Mt. Everest Challenge

• Thread starter fishwhistle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Just got an e-mail from a buddy who i helped escape the grip of meth 16 years ago,It took myself and 2 other guys kicking his fucking ass(had to it was the only way he would go!)to get him to the hospital and into a rehab program,He was crying when we left him there but i told him he could do anything he wanted if he kicked the habit and i asked him what he had always wanted to do and his answer to me that day was ''id like to climb Mt Everest'',I never really gave it much thought as he was also telling me bikers were tunneling under his houseo_O at the time,lol.Anyways hes been meth free since then and sometime in the last couple days he made his first attempt on Mt Everest and he made it to within 300-400 ft of the summit before his sherpas called the climb due to bad weather!He has been in nepal for about a month and a half preparing and getting acclimated for the ascent but its a short season and its not looking like he will have another shot this year but he will be back next year,not bad for a 64 year old!Heres to you willie,bring me back some nepalese temple balls bro.
Where theres a will theres a way if you really want to make something happen!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Way cool not many make it.....meaning beating that meth monkey...

ttystikk

ttystikk

300 feet short of the summit of Everest is a lot closer than most get. I hope he's still your friend- people who beat meth and go on to do great things are usually good people!

Congratulate him for us!

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Three cheers for homeboy! What an awesome accomplishment! That's something his progeny can chest-thump about forevermore.

And I guess the Everest thing is cool too.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Just got an e-mail from a buddy who i helped escape the grip of meth 16 years ago,It took myself and 2 other guys kicking his fucking ass(had to it was the only way he would go!)to get him to the hospital and into a rehab program,He was crying when we left him there but i told him he could do anything he wanted if he kicked the habit and i asked him what he had always wanted to do and his answer to me that day was ''id like to climb Mt Everest'',I never really gave it much thought as he was also telling me bikers were tunneling under his houseo_O at the time,lol.Anyways hes been meth free since then and sometime in the last couple days he made his first attempt on Mt Everest and he made it to within 300-400 ft of the summit before his sherpas called the climb due to bad weather!He has been in nepal for about a month and a half preparing and getting acclimated for the ascent but its a short season and its not looking like he will have another shot this year but he will be back next year,not bad for a 64 year old!Heres to you willie,bring me back some nepalese temple balls bro.
Where theres a will theres a way if you really want to make something happen!
Wow! Now, he wasn't involved in that huge fight up there I just read about, was he...?

Few tweaker success stories, glad to read one.

putembk

putembk

I love to climb mountains. Only have done it in Colo though. A fourteener is nothing like some of the highest in the world though. Hole different world up there. Congrats to your buddy FW he has conquered more than meth. Matter of fact...it might have saved his life. I know I am weird but I love the sensation (high) you feel from oxygen starvation.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Talked to his wife last night sea,not much info from him yet hes still up high at a base camp but he was above the other climbers in another group,he was in camp with them though.Apparently it gets a little crazy at elevation kinda like nitrogen narcosis while diving,people do crazy shit,just go sit down and freeze to death etc etc.I hope he gets another chance because it costs ALOT of money and according to his wife he already spent more than than he should have.Very little info to go on,communication is rough there,to be honest i had no idea that he was even there until my buddy called urging me to check my email.Chickenman,I know he is carrying some kind of coin from AA for being clean to be left at the summit,No meth,no alcohol,not even any weed!

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Put,ive done Mt.whitney here,14,505 and san gorgonio,11503,which is the view out my front window and that is about as much as i can claim.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Whitney's the highest peak in the contiguous 48. Pretty surprising given the Rockies and all. I'll be interested to hear more about that brawl. All the Tenzig Norgays said it was the foreigners (unnamed nationalities) who started it.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
A smaller team of Swiss climbers is what I heard. I think the sherpas should just say 'No, you can't climb our mountain anymore until you clean up all of your shit.' I'm so fucking tired of humans (mostly the white ones) ruining everything they touch.
Trash on EverestTrash on Everest2Trash on Everest3

putembk

putembk

Anybody in Colorado up for a fourteener? Torres, Bierstadt or Grays Peak are all pretty simple. Best time is in August. I like to start about 1:00 under a full moon so I can reach the summit at sunrise. Nothing like sitting at 14,000 smoking a bowl and enjoying the sun coming up. PButter, you are right, we are pigs and ruining the earth.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
I have no interest in doing the deal with masses of people around. I usually hit up thirteeners and find that me and one other are on the trail. Wildlife. No (fucking) humans..

That being said, yeah, I'll go- count me in.

putembk

putembk

I have no interest in doing the deal with masses of people around. I usually hit up thirteeners and find that me and one other are on the trail. Wildlife. No (fucking) humans..

That being said, yeah, I'll go- count me in.
Solitude, my best friend. That is exactly why I like fly fishing soooo much. It's better done alone. Don't mind going out with somebody just stay away while I am fishing. Plenty of time to get baked and solve the worlds problems on the way up and back.
Used to hike with my brother and his lab. Love the dog but he would scare everything away for miles. Now, go alone mostly and it's amazing what nature will show you if you take the time to observe what is going on around you. No peeps at 1:00 in the morning PButter.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Have fun I prefer fly fishing, addicted,.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Anybody in Colorado up for a fourteener? Torres, Bierstadt or Grays Peak are all pretty simple. Best time is in August. I like to start about 1:00 under a full moon so I can reach the summit at sunrise. Nothing like sitting at 14,000 smoking a bowl and enjoying the sun coming up. PButter, you are right, we are pigs and ruining the earth.
Yes sir. I've done 36 of 52 so far. Drank a beer on top of 14 of them...

vaporedout

vaporedout

good story..... im watching a co-worker slowly deteriorate his life with that crap. ive offered help and tried to understand what hes going through, but ive only smoked weed and cigs, never done anything else so i have no idea how hard it is.... seeing that the boss is an old buddy of all of ours, it may be a kick-his-ass situation here also.

putembk

putembk

Puffed on top of all o them
What is a good centrally located (fairly easy) one so maybe a small group of us do it. Still thinking August is best, less weather and the snow will be gone. A full moon and NO FUCKING WIND. Can see perfect as long as the sky isn't over cast. Starts getting light about 3 at that altitude. Ill bring the pot, you can carry the beer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom