Mushroom thread

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Gotcha... Those are growing right next to my horse manure pile... Along with some others.

I've been given liberty caps before... But only picked "blue ringers"... And grew my own cubensis.
Used to be able to get kits at the head shop in the Pike Place Market.

Last edited:
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Fuck I've gotten old...

IMG 20201108 155849227

beluga

beluga

Alright, @Dirtbag et al, you've given me an itch that powders just won't remedy.

I haven't grown in quite some time because, well, l have enough medicine to last the rest of my life even if I'm half-bionic and on a life serum IV drip; and all my shit's in moving boxes.
But... ovoid season is over and nothing compares to the fresh stuff for macrodosing. (I'll have to post up my psilly piña coladas sometime...)

I'm thinking of throwing together a post for a little crash course/introduction/grow-along.
I don't want to muck this one up with my tedious jargon, but I also don't want to contribute to flooding the forums with too many of the same off-content threads.
Thoughts from the community?

amekins

amekins

Alright, @Dirtbag et al, you've given me an itch that powders just won't remedy.

I haven't grown in quite some time because, well, l have enough medicine to last the rest of my life even if I'm half-bionic and on a life serum IV drip; and all my shit's in moving boxes.
But... ovoid season is over and nothing compares to the fresh stuff for macrodosing. (I'll have to post up my psilly piña coladas sometime...)

I'm thinking of throwing together a post for a little crash course/introduction/grow-along.
I don't want to muck this one up with my tedious jargon, but I also don't want to contribute to flooding the forums with too many of the same off-content threads.
I’m personally fascinated and would appreciate the “intro level” grow 🤞

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter

Fire it up brother!!
Make sure you post it in general gardening:)

FourthCity

FourthCity

Please do. You have made some of the best posts on the topic so far, don't stop now.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

Love the idea! When you start it tag me please.

beluga

beluga

I'll be sure to drop a link in here. I don't want to detract too much from this one because I think it's great already. I just feel like a bit bourgeoisie blowing up the thread with the excessive substance that I'm hoping that post will be.
Already started 😏 (in BB code on my notepad)

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Oh, hello there... lol, dont mind if i do!

Not bad for one spot. Lots of albinos coming up this year are making them easier to spot. Just look how much easier you can see them compared to the brown ones.
20201109 142823
20201109 143231
20201109 143810

Last edited:
Fudge

Fudge

Liberty caps are one of the few psychadelics that grow in all kinds of places, you might be surprised. They can be found in cool wet grassy fields all over the world.
Even in grey, wet, cold, England. Missed my beat this morning but I'm off for an early morning walk Wednesday try for some caps. My brain and ego need a reset

beluga

beluga

That's curious to me.

I'm completely inexperienced with P. semilanceata.

This is a neat read about the bluing reaction of psilocybin-containing mushrooms:
Injury‐Triggered Blueing Reactions of Psilocybe “Magic” Mushrooms

these structure elements are similar to those of anti‐oxidative compounds, such as flavonoids and polyphenolic tannins. In the basic and oxidative environment of insect guts, such compounds act as producers of reactive oxygen species and can thus create intestinal lesions, which is presumably their main mode of toxic action.

Basically, as I understand it (probably not well), psilocin converting to psilocybin acts in a similar way to plant-produced cyanide compounds to deter predators (or destroy them from within their guts). And, when it oxidizes, it turns blue.

What's odd to me is that P. semilanceata has some of the highest recorded psilocin levels. I imagine they have another compound that probably acts to counter that reaction... mayhaps. 🤔

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That's curious to me.

I'm completely inexperienced with P. semilanceata.

This is a neat read about the bluing reaction of psilocybin-containing mushrooms:
Injury‐Triggered Blueing Reactions of Psilocybe “Magic” Mushrooms

Basically, as I understand it (probably not well), psilocin converting to psilocybin acts in a similar way to plant-produced cyanide compounds to deter predators (or destroy them from within their guts). And, when it oxidizes, it turns blue.

What's odd to me is that P. semilanceata has some of the highest recorded psilocin levels. I imagine they have another compound that probably acts to counter that reaction... mayhaps. 🤔

Ive always thought it was weird too. The albino ones will sometimes have a slight bluish tinge near the base, but not a lot. Ive never seen the brown ones blue at all though.

But yeah, gram for gram these mushies are some of the strongest ive ever eaten. A dry gram is more than enough for a wicked trip.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You can see some blue bruising on the white one here. But again theyre usually brown, and ive never seen a brown one bruise blue ever. And ive been picking hundreds/thousands a year for the last decade at the same place.
20201109 181814

beluga

beluga

That's awesome. I'm honestly a bit of a weeny when it comes to hunting... I got a pretty wicked case of Lyme disease that went undiagnosed for way too long, so I pretty much stick to a familiar ovoid patch that doesn't take me through much tall grass in the thick of tick nymph time.

But yeah, big ol' shrugs to why libs don't bruise.

I imagine we'll probably be seeing more concrete explanations sooner than later.
Or maybe it's just magic. I'm definitely okay with that.
I think that research just came out last year, which seems kinda late for what, essentially, people had surmised for decades.
But there's obviously a difference between being like,
"Y'know... deers eat it, trip balls, and know not to eat it again."
As opposed to identifying the mechanics of phosphate groups and such.

My chemistry knowledge is high school at best, so I struggle through that shit anyway. Just lots of correlation and reading summaries.

Latest posts

Top Bottom