Moving forwad in Oregon on Dispensaries

• Thread starter Jboys3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CobbCreekBob

we can only hope, you'd thought Jackson County Sheriff would have been voted out by now, yet............?!The club told me yesterday, the moratorium which is what you are hearing about is the one they don't want, they can fight bans and stay open, the moratorium is a stop right now thing. Im amazed that there is no more outcry than there is, 6 people out of a city of 70K can make or break things. The Meddy city attorney was on the news this morn, crowing about how they welcome the fight, not what a lot wanted to hear. Wonder how the Portland folks are taking it, quite a few in that area, they have had it loose and free for a long time, were they prepared, I just wonder?! It was also discussed yesterday with the club owner put the out in the county thing, Josephine County is for the whole county, I believe Washington Count is the whole county and yea, if you want to fist fight Sheriff Winters and his bringin in the fed, you could put one out in Jackson County. Im thinking the Douglas County/Roseburg area is the gem, you aren't hearing one word bout that area other than the grower problems folks have on CL, lol!

jaredman

jaredman

like i said if six people are deciding against the will of the people they will not last long. Sheriff positions are more corrupt in elections because of intimidation and brutal tactics that come with the power they hold. City council does not have this type of power. If dispensaries end up being banned all over the whole state what will the people have to say about that? We all voted to have these dispensaries open and it passed because of our will to make it so but we still don't have dispensaries because they are banned? It will not last.

C

CobbCreekBob

I'd say it pissed all over the legalization movement, and I think they will last while they fight it out in court for a year and two months, we'll have to see how it plays out, eh?

Kendo

Kendo

The local paper ran a ridiculous Op-Ed that got lambasted. The people are not happy to see their money being wasted by Dry Dick Asshats.
Wea are on the march and writing responses to Op-Eds. If you find em in local papers lets Beat the drum. We need to toss the BS scare tactics surrounding MJ into the trash.

C

CobbCreekBob

lol, you need votes, but good luck on the drum circle. Those bans are passing because of what people think of the mj movement or rather the medical movement in Oregon anymore. Dollars to donuts the legalization is off the ballot in November. Looking more and more like Cali every day, can't wait for the outdoor bans coming in a year or two, lol.

jaredman

jaredman

the bans are not passing because of what anyone thinks of the movement. They are passing because of what law enforcement and city council members think about the movement, ie less funding. There is no tax dollars to be had here in good old oregon from all this so it does not benefit the cities. The will of the people is to have the dispensaries, it already has passed, you can't argue with that no matter how hard you try. Trying to say that these places are banning because of the will of the people is retarded. By your logic the whole scene has changed since november? That is when this dispensary bill passed remember. So since then is when all these patients got ripped off and cash croppers started being greedy and disappearing with peoples meds. And since then is when all these people got fed up and changed their minds? No that is stupid, shit has been this way for five years. So people want the dispensaries because the current state of the system, that growers just do it to make money and not benefit the patient? they don't want to ban the dispensaries they have been wanting so badly. People want a place to get meds when something happens to their grow or meds. Also there will never be bans on outdoor because it is private property and not a business. The counties will never ever be able to tell people what to grow or not grow on their own property if it is not a taxable commodity

C

CobbCreekBob

You're being an idiot not knowing how the legislative process works, man. They are halfway there to amending the law! And those are your elected officials doing it! And especially disregarding what Cali is doing per bans, indoor and out. see, that's the problem with OR, and some of the growers, seems like they live in their own little world saying everything is ok while the house burns down around you. How far is Shasta County in CA from Jackson County in OR? f you don't think they are noticing what is goin on fifty miles south, you're just not thinkin straight. I never said it was the will of the people that was the downfall, what is happening is too many are sitting on their asses come election time, then wondering wtf happened when things go sideways! We hope to God they never close the clubs, that's for sure, for the reasons you stated. But again, as an example, as the 2nd largest card holding county in the state, where is the southern movement? Winters is that tough, I guess, can't get voted out, nothing ever changes. Now the Medford city PoChief is on board with him, funny how all that works out, eh?! It's not a good sign, imho.

