Muntent Bud Munchers!

• Thread starter Meakanu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Meakanu

Meakanu

Haha naw, but I’m not sure what they are, if their a issue and if so how to address the issue.
I’m 3 weeks into flower.
Noticed them on the bottoms of the sticky traps I have staked in the pots.
Photo is under 60X magnification.
I’m worried their baby Thips

Muntent bud munchers
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Haha naw, but I’m not sure what they are, if their a issue and if so how to address the issue.
I’m 3 weeks into flower.
Noticed them on the bottoms of the sticky traps I have staked in the pots.
Photo is under 60X magnification.
I’m worried their baby Thips
Thirps!!
Kill em all of them...I always have Captain Jack's Dead Bug Brew around just in case. I also just posted a thread about possibly using essential oils diffused in the room to keep bugs at bay..Thirps are a very tough lot..

Organikz

Organikz

idk if they're thrips or just some sort of soil mite for sure but i will tell you that if you ever have an infestation green lacewing eggs is the ticket. The larvae will not pupatate for 4 weeks. In this time they have more than gotten the problem under control as they are vicious. They will then turn on one another and cannibalize once all bugs are dead.

DGP

DGP

Thirps!!
Kill em all of them...I always have Captain Jack's Dead Bug Brew around just in case. I also just posted a thread about possibly using essential oils diffused in the room to keep bugs at bay..Thirps are a very tough lot..
I have killed them using Trifecta but it is expensive. So, now I make my own from essential oils (the exact ones on the label). However, then I add some brewed habenero pepper oil to the final mix. It takes persistence though. Once I see the larvae I blast em every 3 days. The nice thing about trifecta and plant oils is you can safely use them anytime even in flower. However, if you try the pepper oil they may need rinsing before harvest and I always wonder if that is hard on the trichs.

Now I do preventative sprays with a trifecta based spray and then I don't have to spray in flower.

If your in soil or maybe even coco you might try diatomacious earth (food grade). It cuts up the little bastards and they die as they crawl through it (like microscopic shards of glass). However, you have to reapply to the top of the media after watering. It is cheap on Amazon by the 10lb bag....lasts forever. Just make a squeeze bottle or use and old baby powder container to dust the tops of the containers and any surfaces you might suspect they are crawling around on.

D

Meakanu

Meakanu

I have killed them using Trifecta but it is expensive. So, now I make my own from essential oils (the exact ones on the label). However, then I add some brewed habenero pepper oil to the final mix. It takes persistence though. Once I see the larvae I blast em every 3 days. The nice thing about trifecta and plant oils is you can safely use them anytime even in flower. However, if you try the pepper oil they may need rinsing before harvest and I always wonder if that is hard on the trichs.

Now I do preventative sprays with a trifecta based spray and then I don't have to spray in flower.

If your in soil or maybe even coco you might try diatomacious earth (food grade). It cuts up the little bastards and they die as they crawl through it (like microscopic shards of glass). However, you have to reapply to the top of the media after watering. It is cheap on Amazon by the 10lb bag....lasts forever. Just make a squeeze bottle or use and old baby powder container to dust the tops of the containers and any surfaces you might suspect they are crawling around on.

D
So they are Thrips larvae?
Anyway you could share the essential oils and mix ratio you use to make your spray. I can order the Trifecta but it takes 2-3 weeks to get stuff shipped here to Hawaii. My wife has plenty essential oils so good chance I might already have what’s needed.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

D
A note about DE..I only use food grade DE myself and wear a surgical mask when using it..The shower to get all of it off..Just like bugs DE will cut up your breathing passages and you won't feel it until it's already done..:(
I posted a thread about the upcoming bug season, and the idea of using aroma therapy essential oils as an aid (peppermint, and others I can't remember just now..:smoking:..LOL)
Captain Jacks Dead Bug Brew is listed as safe for veggies and I use it during flower if needed.
So far my invaders have been confined to a few Gnats in the FF soils I get (spring-summers)..I spread Perlite as a top spread to stop the larvae and sticky traps for the flyers..If need be, I turn up the 430cuft exhaust in the 3x3 and suck the remaining out..I also saw a video of a super grower..using a small vacuum to stop spider mites..Yikes..LOL

