Multi Strains of Fire, Sporty's New 4by & Journal

• Thread starter sportyridr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sportyridr

sportyridr

Hey everyone, I'm whippin up a new journal, got some new stuff, mostly things just got a bit larger so I thought a new journal was in order.

Went with a 4 x 4 x 80 Viparspectra tent. This was the 3rd one I ordered, all were different brands. They are all crap in this price range. Got tired of sending them back. Don't need the best tent just a bigger one as the room is dark anyway and I light with green light if I enter. That said a hint of quality would be nice nowadays for a reasonable price.

Two SideKing 250's(240w) LED's plus my old Kingbrite 240w LED for 720w total. Someday I'll maybe spend a few $$$ on lights. Today isn't that day...lol...

AC Infinity T6 w/ Controller 67
I am one of the 5 recent winners of the AC Infinity UIS setup. Not received anything yet as things are on back order. I plan to try and incorporate as much of it in my setup as I currently can. Thank you again @ACINFINITYINC

3 x 3 Low Tide Drain Tray.
Danby Portable AC
Hisense Dehuey
6l Humidifier
Inkbird Heat & RH Controllers
Small Corner Fans
8" Carbon Filter
Vivosun 400 gph pump
Aquaneat 80 gph x2 (res stir pump & runoff tray pump)
5 gal reservoir (yep, make fresh nutes on the daily)
DIG 12 port Manifold x2 (better have a backup)
1/2" Raindrip Pressure Regulator
3/16" Black Aquarium Tubing
Oodles of Smart Plugs

2 Gallon Fab Pots w 70/30 Coco Coir running DTW (Drain to Waste)
2 lines per pot currently, the two spare lines for heavier feeders in use

Running RO Water with Jack's 3-2-1 "The Recipe" @ 1.4 EC with any & all of the following at stages.

Currently I'm doin 2 weeks of GreensGenesBoost of 2-2-2-1.2mkp for budset + Growmore Calmag Foliar

MSA Alchemist Stout @ 2.5ml/gal (stop end of transition)
Mr. Fulvic @ .5ml/gal
Kelp it Real @ 1/4 teasp/gal (will be changing to Technaflora Soluble Seaweed Extract after this run)
DIY Hammerhead 9-18 @ 1ml/gal weeks 4 thru 6 (maybe just wks 4 & 5 for 7/8 weekers)
Mendocino Growmore Flowering Cal-Mag (NO Nitrogen) @ 5ml/gal Foliar 2x/week (stop end of transition)
Drip Clean @ .04ml/gal

That's it, no other add ons as of right now...honestly this "recipe" grows str8 up 🔥fire🔥 in my book! So lets see if I can make some more fire!!

Strains are: Twenty20 Mendocino - links

Snowcaine

Glue Sniffer

Avenue of the Giants

Snow G

Seedsman/Garden of Green

Orange Cookies x Nicole Kush
(2 seed pack freebie last year, 1st plant was a beauty. Hoping this one is just as nice.)
Last years beauty
Ocxnic

I started these five from seed, popped on 8/4 and was hoping to go to flower with all this new gear on or about Labor Day Weekend ish...I made an attempt to raise Calcium levels with some Gypsum I had (from my short lived soil days) @ .5gr/gal as a test. There was no issues and I raised the Ca by 31ppm (using Hydrobuddy). I then decided just as I'm going to flip to use 1gr/gal (62ppm) of Gypsum Powder. That was a bad call at 131ppm total Ca. I burnt the crap out of almost every decent sized fan leaf I had. I still think the gypsum was ok, I just overdid it. You would think after a few years a guy would think it through & quit doin stupid sh*t like that. The Growmore Cal-Mag Foliar is easy enuff to do. Gets us up close & personal lol.

So the last few weeks have been all about recovery and getting them ready to flip again.

