MPB vs UC - what is the definitive difference? (plannng stage)

• Thread starter applepie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
shawnskush

shawnskush

My next spot I am going to be double stacking 600's and running 1k over each plant. I am gonna have them on a cycle though so the bottom row goes on first for 6 hours, then the middle row for 6, then the top for 6, with overlapping cycles of 3 hours.

6pm-midight- bottom row
9pm-3am- middle row
midnight-6am- overhead.

thats an interesting idea it will be great to see what comes of it!

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

My next spot I am going to be double stacking 600's and running 1k over each plant. I am gonna have them on a cycle though so the bottom row goes on first for 6 hours, then the middle row for 6, then the top for 6, with overlapping cycles of 3 hours.

6pm-midight- bottom row
9pm-3am- middle row
midnight-6am- overhead.
I'm very interested in seeing this.. I know there is still a lot to see with playing with lighting schedules...

Amber

Amber

those 30 gal drums would be sick if you burried them outside and put plants in them... I have yet to see a proper BIG bucket UC used under sunlight.... I think it would be SIIIICK..
Oh fuck yeah I am with you on this one. I've been waiting its gonna be amazing. I can't believe I have not seen it yet. Wont someone please bust it out. I am gonna hate it if I have to dig all them holes and try it out myself.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Oh fuck yeah I am with you on this one. I've been waiting its gonna be amazing. I can't believe I have not seen it yet. Wont someone please bust it out. I am gonna hate it if I have to dig all them holes and try it out myself.

Why would you have to dig a hole? Just wrap the buckets to protect them from the sunlight, and you are jammin. I would have done this a long time ago but I can't be outside where I am.

ttystikk

ttystikk

your greenhouse on a slope would be the ideal location for this. I would be happy to donate my design services to such a cause!

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

Why would you have to dig a hole? Just wrap the buckets to protect them from the sunlight, and you are jammin. I would have done this a long time ago but I can't be outside where I am.
I would want to dig a hole and put the buckets underground for insulation purposes... It would be a bitch trying to chill the water if they are sitting out in the sunlight... Put them underground and fill back in with dirt around them and bam, fully insulated... Plus I think it would look pretty badass to have some massive trees looking like they are growing out of sum grass like a normal tree

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

It just became legal to grow outside where im from... I will hopefully be doing a burried UC next season... 40 gallon square Brute trash cans connected by 4inch PVC, 2inch return line ;)... If it does happen i think it would be frickin LEGEN....DARY

Amber

Amber

your greenhouse on a slope would be the ideal location for this. I would be happy to donate my design services to such a cause!
Oh really, thats another idea however its like a billion degrees in there right now cause I dont have any power going to it. Its rocking watermelons mostly they are the only thing that seems to be able to cope with the no power thing, including myself I have foggers and thats it cooling it off in there and I come out of their soaking wet either from foggers or sweat every time I go in there.

Amber

Amber

It sure would not be hard to put the power back though. Its ran panel to sub panel just not connected.

ttystikk

ttystikk

It just sounds like your greenhouse needs ventilation panels up near the top where it can shed heat. They'll need to be able to close when you want to keep the heat in, of course.

J

Jalisco Kid

There is someone running my tanks in a greenhouse buried, I'll ask him to see if wants to post anything. A chiller is a must,even if you are in Alaska. JK

Amber

Amber

There is someone running my tanks in a greenhouse buried, I'll ask him to see if wants to post anything. A chiller is a must,even if you are in Alaska. JK
Right on I kinda figured the chiller was a must. I would love to see that but I wont hold my breathe I know if it was mine I might be reluctant.

Amber

Amber

It just sounds like your greenhouse needs ventilation panels up near the top where it can shed heat. They'll need to be able to close when you want to keep the heat in, of course.
I have vents with inline fans in them but without the electricity hooked up they probably are not doing the job like they should. The door is also at the top and that kinda helps. Its just been pretty hot lately I think. Or maybe im just getting old. Nah I'm a spring chicken til the end.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I have vents with inline fans in them but without the electricity hooked up they probably are not doing the job like they should. The door is also at the top and that kinda helps. Its just been pretty hot lately I think. Or maybe im just getting old. Nah I'm a spring chicken til the end.

Prop the door wide open, try to fire up some of the fans- and see if you can't set up a mister at the bottom of your greenhouse, right in front of the air inlet... you do have someplace for the air to enter the greenhouse, right? Vents at the top will be much less effective if air isn't being drawn in to replace what's leaving.

Amber

Amber

Prop the door wide open, try to fire up some of the fans- and see if you can't set up a mister at the bottom of your greenhouse, right in front of the air inlet... you do have someplace for the air to enter the greenhouse, right? Vents at the top will be much less effective if air isn't being drawn in to replace what's leaving.
yes the bottom has large inlets as well. I do have misters but I always get too scared to turn em on after I start flowering.

ttystikk

ttystikk

yes the bottom has large inlets as well. I do have misters but I always get too scared to turn em on after I start flowering.

I flower for at least 3/4 of the whole run above 70% rh. Kicks ass!

Remember, this is not too high in daytime heat. If it hits 85 degrees in there, even 75% rh won't be too high. If you succeed in this, the plants will take up much more CO² than if the rh is lower. This will help them grow more and faster, you will love the results!

ttystikk

ttystikk

I'm currently using the 5Gal buckets with the 1" piping also. Somehow, I find that it's nearly impossible to completely drain out the buckets during flush. Also, I'm growing a sativa dominant strain now so it's difficult if not impossible to lift up the netpot due to weight and height issue. The roots' constantly clogging up the drains. I think bigger pipping is in order the next time around.

There is no need to completely drain the system.

It is true that the roots fill the bucket. BUMMER, lol

To keep the roots from clogging the lines, stick your hand down the downstream side of each site and pull out that 'tail' of roots. That will solve the clog.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

We use 2 things to reduce heat in the remote greenhouses, white wash and spray it on the top 50% and we also use shade cloth that we pull over them. Shade cloth work's best, 10 degree drop but stands out more from the air. I did buy a surplus camo army net about 20 years ago and it was the bomb. Maybe you can use one of these ideas next year.

Amber

Amber

We use 2 things to reduce heat in the remote greenhouses, white wash and spray it on the top 50% and we also use shade cloth that we pull over them. Shade cloth work's best, 10 degree drop but stands out more from the air. I did buy a surplus camo army net about 20 years ago and it was the bomb. Maybe you can use one of these ideas next year.
Yeah my watermelons are the bomb, but I keep kicking myself for not doing up the greenhouse this year.

Top Bottom