DGP

DGP

I make the pepper spray from a pound of habeneros made into a paste in a food processor and then boiled in pint (may have to add water to end up with a pint after filtering) of water for at least 20 minutes with a cover on (or you'll mace yourself and others in the house). When cool I filter it through a metal mesh coffee filter into a bottle and then pour it into the sprayer with the premixed Trifecta. Spray at will but wear gloves, glasses and a respirator. The stuff is non-toxic but it will burn your skin and eyes and if you spray without a mask it will drive you out of your grow in about 30 seconds. Just like getting maced, It will drop you to your knees. I believe the oils really screw with the bugs exoskeleton but the peppers just seem to burn em up. I watch some mites and thrip larvae under a microscope and you could watch em struggle and die. However, this being an organic method it won't knock down all of them the first time like spinosad and some other strong pesticides but that is where persistence comes in. The problem is getting perfect coverage every time especially when the plants get big and dense and bushy.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...ar-tear-gas-em-like-cops-on-protestors.93627/

D​

DGP

DGP

A note about DE..I only use food grade DE myself and wear a surgical mask when using it..The shower to get all of it off..Just like bugs DE will cut up your breathing passages and you won't feel it until it's already done..:(
I posted a thread about the upcoming bug season, and the idea of using aroma therapy essential oils as an aid (peppermint, and others I can't remember just now..:smoking:..LOL)
Captain Jacks Dead Bug Brew is listed as safe for veggies and I use it during flower if needed.
So far my invaders have been confined to a few Gnats in the FF soils I get (spring-summers)..I spread Perlite as a top spread to stop the larvae and sticky traps for the flyers..If need be, I turn up the 430cuft exhaust in the 3x3 and suck the remaining out..I also saw a video of a super grower..using a small vacuum to stop spider mites..Yikes..LOL
I like the small vacuum idea. I will have to try this. I heard of people vacuuming but it sounded harsh. Maybe one of those mini vacs for cleaning computers and keyboards is what you are talking about. My wife grows food crops in some adjacent rooms to my grow and she generates a lot of bugs so I have to go in there a do war to keep the bastards out of my flower room. I use Trifecta on the food crops as well.

Meakanu

Meakanu

I make the pepper spray from a pound of habeneros made into a paste in a food processor and then boiled in pint (may have to add water to end up with a pint after filtering) of water for at least 20 minutes with a cover on (or you'll mace yourself and others in the house). When cool I filter it through a metal mesh coffee filter into a bottle and then pour it into the sprayer with the premixed Trifecta. Spray at will but wear gloves, glasses and a respirator. The stuff is non-toxic but it will burn your skin and eyes and if you spray without a mask it will drive you out of your grow in about 30 seconds. Just like getting maced, It will drop you to your knees. I believe the oils really screw with the bugs exoskeleton but the peppers just seem to burn em up. I watch some mites and thrip larvae under a microscope and you could watch em struggle and die. However, this being an organic method it won't knock down all of them the first time like spinosad and some other strong pesticides but that is where persistence comes in. The problem is getting perfect coverage every time especially when the plants get big and dense and bushy.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...ar-tear-gas-em-like-cops-on-protestors.93627/

D​
Ho bro! Thanks so much for taking the time to post this! Majah help for sure!

DGP

DGP

Thank you..
I just ordered the sample 4oz size for $5 to cover fgt..Highly concentrated and sells for like $35!!!:)

You mean you ordered a sample of Trifecta? I am amazed at how well it works but as I am studying and extracting terpenes for medical use, it all makes sense to me cause terps are what all kinds of plants use to foil insects, fungus and mold. So, the terps can be concentrated to do war on bugs and crud and I believe they cant go immune to it. I am studying the effects of terpes on health and from tons of reading I am doing from the National Institute of Health, terps seem to be just as important as the THC and CBD are in medical applications of cannabis.

