Mt cup......lets do this

• Thread starter sanvanalona
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hotRod

hotRod

ideas for a score card
please add input

strain number ______________(write in strain number)

circle score (1 being lowest/ 10 highest)

appearance 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
(bud structure, manicure, resin)

smell 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
(no smell>intoxicating)

high 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
(no high>very high and continues to creep)

taste 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
(no flavor>mouth watering and lingers)

points scored _________________ (40 points highest possible)

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

I like the idea of 1/2 oz. per strain entered.
We are trying to judge several different strains of cannabis, not just hot box a barn.

I think BakedReality said it best: two green hits per strain. I'm no pro judge, but I can usually determine quite a bit in two hits.

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
ideas for a score card
please add input

strain number ______________(write in strain number)

circle score (1 being lowest/ 10 highest)

appearance 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
(bud structure, manicure, resin)

smell 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
(no smell>intoxicating)

high 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
(no high>very high and continues to creep)

taste 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
(no flavor>mouth watering and lingers)

points scored _________________ (40 points highest possible)

I like the score card... super simple even a stoner could do it...lol...great job hotRod....should we seperate smell and taste or make that one category?

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

That score card is awesome! I also agree that 1/2 ounce will be sufficient for this event. I do not think that it will be as big as the ones in the future so a half should be more than enough, also if we have 30 different half grams thats over a half ounce that must get smoked in an afternoon, time consuming to say the least. I am trying to get the day of the weekend finalized, I figured Saturday but if Sunday is a better day would any of you oppose?

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Glad to see this is coming together!

Good job on the scorecard hotRod, I think it is perfect for our first cup.

sanvan - either Sat. or Sun. works for me. But if we have it on Sun. I can go to Lebowski Fest on Sat. at the Wilma. (Yes, the Big Lebowski. Yes, I am a movie nerd.)

I'll be at the cup regardless.

How's the weather in the Zoo? I'm snowed in.

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
can u feel it....Its gonna go down...Hell Yeah!

a side note that is also orientation weekend for the University....so either day will also work for me just need a lil planning...but I will be there!

hotRod

hotRod

so how do you all picture this event unfolding
here is an idea to get ideas flowing

lets say 30 strains for an example
6 strains per table/5 large tables
each table has 6 jars with numbers
each table has score cards and 6 empty numbered boxes
for completed score cards
tables could be divided into sativa, indica, 50/50

each person sits at a table and takes a sample from a jar
then tests the sample
then fills in score card and drops in appropriate box
everyone will sample and score each strain

then we pull cards from boxes and count making sure each box
has the same number of score cards

then we tally up score cards to find the highest score
for a Montana Cup winner

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
so how do you all picture this event unfolding
here is an idea to get ideas flowing

lets say 30 strains for an example
6 strains per table/5 large tables
each table has 6 jars with numbers
each table has score cards and 6 empty numbered boxes
for completed score cards
tables could be divided into sativa, indica, 50/50

each person sits at a table and takes a sample from a jar
then tests the sample
then fills in score card and drops in appropriate box
everyone will sample and score each strain

then we pull cards from boxes and count making sure each box
has the same number of score cards

then we tally up score cards to find the highest score
for a Montana Cup winner

Awesome hotRod....like the idea...wondering if something between this and Sanvan's idea about samples pre-bagged and ready would be good. I would be willing to pull myself out of judging to help with preparation of dividing each strain.

Sanvan - you said you would pull out of judging to number strains and what not. I am officially offering to pull out as judge and will help prep the samples as long as I can still toke on them of course and more importantly still enter my product.

Maybe we should get more volunteers also.... or we could do a big prep time with everyone involved.

hotRod

hotRod

I think each grower should get to choose how you want your nuggs on display
I really don't want my nuggs smashed into small packages

I can bring extra to make sure everyone gets a good sample
I would rather keep mine in mason jars
so you can stick your nose in the jar and get a good smell

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I think each grower should get to choose how you want your nuggs on display
I really don't want my nuggs smashed into small packages

I can bring extra to make sure everyone gets a good sample
I would rather keep mine in mason jars
so you can stick your nose in the jar and get a good smell

How about having judges samples pre-bagged and then have a jar accompanying the strain that can show people what the bigger nugs look like! I would like to show my strains off in that fashion as well.

