Mt. Everest Challenge

• Thread starter fishwhistle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

There is a great book on Mt Everest called "Ghosts of Everest,the search for mallory and irvine" that is awesome,they actually go and search and find george mallorys body lost since 1924,like i said LOTS of bodies on that mountain and due to the climate they are preserved very well,here is a youtube video of when they found the body after 75 years being lost.
There is a story in the book about a chinese climber who gets tired and goes and sits down to take a rest(A big no no)on a rock ledge,as hes sitting there he looks over and there is a perfectly preserved body of a guy sitting right next to him,Eyes open just frozen and staring off in space,needless to say he gets right up and keeps truckin,lol,crazy place,he died in an avalanche the next day.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It's touching that they 'buried' his remains and said a prayer over his body and for his soul.

But, I've seen a few photos of what's been happening on Everest and it's been trashed, just completely trashed, and I think it's criminal. And seeing that confirms for me that there will be some places on this earth I will not see, because my impact is more of an affect on the place than I want to leave. I believe there should be some places on this Earth that we should leave alone, pristine, and they shouldn't only be at the bottom of the sea.

That doesn't even address the issue of those who go up there just to die. I mean, it's great that they can, but just because you can't doesn't mean you should.

sky high

sky high

Bravo, sea. If you can't pack out what you took in, you have no reason being there in the first place. I don't care >where< it is. I see little glory in >buying an ascent<, which is what many richies are doin on that hill.

Thankfully we have preserved some wilderness here in the US and such bullshit isn't tolerated.

putembk

putembk

Why is it that only old fucks get pissed off at people who litter. I live near a school and the trash is annoying at the least. I do believe Coloradoans are pretty conscience as a whole though looking at what I have seen in other parts of the country and especially the Caribbean. Have read about Everest and imagine other similar places are as bad as well. We as a race are such pigs and unfortunately we don't care. DON'T FORGET TO THROW A LIT CIGARETTE BUT OUT THE WINDOW THIS SUMMER.....IT'S ONLY A FRICKEN DROUGHT.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh, the diving in Puerto Rico is TERRIBLE, and you wanna know why? Because, they've trashed and polluted the FUCK out of their local seas. Just another example.

Top Bottom