I flipped to 12/12 on Mon 9/25 so we're off & running. Working to get a grip/dial in things as we're running about 5* to 8* warmer around 84/85/86*. than my usual 79/80* Wicked dry for this stage. 86* & 49% rh make for vpd numbers that are terrible so I'm struggling with RH levels during lights on. I'm venting inside now for the winter so I will get it better over time as I find what works the best. I need a day & night schedule for the dehuey I suppose, especially to deal with the heavy transpiration the last couple hours of lights on...whew. Too little, too much...always trying to find a sweet spot. The outside weather is so unstable right now with early cold temps, sunny, windy, way windy, then pouring rain on repeat so there ain't no keepin up with that anyway.

The Kingbrite LED driver is wall mounted outside but the two new lights drivers are way too effin hot with drivers inside tent past about 80%. Until I get it mostly right, I'll just turndown the lights a hair until I find the sweet spot for these Sidekings. The Kingbrite at 21" works the best at about 80%.

OK, enuff of the bs, here's the green stuff...

20220928_185116.jpg

20220928_184445.jpg

Snow G
20220928_184509.jpg

Snowcaine
20220928_184534.jpg

Glue Sniffer
20220928_184628.jpg

Avenue of the Giants
20220928_184710.jpg

20220928_184426.jpg
20220928_184858.jpg
20220928_184916.jpg

20220928_185024.jpg

20220928_185331.jpg

20220928_185116.jpg

Twenty20 Made of Honor strain last grow was a beauty and I should have saved for this run, it's some fire let me tell ya. Got more seeds, no worries.

moh.jpg

In a couple weeks I will be starting a @Dragonsflame grow from regs to fill the tent after this grow. Jeff @ DFG was kind enough to send me some fresh genetics after I ran into some trouble last fall. Thanks again Jeff. Also have a few Celestial Dragon seeds left I'll throw in the mix as well.

dfg.jpg

As always, I have plenty of other stuff going on with my edibles , tote grows, closet grows, regs, autos....etc.

Here's a few Auto Regs, maybe get a Fem or two?...Green Headband, Sour Lemon, Super 90...I can grow these little goobers here in the closet while still doing photos to get ready for next round...

autos.jpg

Oldest kids have asked for some "Loaded" Lemon Pound Cake, going to whip this up this afternoon as a test. If I do make it, it will be from scratch unless I find a killer mix. Plus I'll get the big bucks for made from scratch lol.

cake.jpg

These are for my out of state Daughter in law. She doesn't partake in the thc so they're just plain Jane. I'm fixin to send them out today for Sat delivery. My in state DIL can't get enuff of my 30mg/each Caramels.

Caramels

We'll see how it all goes. One Day at a Time!

Multi strains of fire sportys new 4by  journal 7
Multi strains of fire sportys new 4by  journal 10
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey everyone, I'm whippin up a new journal, got some new stuff, mostly things just got a bit larger so I thought a new journal was in order.

Went with a 4 x 4 x 80 Viparspectra tent. This was the 3rd one I ordered, all were different brands. They are all crap in this price range. Got tired of sending them back. Don't need the best tent just a bigger one as the room is dark anyway and I light with green light if I enter. That said a hint of quality would be nice nowadays for a reasonable price.

Two SideKing 250's(240w) LED's plus my old Kingbrite 240w LED for 720w total. Someday I'll maybe spend a few $$$ on lights. Today isn't that day...lol...

AC Infinity T6 w/ Controller 67
I am one of the 5 recent winners of the AC Infinity UIS setup. Not received anything yet as things are on back order. I plan to try and incorporate as much of it in my setup as I currently can. Thank you again @ACINFINITYINC

3 x 3 Low Tide Drain Tray.
Danby Portable AC
Hisense Dehuey
6l Humidifier
Inkbird Heat & RH Controllers
Small Corner Fans
8" Carbon Filter
Vivosun 400 gph pump
Aquaneat 80 gph x2 (res stir pump & runoff tray pump)
5 gal reservoir (yep, make fresh nutes on the daily)
DIG 12 port Manifold x2 (better have a backup)
1/2" Raindrip Pressure Regulator
3/16" Black Aquarium Tubing
Oodles of Smart Plugs

2 Gallon Fab Pots w 70/30 Coco Coir running DTW (Drain to Waste)
2 lines per pot currently, the two spare lines for heavier feeders in use

Running RO Water with Jack's 3-2-1 "The Recipe" @ 1.4 EC with any & all of the following at stages.