Considering a CB1 and CB2 receptors it almost seems as if there is a plan for how we interact with this plant:)

DGP

DGP

Ho bro! Thanks so much for taking the time to post this! Majah help for sure!
You're quite welcome I love to help even though I have only a few years of experience but many others have paid it forward to help me. I hope what I am suggesting works for you as well.

Best Wishes,

D

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I like the small vacuum idea. I will have to try this. I heard of people vacuuming but it sounded harsh. Maybe one of those mini vacs for cleaning computers and keyboards is what you are talking about. My wife grows food crops in some adjacent rooms to my grow and she generates a lot of bugs so I have to go in there a do war to keep the bastards out of my flower room. I use Trifecta on the food crops as well.

I have a Black and Decker 12v portable I will give a try if they come my way..My big PIA is a freakin wild rose bush outside the window where my grow room is..Tried killing it for 2 yrs now with everything from a copper spike to Full strength Roundup (Not in Cali LOL)..Then come the Aphids....AND STILL IT LIVES! :(
One year I got lucky and herded Praying Mantis to the area..a few days later..Aphids no more and the PM took off for greener pastures..:)

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

You mean you ordered a sample of Trifecta? I am amazed at how well it works but as I am studying and extracting terpenes for medical use, it all makes sense to me cause terps are what all kinds of plants use to foil insects, fungus and mold. So, the terps can be concentrated to do war on bugs and crud and I believe they cant go immune to it. I am studying the effects of terpes on health and from tons of reading I am doing from the National Institute of Health, terps seem to be just as important as the THC and CBD are in medical applications of cannabis.

Considering a CB1 and CB2 receptors it almost seems as if there is a plan for how we interact with this plant:)
Yes, I just Googled Trifecta sample and up she came..$4.95 fgt and the 4ounce bottle is free..Love them samples..LOL
Have Dyna Grow and Nectar of the GODS sample packs too..can't resist..

DGP

DGP

I have a Black and Decker 12v portable I will give a try if they come my way..My big PIA is a freakin wild rose bush outside the window where my grow room is..Tried killing it for 2 yrs now with everything from a copper spike to Full strength Roundup (Not in Cali LOL)..Then come the Aphids....AND STILL IT LIVES! :(
One year I got lucky and herded Praying Mantis to the area..a few days later..Aphids no more and the PM took off for greener pastures..:)

I would be interested to see if you could win some battles on the rose bush with some of these methods. I also wonder if you used the Diatomacious earth out there if you couldn't interupt the life cycle of some of those bugs as well. I would be tempted to dust that rose plant down with DE. Since you are inCali it might work ok because you don't probably get as much rain as most places like here in the Pacific NW.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I would be interested to see if you could win some battles on the rose bush with some of these methods. I also wonder if you used the Diatomacious earth out there if you couldn't interupt the life cycle of some of those bugs as well. I would be tempted to dust that rose plant down with DE. Since you are inCali it might work ok because you don't probably get as much rain as most places like here in the Pacific NW.
Nah..I am in Northern Nevada..We can use almost anything here..LOL
I used Food Grade DE for de-worming my pups..vet couldn't believe how well it worked.
Bloody Aphids just came in hoards and like climbed over their dead brethren to infect that poor bush after I treated the entire thing and put a pile around the stem...

DGP

DGP

Nah..I am in Northern Nevada..We can use almost anything here..LOL
I used Food Grade DE for de-worming my pups..vet couldn't believe how well it worked.
Bloody Aphids just came in hoards and like climbed over their dead brethren to infect that poor bush after I treated the entire thing and put a pile around the stem...

I see, still a nice dry climate though, Used to wander about in the "Great Basin" area and what is known as the "Loneliest Hwy" in N. Nevada.

Top Bottom