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
How about having judges samples pre-bagged and then have a jar accompanying the strain that can show people what the bigger nugs look like! I would like to show my strains off in that fashion as well.

I agree I don't want mine smashed either....but it would be much more effecient if they were pre-bagged and number'd for the judges

I like the idea of pre-bagged and accompanied by the correctly number'd jar for appearance purposes.

U

up yours

Sanvan I would love to be ther still I just don't. Want enter contest as a grower I will bring some to smoke out after y'all judge but I don't feel good enuff to drive to bozone I have a newer truck just no energy. Might carpool if availab?e ?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Id love to come but if you guiys are really doing this in jan I cant plan on that

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Sanvan - you said you would pull out of judging to number strains and what not. I am officially offering to pull out as judge and will help prep the samples as long as I can still toke on them of course and more importantly still enter my product.

I would be willing to do this as well. I also have a friend (card holder) coming as a guest, and am sure he would do the same. I'll confirm for him, but I am solid on any set-up or whatever needs to be done.

U

up yours

My patient wants my work in cup so I will figure out what to do I an do aota ,nycd, or my helmond cut that is all I am smoking any good drivers I have a 2wd only its comfortable am near zoo town

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

My patient wants my work in cup so I will figure out what to do I an do aota ,nycd, or my helmond cut that is all I am smoking any good drivers I have a 2wd only its comfortable am near zoo town

Yes I have a vehicle that has extra room if you would like to come still. I know that the date is very soon, is it too soon? The reason I feel the need for something so fast is that I wonder if we will be able to do this after next months legislative session, there are so many things up in the air that I worry we might not even have an mmj program in the near future. As for the judging, so far there are eleven entrants not including myself. I am sure this number will grow after I announce the solid date and location later today, and that does not include the number of people from the bozeman area at least another 7 major league people ready to also enter out there as soon as this gets finalized.

I think that this initial one should totally set the ball in motion for an annual one later in the year, sometime during good weather.

hotRod

hotRod

I am all about this cup

but damn if we all are going to lose our
jobs and hobbies because of of a law change
I need to keep my income its way more important than
a MT cup

maybe we should be putting our efforts into Helena
what do you all think ???

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I am all about this cup

but damn if we all are going to lose our
jobs and hobbies because of of a law change
I need to keep my income its way more important than
a MT cup

maybe we should be putting our efforts into Helena
what do you all think ???

I agree, but maybe we can kill two birds with one stone. One great thing that could arise from getting together is the fact that we can try to organize and see what is going to happen. In my opinion, we lost our biggest chance at a positive change in mmj on Nov. 2nd when very few people voted and those that did voted overwhelmingly republican. At this point I think we are kind of stuck in a waiting period, there are over ten different legislative proposals dealing with mmj from repeals to drastic changes. Something is surely going to happen, but exactly what and what there is that we can do in the meantime is really up in the air. I know the mmga is trying to do some seminar dealing with the economic benefits on Jan. 8th, but again I am not too sure what can be done at this point, the legislators are going to do there job and legislate. Ultimately, I do not think that a repeal will happen, but with some of the other proposals it may be very difficult for us to gather in this form.

I do think that if we set this cup/gathering maybe we can at least make the legislative issue one hell of a hot topic and from there attempt to figure out what if anything we could all do.

U

up yours

That is what I have been doing while everyone made money I was talking to diane sands ,the city attorney said my experience as a patient , caregiver store manager would only help the movement ,all is done that can be done I am waiting to see if my advice was takin by them or not if not all my belongings are packed except my garden and I have a new place in cali so I will go there and grt to work

hotRod

hotRod

Sanvanalona
I like it !!!
it is a great way for us to organize and meet each other

the state views us farmers and patients as STONERS
and not legit skilled workers or patients with needs

how can we change this image that has been painted
by these politicians that have brains that work like dinosaurs

Top Bottom