Mushroom thread

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snaggleroots

Snaggleroots

I also have some azure spores, but wanted to run the cyans first. Plus side of running em outdoors is so long they receive new material every once in a while, they're kind of a permanent install. How significant was the initial paralysis?
20-25 minutes knoting, stiff legs that were weak and unsupporting. I had a mild dose though. Not really a big azure fan (I love them, but yeah, so strong) . Cyans are my go to for a small decompression, let everything go. Allenii are rad though. Probably my favorite. Super clear headed, just as strong as any I've found. Really aggressive outside and easy to establish.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
20-25 minutes knoting, stiff legs that were weak and unsupporting. I had a mild dose though. Not really a big azure fan (I love them, but yeah, so strong) . Cyans are my go to for a small decompression, let everything go. Allenii are rad though. Probably my favorite. Super clear headed, just as strong as any I've found. Really aggressive outside and easy to establish.
Aren't the Allenii the ones with the gallerina look alike? The one that's damn near indistinguishable? I'll have to find Stamet's video that talks about that variety. Sketched me out from going hunting in the wild, despite living in the native region of a huge variety of the active varieties.

Snaggleroots

Snaggleroots

Aren't the Allenii the ones with the gallerina look alike? The one that's damn near indistinguishable? I'll have to find Stamet's video that talks about that variety. Sketched me out from going hunting in the wild, despite living in the native region of a huge variety of the active varieties.
Yeah a few Galerina can look similar to a few Psilocybe.
Just make spore prints. Purple, purple mixed brown, and black prints with a mushroom that bruises blue/green where handled should be solid. Always ID your finds through multiple places. Respect them greatly. Spend a few years hunting and you start seeing the differences. I always hunt the specific habitat for the mushroom that I want to find.

Snaggleroots

Snaggleroots

Another thing is a seperable gelatinous pellicle.
Some look alike are Pholiota filaris and Galerina marginata.
If hunting pellicullosa then know Galerina and Conocybe.
I think off hand
Hypholoma fasciculare is toxic with a purple brown spore brint but it doesn't bruise right where handled. Maybe some leratiomyces are a little toxic.
Really rad past time hunting mush and rewarding. Cheers

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Well it’s been a good run with these 3 tubs.
Contamination is starting to take over so I will retire these tubs this weekend.
Below is the 8th pull out of these tubs.
Was freaking great for my first tub experience:)
Remember all you new guys like me be beyond patient they will reward you if you can just be patient:)
9CD9E9D6 3D20 4F7E AFFB FB6333A03E5B

DavidMykel

DavidMykel

Well it’s been a good run with these 3 tubs.
Contamination is starting to take over so I will retire these tubs this weekend.
Below is the 8th pull out of these tubs.
Was freaking great for my first tub experience:)
Remember all you new guys like me be beyond patient they will reward you if you can just be patient:)View attachment 1087626
how much is there about an ounce or more, i are 13 grams thought bookshelves were floating

FourthCity

FourthCity

So is the estimated 100g of dry media to 10g of dried mushrooms accurate for you all? Will be running golden emperor.
Not sure what you mean by dry media. If you are talking about yields then people mostly say 1 ounce of dried product per quart of spawned colonized grains (cumulatively from all flushes) is acceptable with higher yields typically requiring cloning and isolation for consistency. The coir is considered the growing media but does not affect the yield directly like the amount of spawn does.

If you were asking how much weight wet mushrooms lose to drying then your numbers would be right, 100g of wet mushrooms would dry to about 8-10 grams.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Not sure what you mean by dry media. If you are talking about yields then people mostly say 1 ounce of dried product per quart of spawned colonized grains (cumulatively from all flushes) is acceptable with higher yields typically requiring cloning and isolation for consistency. The coir is considered the growing media but does not affect the yield directly like the amount of spawn does.

If you were asking how much weight wet mushrooms lose to drying then your numbers would be right, 100g of wet mushrooms would dry to about 8-10 grams.

I pulled exactly 25g dry per qt of grain spawn on my first flush. Cumulatively was closer to 2.5oz per qt over 3 flushes.
That was starting with the same isolated culture Aqua has.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
So best I do some jars then grain to grain if I want a bigger spawn?
There are a thousand ways to skin the mushroom cat...

What I did was take the agar petri and cut it up into wedges like a pizza, then i put a slice into 7 quart jars of grain and 1 wedge to agar. When those jars were fully colonized i used one jar to make 7 more grain jars g2g style, and used 6 of them to bulk to substrate.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What I did was take the agar petri and cut it up into wedges like a pizza, then i put a slice into 7 quart jars of grain and 1 wedge to agar. When those jars were fully colonized i used one jar to make 7 more grain jars g2g style, and used 6 of them to bulk to substrate.
And for the substrate what did ya go with?

FourthCity

FourthCity

Sounds like you got you agar issues worked out, what ended up fixing things for you?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sounds like you got you agar issues worked out, what ended up fixing things for you?
Nah, I havent... Ive put agar work on pause for now, and I just buy colonized agar for making master grain spawn. It takes a TON of the work out. Someday ill get to that level but for now its easier to start with pre-isolated, productive strains.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
The mycelium structure difference is wild between the pan cyan and cubensis.

On the left is Treasure Coast, I grew this variety years ago and found it to be a bit more visual than some varieties. Likely due to a higher psilocin content (and the fact my buddy and I ate a bunch of these fresh).

On the right is the pan cyans. It's not so rhizomorphic, almost looks cottony. Not sure if you can see that in the photos. I had read about cyan mycelium being a bit more fragile, so you don't shake the jars like you typically do with cubensis jars.

Either way, stoked to get some monotubs going with the TC's. Maybe another week or so before the jars are ready, then going to do a big G2G transfer into quart jars.

The cyans will be spawned to quart jars of wood chips, then when colonized, I'll be digging a large trench by one of the garden beds and will innoculate the trench with the wood chips. Fun times.

PXL 20210204 013143781

Top Bottom