Currently I'm doin 2 weeks of GreensGenesBoost of 2-2-2-1.2mkp for budset + Growmore Calmag Foliar

MSA Alchemist Stout @ 2.5ml/gal (stop end of transition)
Mr. Fulvic @ .5ml/gal
Kelp it Real @ 1/4 teasp/gal (will be changing to Technaflora Soluble Seaweed Extract after this run)
DIY Hammerhead 9-18 @ 1ml/gal weeks 4 thru 6 (maybe just wks 4 & 5 for 7/8 weekers)
Mendocino Growmore Flowering Cal-Mag (NO Nitrogen) @ 5ml/gal Foliar 2x/week (stop end of transition)
Drip Clean @ .04ml/gal

That's it, no other add ons as of right now...honestly this "recipe" grows str8 up 🔥fire🔥 in my book! So lets see if I can make some more fire!!

Strains are: Twenty20 Mendocino - links

Snowcaine

Glue Sniffer

Avenue of the Giants

Snow G

Seedsman/Garden of Green

(2 seed pack freebie last year, 1st plant was a beauty. Hoping this one is just as nice.)
Last years beauty
View attachment 1287058

I started these five from seed, popped on 8/4 and was hoping to go to flower with all this new gear on or about Labor Day Weekend ish...I made an attempt to raise Calcium levels with some Gypsum I had (from my short lived soil days) @ .5gr/gal as a test. There was no issues and I raised the Ca by 31ppm (using Hydrobuddy). I then decided just as I'm going to flip to use 1gr/gal (62ppm) of Gypsum Powder. That was a bad call at 131ppm total Ca. I burnt the crap out of almost every decent sized fan leaf I had. I still think the gypsum was ok, I just overdid it. You would think after a few years a guy would think it through & quit doin stupid sh*t like that. The Growmore Cal-Mag Foliar is easy enuff to do. Gets us up close & personal lol.

So the last few weeks have been all about recovery and getting them ready to flip again.

I flipped to 12/12 on Mon 9/25 so we're off & running. Working to get a grip/dial in things as we're running about 5* to 8* warmer around 84/85/86*. than my usual 79/80* Wicked dry for this stage. 86* & 49% rh make for vpd numbers that are terrible so I'm struggling with RH levels during lights on. I'm venting inside now for the winter so I will get it better over time as I find what works the best. I need a day & night schedule for the dehuey I suppose, especially to deal with the heavy transpiration the last couple hours of lights on...whew. Too little, too much...always trying to find a sweet spot. The outside weather is so unstable right now with early cold temps, sunny, windy, way windy, then pouring rain on repeat so there ain't no keepin up with that anyway.

The Kingbrite LED driver is wall mounted outside but the two new lights drivers are way too effin hot with drivers inside tent past about 80%. Until I get it mostly right, I'll just turndown the lights a hair until I find the sweet spot for these Sidekings. The Kingbrite at 21" works the best at about 80%.

OK, enuff of the bs, here's the green stuff...

View attachment 1287056

View attachment 1287046

Snow G
View attachment 1287047

Snowcaine
View attachment 1287048

Glue Sniffer
View attachment 1287049

Avenue of the Giants
View attachment 1287050

View attachment 1287045View attachment 1287052View attachment 1287053

View attachment 1287055

View attachment 1287057

View attachment 1287056

Twenty20 Made of Honor strain last grow was a beauty and I should have saved for this run, it's some fire let me tell ya. Got more seeds, no worries.

View attachment 1287061

In a couple weeks I will be starting a @Dragonsflame grow from regs to fill the tent after this grow. Jeff @ DFG was kind enough to send me some fresh genetics after I ran into some trouble last fall. Thanks again Jeff. Also have a few Celestial Dragon seeds left I'll throw in the mix as well.

View attachment 1287085

As always, I have plenty of other stuff going on with my edibles , tote grows, closet grows, regs, autos....etc.

Here's a few Auto Regs, maybe get a Fem or two?...Green Headband, Sour Lemon, Super 90...I can grow these little goobers here in the closet while still doing photos to get ready for next round...