jaredman

jaredman

I am not an idiot about how the legislative process works at all. WHoever has the most money makes the rules, PERIOD

C

CobbCreekBob

..........and the Meddy club gets issued tickets one week after the decision, but one week before they had their last chance meeting next week. Whoever their attorney is seems to be getting outfoxed by the popo and lil ole city atty. What a shame! and a farce. imo. I believe they have the big time Ptown attorney, or so I hear. Thought he had been at it a long time. Apparently not! Looks like the ruling by the state, is gonna give the local folks the power to do what they will with bans. We'll see what happens.

C

CobbCreekBob

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20140317/NEWS07/403170337

and now the lil towns don't have to worry bout it; the counties will handle that! Backwards

Wonder if there is any new ones opened, that completely complied with new regs?

they are all going for the moratoriums as some reason it can't be fought it court, hence the petitions starting up for amendment, but I suspect its a lil too late. Here's some of the other bans or moratoriums just from two weeks ago, the above ones are newer.

Cities with bans or business regulations that effectively ban dispensaries include: Cave Junction, Clatskanie, Culver, Dallas, Fairview, Falls City, Grants Pass, Gresham, Harrisburg, Hermiston, John Day, Madras, Medford, Redmond, Sandy, Scappoose, Stayton, Toledo, Wilsonville, Winston and Wood Village.

Cities with moratoriums include: Baker City, Beaverton, Coos Bay, Cornelius, Dayton, Florence, Gladstone, Hillsboro, Milwaukie, North Bend, Phoenix, Tualatin, Tigard and Sherwood.

Last edited:
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Im in cali but what bob says is true about the same thing happening here,cities and counties bans will prevail if it comes to court.You might gain some time as we did by appealing but eventually the appeals lead to federal court where everything is illegal and state law is inadmissable,YOU CANT EVEN MENTION IT,Automatic lose,you get it?
Jared,Counties will enact the same bans cities do so city limits dont mean shit,understand?The will of the people means even less,sorry to say.The city and county governments here for the most part are Anti pot except for the high population centers,they seem to realize that bans are futile and they try to control by limiting numbers of dispos.The answer to all this lies where it has always been,with the federal government and the rescheduling of cannabis.Outdoor has been banned in my area for a long time,everyone can grow outdoor fairly easily and inexpensively so its one of the first things they like to attack,they like to always kick the poor people in the balls first you know?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

This article is a year old but its probably what you have to look forward too if you try to fight the bans, trying to push the limits and not work around them one hardheaded dispensary owner,even though he was warned he could not possibly prevail led the city/county governments to the promised land and they know it,for every action there is a reaction and this one fucked alot of people in our state and now the ripple effects will go into yours most likely too.Amending state laws are not the answer,every time you make a move they will make a counter move on the chessboard,Much better to attack it federally and upset the whole chessboard then the states will have to fall in line but as long as they can fall back on the feds were fucked.

jaredman

jaredman

Great county we live in here where the will of the people is ignored and people vote on wanting something and it just gets changed around.

frebo

frebo

Great county we live in here where the will of the people is ignored and people vote on wanting something and it just gets changed around.
The state senate really dropped the ball and gave all cities in Oregon an opportunity to slow this whole thing down , when they should have been making the right decision. How many potential dispensary owners are left hanging with thousands of dollars already invested? What happens IF we vote to legalize in November? Is that what the senate is waiting for?
If it were left up to Southern Oregon(the only place you can really grow outdoors without a greenhouse) the "NECKS" here would never pass it. Northern Oregon has always controlled the state. Write your senators and representatives. Obviously the conservatives are yelling louder than we are.

I recently heard that other countries are pressuring the US to NOT legalize marijuana. President Obama is caught in the middle. Are there states in the south of this country that will never legalize marijuana?

Top Bottom