Mushroom thread

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
24 one quart jars with approximately 320 grams of grain, 310 Ml tap water and approximately 2 grams gypsum in each jar.
Soak 24 hrs Tomorrow about now into the pressure cooker for 2 hrs:)
7031369F 2452 4D80 B20A 86B6981CCD47

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
All 3 tubs produced .............. again, very pleased with my first mono tub experience.
I’m soaking these one more time for 24 hrs to see if they might produce a bit more.
A496107D F3AE 4666 8139 67EE1A0D4A91

Last edited:
FourthCity

FourthCity

Guess I should toss that one ehh?
My non expert opinion is definitely but those remaining fruits should be fine though.
Is there any harmful exposure from that tub?
What’s the proper way to dispose of contaminated tubs?
If its green like that I think the two most common contams are trich or penicillin, trich seems the most likely as its a common fungi found in most beneficial plant supplements (and you have been known to grow a few plants). Neither are harmful to people but both can interfere with the mushroom growth. When they go from white to green I'm pretty sure it means they are sporulating which can lead to a greater spore load in the air and increase the likelihood of contaminating other tubs.

As for disposal you can toss it in the trash (outside) or I've seen people place the used sub in shaded areas of their gardens and have some success with future flushes. I also saw one person get some pretty nice fruits by piling up their used sub under an upside down kiddie pool in their backyard.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Still going, very interesting how the spores are forming at the end of the life cycle.
Most are forming from the side of the amendment. The top growth is barely attached and when removed have no amendment attached to the base of the mushroom.
9B1C2B0B 3C3D 4523 8211 D4E2C5D351BF
A18B75C5 4C4E 4624 94AB 3552BDC98B29

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
They are quit magical in the way they grow.
It’s very rewardable and takes a extreme amount of patients.
I have learned quit a bit since I started this hobby.
I really enjoy growing these magical spores:)

Snaggleroots

Snaggleroots

Had a thought,
As far as disposal, if I break up my mix and spread under soil in grassy area in the back of the property what are the odds of setting these babies free back in the wild?
If you want to turn them lose.It might work well for you.
With spent bulk tubs and outdoor beds the more the better.If you don't break them up then the bugs will eat through them slower.I cover with straw.
I have also had good luck tilling in a bunch of tubs with more substrate outside and having big outdoor flushes. If you want to get into that a bit check out Tradd Cotter .

IMG 20200812 074920528
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Still going, very interesting how the spores are forming at the end of the life cycle.
Most are forming from the side of the amendment. The top growth is barely attached and when removed have no amendment attached to the base of the mushroom.View attachment 1085034View attachment 1085035
Next round, score the top of the substrate with a clean fork between flushes. Then do your dunk. It'll help keep more bodies top-side.

I've got some pan cyans and treasure coast jars colonizing atm, gonna do an outdoor trench with the cyans I think. Once the treasure coast are done and spawned, I'll do some g2g transfers to bump the volume of spawn up, and will probably end up picking up a couple 50lb bags of hardwood chips to make sure they have plenty of material to consume.

Will have to remember, though, wood lovers have this funny trait of causing temporary paralysis lol Stamet's and several others I've spoken with have talked about it.

Snaggleroots

Snaggleroots

Next round, score the top of the substrate with a clean fork between flushes. Then do your dunk. It'll help keep more bodies top-side.

I've got some pan cyans and treasure coast jars colonizing atm, gonna do an outdoor trench with the cyans I think. Once the treasure coast are done and spawned, I'll do some g2g transfers to bump the volume of spawn up, and will probably end up picking up a couple 50lb bags of hardwood chips to make sure they have plenty of material to consume.

Will have to remember, though, wood lovers have this funny trait of causing temporary paralysis lol Stamet's and several others I've spoken with have talked about it.
True thing about that paralysis, careful it sucks. Had a gnarly level4 on azurescens the other morning. Hung over feeling and slight trembling muscles for 3 days :(. The trip was rad though ;)

tobh

tobh

Supporter
True thing about that paralysis, careful it sucks. Had a gnarly level4 on azurescens the other morning. Hung over feeling and slight trembling muscles for 3 days :(. The trip was rad though ;)
I also have some azure spores, but wanted to run the cyans first. Plus side of running em outdoors is so long they receive new material every once in a while, they're kind of a permanent install. How significant was the initial paralysis?

Top Bottom