MPB Problems Root Rot

• Thread starter JMJMJM440
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

goodfella

what do you mean third death?iv iv had very bad luck as well but i blame the circumstances. should i be scared

O

ortsa

ridomil will solve your root rot problems.

this style of growing is always going to have root rot problems even in a perfect enviroment with high oxygenated water and low res temps

happens to the best of growers in dwc

cardrack111

cardrack111

do u have personal experience with ridomil?? the label says it is for field crop applications...not for hydroponics. Seems like its a one to 2 time application, would be nice.

O

ortsa

do u have personal experience with ridomil?? the label says it is for field crop applications...not for hydroponics. Seems like its a one to 2 time application, would be nice.

its systemic bonds with the plants genetics and fights pythium and root rot, you would use a very small dosage in a hydroponics application

about 1 eye dropper drop per 5 gallons of res.

i will warn you though i cant vouch for the safety of using it, It is used in foods we eat but thats not saying much..

if i ever had someone use it in a crop they would wear a mask and gloves and then leave the house for 12 hours after it is used.

J

JMJMJM440

Whats up guys.

The roots cleared up and the girls recovered great. I flipped about 3.5 weeks ago and everything has been perfect since. Hydro Fungicide works wonders, I cannot say enough about this product.

Although the roots cleared up....... this run is still semi cursed. I dont know if it had to do with the shock of the roots in veg but these things are popping bananas out on the buds that were left a little to close to the bulbs for a few days. These fucking feminized seeds can turn on you so quick.
I just ordered some dutchmaster reverse and saturator spray to help with stopping these bananas.
I just want some advice from the farm as far as anything else I should do. I have pulled the bulbs away from the buds that were affected and I am going to be constantly pulling the bananas of the affected buds. I just want to know, does the plant Still produce bud in the same matter just along with some male flowers? I cannot afford to chop the affected plants so I know I have to stay on top of the affected buds and pull bananas. I am going to let these finish out the last 5 weeks but I am just worried now about the quality/yield.
Any advice from you guys would be extremely appreciated.

aleYarok

aleYarok

woah nanners 3.5 weeks in?? make sure u dont have any light leaks during the dark period.

N

noone88

I have switched to running a dead/sterile res for my rdwc systems. The combos for flower are:
SM-90 and algen
Hydrogen peroxide (every 3 days) and superthrive

Both have worked for me and solved my pythium problems. I may be seeing a decrease in yield, but that's easily fixed by vegging longer

J

JMJMJM440

Yeah,
Dicks in my chicks. No light leaks, they are only showing up on the buds that were left way to close to the bulbs so it must have stressed the shit out of them.
I just wanted to know if anyone has any advice on how to minimize the negative effects.

Like i said I have dutchmaster reverse spray coming to me any day now so Im hoping that will help.

J

Jalisco Kid

I have mentioned this before here. I believe you guys would have less of a problem if you increase your nutes velocity and flow. JK

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Jalisco,
glad to see you stopping by the MPB forum. As one of the senior authorities on DWC, your input is always good to hear.

I have a Danner 2400GPH on my 5 buckets. The flow into each bucket is like a normal full blast garden hose. What do you think?

What's your take on the whole connection between DWC and root rot?:bubblez:

-TF

J

JMJMJM440

I understand the mistakes I made and I will be purchasing another pump for my next run.

Right now as part of damage control I really just need help trying to figure out this whole hermie thing. Now if I stay on top of the bananas and pluck everyone then I shouldnt be too worried, correct? I am just trying to grasp the concept of the hermaphrodite process.

N

noone88

Hermie.. dunno, it's just bad. If they start growing pollen sacks, it's pretty much gameover. It's next to impossible to stay on top of maintenance of it all especially if you're growing trees. And finally, the marketability of your meds will be very low.

I hate to say it, but I would start all over. Try to find some well rooted clones.

J

JMJMJM440

No can do, like I said.
I just dont have access to anything else so I have to finish this out. I just wanted to see if anyone had any pointers for minimizing damage.
Thanks again

O

ojjuu77

Applied the Dutchmaster reverse and saturator tonight. I have to re-apply in 10 days. We'll see if this stuff helps.

J

Jalisco Kid

Jalisco,
glad to see you stopping by the MPB forum. As one of the senior authorities on DWC, your input is always good to hear.

I have a Danner 2400GPH on my 5 buckets. The flow into each bucket is like a normal full blast garden hose. What do you think?