View attachment 1287095

Oldest kids have asked for some "Loaded" Lemon Pound Cake, going to whip this up this afternoon as a test. If I do make it, it will be from scratch unless I find a killer mix. Plus I'll get the big bucks for made from scratch lol.

View attachment 1287096

These are for my out of state Daughter in law. She doesn't partake in the thc so they're just plain Jane. I'm fixin to send them out today for Sat delivery. My in state DIL can't get enuff of my 30mg/each Caramels.

View attachment 1287102

We'll see how it all goes. One Day at a Time!
Wow nice clean set up & those were some beauties on your last run. I've not finished any thing under leds yet that get close to yours.....I've 2 GSC auto's I'm being gentle with now, I seem to cook the leaves a bit so I've got it dialed down to 60% for now....Nice to see you back with the growing...I'll be watching along.

sportyridr

sportyridr

Wow nice clean set up & those were some beauties on your last run. I've not finished any thing under leds yet that get close to yours.....I've 2 GSC auto's I'm being gentle with now, I seem to cook the leaves a bit so I've got it dialed down to 60% for now....Nice to see you back with the growing...I'll be watching along.

It's clean cause its still all new stuff lol...

I got tired of overcooked buds a while back and try to watch them like a hawk now. I try to stay right on the cusp of leaf edges slightly turned up with the LED's (Aquaman), I'm always checking & measuring these days.

I've got a whole pack of GSC regs I bought from the Strainly website back when I started. They were a buck a piece lol.

Thanks for the kind words!

sportyridr

sportyridr

Well it's Oct 1 so I'm bringing the Skeletons outta the closet....GO BLUE! beat Iowa
Gobluehalloween

M vs Iowa

Just happy it's not a night game, weird shit happens out there in Iowa at night
😱

Obligatory weed pic at random from Oct 1, 2021
10 1 21

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Very nice and beautiful plants!! Following along to see their future 😎

sportyridr

sportyridr

May live in Fla now , will always bleed maze and blue!
Never fails where I go, anytime of year with M gear on I always get a Go Blue from someone.

Brother, as you know i think, I'm a Canuck that lives in the US but chose Michigan as my team 32 years ago cause my friend liked OSU. I made the right choice...

Go Blue

sportyridr

sportyridr

Flower Week 2

The beginning of stretch is underway, Snowcaine & Snow G on the left are popping and the Avenue of Giants front right is showing she wants to stretch those nodes as well. Waiting to see if the Glue Sniffer right rear & Orange Cookies X Nicole up front are going to turn it on. The Glue Sniffer which is Sativa dominant per Twenty20 looks to be a shorter plant. So far it has a stouter Indica look & leaves to it. Leave em be for a minute, we'll see what the pecking order is going to be soon enough.

Getting cooler nights (close to frosty) which is in turn keeping my temp numbers down a bit all round and makes for happy plants & a happy grower. Last few nights were a solid 81~83* lights on but still having to run the Huey at 65%ish in tent to keep VPD number where I want in the 55% to 57% range right now.

Lights off has me running the Dehuey @ 50% to keep the RH to a 61% average in tent right now, Temps are dropping to 68* to 70* lights off as well which helps creates that issue. No 2nd floor dedicated heating nor do I want to plug anything in with current elec. & natural gas prices as they are. Last year I was able to moderate the temp pretty good by adjusting how far open I kept the 1st to 2nd floor door. This is kinda insane but it's alot cheaper & safer the putting things at risk running a heater regardless if the Fire Dept. is about 200 feet away across the yard.😛

I will say this, maybe it's just me but it just looks like most plants are ready to or could go deficient from Mag on one plant to Potassium on another. The Calcium overdose from a few weeks back knocked them for a loop. I'm attempting to keep all changes slow and easy while still pushing a bit and hoping not to p*ss anyone off. 😄

Increased feed by +10 sec at lights on & +5 sec at each 2hr feed to keep runoff in check. Average EC has been testing steady at 1.4 but each plant should be checked as I wouldn't doubt the cpl on the edge could be running higher. I'll get on that today at lights on, just need to put a tray under each to be more accurate.

