Movin' to cali in a couple of months.

• Thread starter haze89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Boots Sugarleaf

Budhog is right, north of sac there are loads of cheap places with land, you can still buy 10 acres of land for 60K in some spots too. You can get warehouses for 30 to 50 cents a sq ft up this way also

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
depends what your plan is. I wouldnt move too up north. Unless you dont plan on selling your stuff, but you will kinda have to becasue there is no work up north. You could find a apartment in or near a big city and throw a 600wer up and work and smoke, maybe make a little cash on the side, I stress the word little. If your planning on moving out and makin loot then you have to go big.

hes right. i live in shasta county south of humbolt, work is scarse, i have been doing construction for over 12 years the economy fell on its ass and i was on unemployment for 9 months, went back to work for a month and broke my back in 4 places, where i live i have a 1800 sq. foot home for a grand a month and collectives have become the next dot com, to make money legally on the westcoast with the green you have to go big, they sell 5 gram 1/8ths for 35 bones here.good luck and welcome to the north state!:dance

B

Budhog

There you go , Sway. Still wanna call me a liar? You should really read more and post less.

N

NeonBlackFlag

Me & my wife moved out to cali from NY a couple years ago with no work, no way of finding work, with just one goal in mind... growing weed. We rented an apt in redding for 595/month, but most landlords are gonna wanna know that you have the funds if you plan on doing it this way. We had a shit load of money saved too though, we are VERY frugal people, so that wasn't very hard. Basically all the money we get/got is put directly in the bank for the most part. We don't go out or eat out or anything, just SAVE. But hey, we are also completly retired in our mid-twenties....
We are currently saving to buy a house in the humboldt/trinity area to get out of the city here. Our main goal is to basically LIVE OFF THE LAND! Grow our own food, and live as self-sufficient/sustainable as possible so I don't have to depend on anyone or anything else but ourselves. I love Northern Cali and would never leave.

Just be aware that Cali is kind of pricey for some things, but if you are coming from NY than you won't be hit that hard by the prices. Just to register your car it costs $170 for only 1 year! And thats for a '01!

I think you will do fine, espically since your coming from NY, just as long as you have a lot saved. I just wouldn't tell ANY landlord of your intent to grow. They will most likely turn you down in a heart beat because of their fear of your tearing the place apart, medi patient or not.

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
Just be aware that Cali is kind of pricey for some things, but if you are coming from NY than you won't be hit that hard by the prices. Just to register your car it costs $170 for only 1 year! And thats for a '01!

170$/year....I wish! :character0110::party0033::boogie::sign0065:

N

NeonBlackFlag

170$/year....I wish! :character0110::party0033::boogie::sign0065:

hahah! Yeah tell me about it! I couldn't imagine how much it would be if I had a newer car. Back in NY I was paying like $100 for a 2 year registration...

Billygoat

Billygoat

early 2000. Big diesel truck 4x4. I guess they go by weight or something. I know the inside of the door says it weighs right at 8800-8900lbs. She looks good and get's great MPG for her size. She's a beast. lolol The government is broke, so they got to get their money one way or the other.
BG

P

psillyrabbit

move to clearlake for cheap housingand commute to santa rosa in cl you can buy a house for 35000 i know one with the power allready tapped lol lake county is next door to mendo as long as you can deal with the tweakers you will be fine

C

Coco4Coco

Another thing to consider is the Electric cost per kw from the local power company.
PG&E = Most Nor Cal *at least Humboldt* are major expensive compared to some other power companies.... and a difference between $300 compared to $1,200 by PG&E bandits
Can effect your whole bottom line with housing cost...
As for Humboldt... Landlords up here usually post NO 215 in their craigslist ads thanks to the publicity of news media... and stupid reckless growers with no respect...
So is hard to find houses in the area...
my 2¢

Billygoat

Billygoat

Man! Don't get me started about PG&E. For what I'm running and paying is total BULLSHIT! I would check into who is supplying the power. If you can avoid PG&E. Avoid them like the plague.

yes, you will see NO 215 like others have posted. Good luck and take care
Later,
BG

T

the Rock

Man! Don't get me started about PG&E. For what I'm running and paying is total BULLSHIT! I would check into who is supplying the power. If you can avoid PG&E. Avoid them like the plague.

yes, you will see NO 215 like others have posted. Good luck and take care
Later,
BG

yeah PGE is raping me also but not much i can do about it,i just pay on time and they leave me alone
how do avoid PGE in CA. other than generators?

B

Boulder

In humboldt everyone knows about 215 and wont let you rent if you want to grow very hard to find being a newbe you need conections. can get ride of it with out them. look at a bigge city that is depresed sac, redding, lake county its legal in all of ca. not just the emreld triangle cheaper east. I did it the Mexicans do it you can too. i see new cars in humboldt everyday Come out lets grow some of gods best meds. Peace And good luck

Billygoat

Billygoat

CARS! Try BIG TRUCKS. You know who's growing in Humboldt. Just look at all the big trucks with all the extra's.

LeroyBrown

LeroyBrown

heh heh you need a truck like mine up in Humboldt. beautiful place tho. I traveled through Willits, California not to long ago and came across a strain called Willits Gold anyone heard of it ?

R

radical farmer

Another thing to consider is the Electric cost per kw from the local power company.
PG&E = Most Nor Cal *at least Humboldt* are major expensive compared to some other power companies.... and a difference between $300 compared to $1,200 by PG&E bandits
Can effect your whole bottom line with housing cost...
As for Humboldt... Landlords up here usually post NO 215 in their craigslist ads thanks to the publicity of news media... and stupid reckless growers with no respect...
So is hard to find houses in the area...
my 2¢

It's crazy what PG&E gets away with. They basically have added charges for people that are growing! If you take a look at the map of where electric will get spiked if you go over a certain amount of energy used in the day, and you will pay more $$/per kwh. The map for these spikes is basically most of humboldt county! So much as plugging in your laptop will make your rate change go over, so these fuckers are obiviously figuring out a way to charge & rape indoor growers. They know that no grower is going to say shit about the price hikes, and just pay their bill like good little slaves. Thats the only way that they get away with it.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
yeah PGE is raping me also but not much i can do about it,i just pay on time and they leave me alone
how do avoid PGE in CA. other than generators?
South Lake Tahoe has great rates, Sierra Pacific. Sacramento area has SMUD, if I recollect their rates are also much better than PG&E.

Solar, wind, and greenhouses with supplemental lighting are the other options I've come up with. You will no longer be able to just run a generator without reporting the hours on it. Can't remember the new law, but it's gonna ding a few growers, to be sure.

C

chranotik

can't wait for free-energy generators to be released to the public, that'll be the day... sigh. seen some nice 3kw-6kw ones, just can't find where to pick one up.

J

JUSTJR27

whats up guys i have posted other threads on here about moving to norcal also lol i currently live in florida and planning to move my family to Mendocino/Shasta or any norcal city with relaxed mj plant limits in feb/mar 2011 hopefully some of you already living there can chime in with steps needed to go about growing I dont think i will have problem getting a mmj card I have back disc/ foot problems from my younger college football days and have serious pains almost daily with some days worst than others so its hard to keep a job when u can only go to work 2/3 days a week if that( Sucks Im Only 31) Been growing here for 7 years for my medicine and to survive but just cant live kowing police will be knocking at ur door sooner or later so decide to move So i need a place i can grow at least 70 plants at a time indoors (hydro) Anyone that can chime in would be appreciated I would love to live in the lower Norcal citys if possiable but if not its ok

Thanks for the response ahead of time

Top Bottom