MPB test run

• Thread starter cardrack111
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Nice setup.
Looks like you got some good peeps in hear to help out.

M

mrdizzle

one thing I always suggest is it the roots arent swimming you shouldnt flip. thats teh reson I switch to the net pots, and I only cover teh bottom of them in 1/2inch of water, add about 1.5inch of stones and go. roots in 3-7day vs 2-3weeks in 3.5gal buckets. What I think happens is the water level1.5-2in up inside keeps the girls happy enough not to look for new water. I think they start wicking instead of hunting for water. but in the net pots when they go to look for that water they find it quick and swim right away Ill post a pic of teh difference

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
Looks really good cardrack! Where do you have your (3) 12k-btu window a/c units located, did you just set the thermostats on all 3 to the same temp or spread them out thru your temp ranges? How's the temperature's been (night, day), have they been steady? Looks awesome, good luck!

With these pro kush MPB guys helping out it's gonna make for an interesting and informative grow! Some really good info being posted in here, thanks guys!

A

amstercal

Those girls look great! Did you build that all yourself? If so, I know I'd love to see if you have any pics of the build. Looks amazing already.

cardrack111

cardrack111

my vision is not right at the moment. i really need to get a green headlamp so i can work during lights off. res change tommorow, end of wk 1. they must have drank 40+ gals this week, ppm and pH steady throughout.
:rauch08:

m_046.jpg

m_048.jpg

m_053.jpg

m_050.jpg

m_055.jpg

mikeross

mikeross

one thing I always suggest is it the roots arent swimming you shouldnt flip. thats teh reson I switch to the net pots, and I only cover teh bottom of them in 1/2inch of water, add about 1.5inch of stones and go. roots in 3-7day vs 2-3weeks in 3.5gal buckets. What I think happens is the water level1.5-2in up inside keeps the girls happy enough not to look for new water. I think they start wicking instead of hunting for water. but in the net pots when they go to look for that water they find it quick and swim right away Ill post a pic of teh difference

do you run your top feed 24/7 throughout the entire grow?

cardrack111

cardrack111

help

Walked in right before lights off, noticed one of the girls has weak, droopy leaves. It is the only one getting hit with 4 sides. ppm at 1350, im at 4 wks, 4 days right now. The other plants look fine, some have sides of leaves curled upwards. It looks like drought but don't see how. Should I do a res change a few days early and cut back the nutes?

help_006.jpg

mikeross

mikeross

sorry to hear, someone will chim in soon and I also am eager to hear the solution.

G

GBOOST

Some others with first hand experience of your strain might chime in but is 1350ppm pretty high for what most people seem to be running? And as Lost said, hows your roots look?

Ozzie

cardrack111

cardrack111

Some others with first hand experience of your strain might chime in but is 1350ppm pretty high for what most people seem to be running? And as Lost said, hows your roots look?

Ozzie

its root rot and i have a thread in the infirmary for it now. they seemed ok with the ppms i was running.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
still no roots poppin through on any...should i drill some holes on the sides of the pales? should i pull the sleeves off the 6in cubes? should i turn off the airstones(4 per bucket-easypleasie had prob w/ too much air hitting bottom restricting root growth)?, am i being impatient?

cages have been modified-row every 6 inches up now.

'sorry for your loss cardrack. now that all of us can look back . . . we should have spotted those sleeves and questioned the amount of holes in your buckets and the topfeed. i'm now surprised that lady grew so well.

oh, and yes, i'd lower reservoir temps under 65 and keep them there.

Papa

M

mrdizzle

looks like you saved them. Once you have the rot, pretend that you always have it until you harvest. weekly res changes and make sure that res is sterile and you should be ok. a tbsp per 150 gals twice a week and you should be gravy

cardrack111

cardrack111

almost wk 7

m_004.jpg

half ass room and every problem possible happened this run, lookin forward to a chop and a fresh start.

J

jakew215

still looks like some weight, sorry to hear about all the problems. so did you have five plants come through then?

you gonna switch to net pots after this run?

looks good, keep us posted.

Giddeon

Giddeon

so do you guys recommend taking the sleeves off the 6in. cubes when put into the system?

mikeross

mikeross

so do you guys recommend taking the sleeves off the 6in. cubes when put into the system?

I just transplanted some pk cuts that were rooted in 6x6x4tall cubes last night. I took the plastic off before transplanting them in 10" net baskets filled with hydroton. When I took the plastic liners off there were lots of roots on all sides of the cube and tons on the bottom. I want them to fill the entire net basket before I move them into the mpbs in about 2 weeks. I really like the 4" tall blocks and I found a local place that stocks them.

I put about 3.5" of hydroton on the bottom of the basket, place the cube in and fill the rest of the basket with hydroton. I make my nute line 1.5" from the bottom of the net basket giving me about 2" of hydroton between the nute line and the cube. I am planning to run my drip 24/7 through the entire grow, 1200gph for 14 plants. I am hoping to see roots pop out of the bottom of the baskets within the next 2 weeks.

When I transplant them into the mpb 1.5" of roots will already be in the water upon transplant.

This is my first run doing it like this so only time will tell if it works out. So far so good.

Top Bottom