Mt cup......lets do this

• Thread starter sanvanalona
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

green stub

I'll make the road trip. Montana caregivers and patients only I say.
I'm originally from the Bozone, that would be a blast!

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

All. Mt mmj patients are allowed in cup correct?

Absolutely, my feeling is that priority invites go to the people on this site, from there I can guarantee 9-12 other top notch friends/growers that are all down to do this too, they just don't contribute to the site, I am sure many will follow and we can get to 56 real quick, I also like the idea of having the person with you also being able to bring one of your ounces, therefore allowing two ounces of each variety to be entered. I am thinking that it needs to be a limited number if we are not going to charge for it, if we decide to allow people who do not have product to enter there should no doubt be a fee, but fees and charging people starts to make the whole thing confusing. First and foremost I think this should be an event of like minded people enjoying each others company with the ability to sample some of the best product in the world, the next priority would be to make sure that the judging that goes down is done in an absolute non-biased fashion, hence leaving money out of the ordeal.

hotRod

hotRod

First and foremost I think this should be an event of like minded people enjoying each others company with the ability to sample some of the best product in the world, the next priority would be to make sure that the judging that goes down is done in an absolute non-biased fashion, hence leaving money out of the ordeal.[/QUOTE]

Yes > Love It
that is key in making the MT cup legit for years to follow.

U

up yours

I wish to clarify as an entrant to compete because non professional caregivers are every bit as good of a grower of mmj as any pro and maybe better anyways bro are you in town I have that male tahoe in a #3 and will azatrol and neem him if you want him bro and any chance you have banana kush well thanks for answering sanvanalona prace bro

M

mountainman21

Sounds like this could be great! We should probably have a meeting and discuss all the ramifications...up montana!!!

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I wish to clarify as an entrant to compete because non professional caregivers are every bit as good of a grower of mmj as any pro and maybe better anyways bro are you in town I have that male tahoe in a #3 and will azatrol and neem him if you want him bro and any chance you have banana kush well thanks for answering sanvanalona prace bro

Hola amigo, I am here in town. If you happen to be doing some last minute shopping or are in the area tomorrow come by the store, I will be here all day!

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
What up Farmer's? Glad to see the forums are blowing up for Montana...this is what we need...to let everyone else know we are serious bout our "Fire" here....

I just wanted to throw in my two cents worth or more...

IMO- I think it should be more private, seeing as how we are not getting any monetary value for this product. Then maybe look at the next years competetion and maybe sell judges passes. Then we could have a minmum required entry weight, but everyone would get some reimbursement as the judges pass would reimburse event costs first and then evenly divided the remainder to competitors. I think it should only be those Caregivers/Patients who are entering the event that will participate in trials. I think leaving it open to MMJ cardholders is to general of a category. I think it is enter and participate in this inagural event, or read about it in what ever publication to see how the event went down and what gear everyone is rockin' right now. I think we should really limit guests also to no more than two, but you only bring guest for assistance in entering more strains or adding weight. No empty handed guests.

I think the panel of judges should be highly respected in this industry and have a totally non-biased opinion. The panel should be no bigger than lets say 10-14 and they should be the only ones to get a guaranteed sample.

I think there should be a pecking order for who is guaranteed a sample

1. Judges
2. Cardholder who has entered
3. Cardholder who is guest of Competitor
4. then trickle down to any remaining cardholders

IMO- Sample should be no more than 2-3 green hits in whatever your chosen instrument is. Two green hits should give a good idea of the flavor. As far as strength....we are looking for that "FIRE" right?....if you didn't get any sensation from 2-3 green hits...IMO it's not "FIRE"

If we do this for samples I think some could scrape by with like 14g of each entry....think about it everybody... this is the first year... I think we are putting to much thought into it and setting the bar too high for the first one .

I still stand saying we need to keep this one private and small....let's set the bar.... set the stage...just do it and get it on the history books....and then we have a year to make even bigger better plans for the next one.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Baked Reality: i like your ideas, and I am on board. This really does need to be a private affair, just to ensure that it happens. One thing I think that we should not be able to vote for our own entries, make it that much more fair you know.
Mountain Man: I am not sure if we could all schedule more than one meeting the one being the cup. I think we should be able to organize everything via email or through this site, since it will be a private affair I think that we can get this done rather soon! I like the idea of sat and sunday, Jan 21-22. What do you guys think about that, too soon or just enough time?

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
Hell think about it...we can take the original peeps setting it up and participating....and for the future... those who made it happen are the begininng of the Montana Cannabis Cup Committee...and this would get us going in the right direction for a better bad ass cup every year....what do you think? we could make it its own entity in the future even..

kootenainatural

kootenainatural

Savage
Supporter
Jan 21-22 this sounds good il make sure to have gods delivery systym for goodness ready and just so you know im the only one he gifted it to so be prepared ha ha

E

easy

Great ideas all (except perhaps the "inviting leo" one). Conjures visions of that famous 'meeting' scene in the Godfather 1. :)
Besides it's none of their f'n business.

