had any insight on harvesting a bit early into the flush. My issue is that its calling for rain tomorrow night (80% chance and ~10mm, or 0.4 inch, of rain) and was thinking about doing an early morning harvest on the white critical express to prevent any more chance of molding on it. Its pretty close to harvest, the odd amber trichome popping up here and there. Lower buds could use a little longer but still worried about mold.

Also thinking about setting up a tent fly over it to prevent the plant from getting so wet.

So my options...
1. Don't set up anyting and let the plant ripen for a bit longer
2. Set up tent fly and let the plant ripen
3. harvest in the AM.

Any insight is appreciated!

Top Bottom