What's your take on the whole connection between DWC and root rot?:bubblez:

-TF

I feel these type of buckets on the whole do not move enough water,this allows the roots to grow into a thick mat not allowing nutes/o to enter. There are other reasons that I have discovered and put in my designs. I have found 2 inputs on the bottom pushing up through the root mat helps rcdwc.
There is a flaw in dwc/rcdwc and aero that soil does not have. I have tried to address it the best I can in my designs. It was something I learned watching Krusty buckets work.
One thing about our buckets is when they work your a king when they do not you feel like a chump. It takes money or a lot of time growing to cover our mistakes or design flaws. I would not try a bucket system with out the money to cover 2-3 grows. Suerte JK

aleYarok

aleYarok

i love that idea of two feeds on the bottom. i noticed my roots didnt really spread out and fill the bucket but where extremely dense in the center.

D

doubleds

root problems

The only thing i can say here is chill the water down..... low. Once i set my chiller to 62 degrees i havn't had root problems since. Target temperature in the mpb is 66 or highest 67. Water warms up alot faster in the mpb which is inside the grow room.

example. if you have your temp set in your main res for 68 or 70 degrees then expect the nutes in your mpb to hit 72 , 73 degrees easy. This is no good, root rot for sure.

Set the res temp to between 60 to 62 degrees and the mpb will only get to 68 degrees tops on a really hot day. You will do fine.

If you want a system that you have to veg for 3 - 4 weeks and avg a pound a plant then yes, krusty buckets are the way to go. I personally like 1 week of veg and 4 pound averages.

Northone tried 2wice and gave up, didnt give it long enough to learn 1 plant perfectly, he's happy with what he's getting though and thats all that matters.

dds

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

The only thing i can say here is chill the water down..... low. Once i set my chiller to 62 degrees i havn't had root problems since. Target temperature in the mpb is 66 or highest 67. Water warms up alot faster in the mpb which is inside the grow room.

example. if you have your temp set in your main res for 68 or 70 degrees then expect the nutes in your mpb to hit 72 , 73 degrees easy. This is no good, root rot for sure.

Set the res temp to between 60 to 62 degrees and the mpb will only get to 68 degrees tops on a really hot day. You will do fine.

Man,
I find that really hard to believe. My res temps were 62-65, buckets at most 2 degrees warmer. Fully insulated bins, and a cool chamber for the rez. My rot problem and others was tight in the net pot, just below the crown. Not in the bin. Hydro fungicide used all along. RO water, even UV sterilized. Well that was at least a couple grand down the drain on that run, just in electric alone. I think that it is just inherent with DWC, as nobody on this site running DWC of any kind has mastered all of the factors to stop the rot. Please prove all of those on here that have felt the sting of a complete failed crop, due to rot in DWC.

If you want a system that you have to veg for 3 - 4 weeks and avg a pound a plant then yes, krusty buckets are the way to go. I personally like 1 week of veg and 4 pound averages.

Northone tried 2wice and gave up, didnt give it long enough to learn 1 plant perfectly, he's happy with what he's getting though and thats all that matters.

dds

4 pounds with what strain? G13, NL, Hash plant are nice and all, but it is not in high demand at the clubs. They want kush, kush, and kush. That is all. To the best of my memory, nobody that I know of running your system got any more than maybe 2-2.5 on their best plants. As JK stated "I would not try a bucket system with out the money to cover 2-3 grows". I'm sure that he has spent tons of time with DWC, and should know how to master a plant and run a water culture system. I have no idea what northone's losses were, but by my math, that's at least 4-5k loss, minimum. I can't blame him at all. You really need to work on putting some effort out there to stop all of this rot crap, or be prepared for people running away from your system, as they have been for the last 6 months.

With that said, welcome back. Now prove that you are worth your salt please.

-TF

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Flak, feedback, whatever. To me it's just questions and answers. Mind you, they are 6 months saved up in the piggy bank. Sorry if you feel I'm beating up on him. I would call it a heated debate. There is no question, that the system has monstrous growth potential, and at a very accelerated rate. I know that there have been 4 pound trees from the system. They just were exceptions, and not averages. Still a 2 pound plant is pretty crazy to have indoors. My biggest beef is that DD got all of our heads swimming with the MPB fever, and then disappeared just in time for everybody to hit the wall with the system, and grab for straws on the true fix. There was no info on signs to watch out for besides checking your roots and foliage. I would love for DD's to redeem his once brilliant image here, by working through all of these problem grows, and helping people understand more on what it is to fine tune his system. I will be running it again in a short while, and we will see if I can ride it or if I get bucked off again. I am always game for giving things a fair shake. An expensive shake. But, I set out to run this thing, and I'm not ready to pull the plug quite yet.

-TF

Top Bottom