🤔 Currently on Jack's Hydro but using GreenGenes's Garden Boost @ 2-2-2-1.2 MKP for 2 weeks. Thinking the Boost recipe with the elevated P & K are what are what's keeping those plants on the edge of deficient. I usually run this Boost recipe for 3 weeks, 1 week prior & 2 weeks after flip, so 3 weeks total. Then back to The Recipe @ 1.4 EC. until bloom nutes (Hammerhead) weeks 4 thru 6.

Any of the experienced folks out there have any knowledge or opinions they would like to drop feel free. Am I running this recipe too long. What do you run Jack's at recipe wise preflower thru transition until Bloom nutes. at week 4.

When I stop this Boost recipe I have two weeks before I add bloom, In the past I stopped then ran str8aight 3-2-1 + 1.2 MKP @ 1.4 EC for the last 2 weeks of the first 4 weeks of flower. What do you do? What are you running for this Flowering start thru week 3 before dropping SI, reducing Ca by 10% and running "The Recipe" str8 up for the rest of the grow tapering to about .04 EC at finish.

Another question I have is I see yellowish cream colored tips. Seeing this on all my grows no matter what. I usually will get any tip burn from the Hammerhead if not careful. I read on another forum (thanks at @Anthem for posting link a while back) to another "The Recipe" thread where Bill Farthing said that was caused by the "Mr. Fulvic pushing out N out the tips". I could be misquoting.

I only bookmarked the thread not the individual post and it's 30 pages long as well. Maybe @Aqua Man has a word or two about this? Any other Jack's/Mr. Fulvic peeps out there care to chime in? I want to hear from you.

Enuff rambling...Thanks for stoppin by!

20221002 185945
20221002 185959
20221002 190010
20221002 190032
20221002 190142

SI - Silica
FV - Mr. Fulvic
KP - Kelp It Real
DC - Drip Clean
20221002 201300

Screenshot 20221002 185340 tinyCam PRO

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The plants look great. Many ways to skin a cat but i like to keep veg ratios until after stretch. Then transition ratios but with higher K until close to the end of swelling. From there if you want to finish fast drop the temps and the N drastically.

i also found that P is most important during veg and through stretch bit you can lower it after stretch

Moshmen

Moshmen

Never fails where I go, anytime of year with M gear on I always get a Go Blue from someone.

Brother, as you know i think, I'm a Canuck that lives in the US but chose Michigan as my team 32 years ago cause my friend liked OSU. I made the right choice...

Go Blue
Yes think I’ve heard that story before and you def picked the right team! Lmao - just about anywhere your at in Michigan ur only only a few hours from Canada , Windsor being the closest and easiest to get to , used to go there to gamble and girlie bars when we were younger and didn’t need a passport to get in ! Lol just drive the bridge or tunnel from the dirty Detroit

sportyridr

sportyridr

The plants look great. Many ways to skin a cat but i like to keep veg ratios until after stretch. Then transition ratios but with higher K until close to the end of swelling. From there if you want to finish fast drop the temps and the N drastically.

i also found that P is most important during veg and through stretch bit you can lower it after stretch

Thanks for the input good sir.

I plan to reduce the Ca & N as you mention. The colder temps won't be an issue this time of year. Yep lots of P as well.

sportyridr

sportyridr

Yes think I’ve heard that story before and you def picked the right team! Lmao - just about anywhere your at in Michigan ur only only a few hours from Canada , Windsor being the closest and easiest to get to , used to go there to gamble and girlie bars when we were younger and didn’t need a passport to get in ! Lol just drive the bridge or tunnel from the dirty Detroit
Cue: All in the Family music 🎶 🎵

Those were the days!

SSgrower

SSgrower

Hey, nice grow going, MEN 20 is a good choice and I have seen Dragon Flame's work on Instagram, he moved from Hawaii to Oregon last I heard? I bought a Viperspectra 4x4 2 years ago and it's doing the job, my room is dark too. I will follow this grow as well bro Bolt em! Cheers SSgrower

Top Bottom