Best so far IMHO:

• Private and on private land (for all reasons already stated)
  • Patient/Caregiver only (with cards/id shown on entry)
  • Yearly (for proper planning/preparing/collecting)
  • During a 'good weather month' so we all can attend and enjoy (inside/outside in a park like setting would be awesome)

I'm not sure if feasible/legal but it would be cool to have a gram for gram trade plan for those that aren't judges and would like to sample others efforts and vice verse. Might be a way for us 'non competitive' types to spread some joy around and appreciate others. All done within current numbers of course.

Just my thoughts... easy

kootenainatural

kootenainatural

Savage
Supporter
I'm not sure if feasible/legal but it would be cool to have a gram for gram trade plan for those that aren't judges and would like to sample others efforts and vice verse

im sure patient to patient trade will fine

hotRod

hotRod

Hell think about it...we can take the original peeps setting it up and participating....and for the future... those who made it happen are the begininng of the Montana Cannabis Cup Committee...and this would get us going in the right direction for a better bad ass cup every year....what do you think? we could make it its own entity in the future even..

this is a great idea
a committe is perfect for future cups

hotRod

hotRod

maybe the commitee first (many voices making decisions and not one)

5/10 people at 100.00/50.00 each would give the Mt Cup 500.00 for awards and marketing the first year
with cash to start organizing the next event

the committe could vote on all decisions including what judges are picked for the event
-President (Organize and problem solve)
-Treasurer (pays, collects, record keeper)
-Awards (sets up awards and ceremony)
-Site Manager (locates sites and dates;saftey, privacy)
-Marketing and Entertainment (get the word out about winners and future events, refreshments and music, art etc)

a committee of 5 members would have one dutie
a committee of 10 would share a dutie with a partner

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
maybe the commitee first (many voices making decisions and not one)

5/10 people at 100.00/50.00 each would give the Mt Cup 500.00 for awards and marketing the first year
with cash to start organizing the next event

the committe could vote on all decisions including what judges are picked for the event
-President (Organize and problem solve)
-Treasurer (pays, collects, record keeper)
-Awards (sets up awards and ceremony)
-Site Manager (locates sites and dates;saftey, privacy)
-Marketing and Entertainment (get the word out about winners and future events, refreshments and music, art etc)

a committee of 5 members would have one dutie
a committee of 10 would share a dutie with a partner

I like these ideas....we are on the right track I think...let's keep it going

What about sponsors for the event? What are feelings on this?

We could set a VIP section up...set a cutoff limit for it of course....set a rate for being a VIP...The peeps that pay for VIP get to toke what ever is being presented to the judges for judging....they could even do a V.O.T. standing for Voice of Tokers judging....or just simply let them toke on what is being judged with no opinion.....would be more funding for the event

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Yes I am loving the activity here! I like these ideas, and I think for the next one they will work perfect, as we need time and organization.

I worry about the money aspect. I have been to the cannabis cup and it really is a joke, at least last year was, I would hate for our cup to turn into that.

Splitting up the duties would be great, I think that is something we could all go over either before the first event or even at the first one, get everyone excited and energized to make the next one better. It would be great to keep it a non-profit event, basically if we figure a way to acquire money we should put that money right into the event, be it food or entertainment. If we keep the first one private, we can then form a board of directors to basically split up the tasks at hand but also to keep us accountable to the whole spirit of the event!

As for now I have a location secured, like I said before its private and owned by a fellow caregiver/competitor. I also think it would be great to get some guarantees from people entering, maybe the strain or strains they plan to enter, and some ideas for entertainment!

cannabeans

cannabeans

what if....

i was thinking and wanted to chime this in...
what if for the first year... the only contestants and the attendees would be allowed if they were a member of this site! this could weed out a bunch of problems and would also bring more members to this site and the montana section!!! then we all could get chummy with each other and not be stressed out on logistics of an event like this.... the idea is obviously to bring like minded people to the event.... not to split us up!!!what a better way to bring people together than being a member of this site.

FLB

FLB

awesome ideas everybody. I vote I test the driver seat of the VIP. I want to make sure it's safe for the public. How about a little edible/oil/hash review section? I have a couple of sweet HMK ti's

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

i was thinking and wanted to chime this in...
what if for the first year... the only contestants and the attendees would be allowed if they were a member of this site! this could weed out a bunch of problems and would also bring more members to this site and the montana section!!! then we all could get chummy with each other and not be stressed out on logistics of an event like this.... the idea is obviously to bring like minded people to the event.... not to split us up!!!what a better way to bring people together than being a member of this site.

I like the idea, what if we also allowed other entrants so long as they are associated with one of us, you know being Montana i still know quite a few growers that are worried about logging in, they just lurk! I would want to be able to allow them, but maybe each member of the site can invite three-five other contestants and everyone can bring one guest?

Top Bottom