Mushroom thread

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
So cool to see them Pin after a month of prep work.
20210204 112633

jollycanna

jollycanna

New,Gwan the keeper of the trees...available soon.
Supporter
So cool to see them Pin after a month of prep work. View attachment 1088182
mushrooms its all about himidity... and a lack of harmful things that attact the spores or just kill them... your jars are cool im old fassion find a bunch of cow dung and add it to the garden if there is a spore it goes off when the rain comes and it gets its enviormental needs... but i have taen jar grow buffalo thai it was cool but nothing has beat those outdoor hunted wonders. they use to have like 7 verities in hawaii but over picking and not respecting the life cycle has basically wiped them out. the patty in the garden was usually partially covered like when you pull back the grass to find gold... i assume a cow patty would work with a syringe but have never tried... just grow them under your pot plants dirtbag the shade and humidity down there should work great and the pics would be amazing. full budding plants with shrooms at the bottom of course only organic will do...

only purified water like 5 stage or distilled... no city chemicals

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Im trying something different and using unadultered shoeboxes, no fae holes and no dubtub, just keeping the lid on and unlatching it when the mushrooms get close to pushing on it. So far seems to be working just fine, getting a nice even pinset. I am fanning these twice a day for a few seconds to clear the Co2 now as ive read thats what causes the fuzzy feet mine had in the totes i didnt fan.

One thing you will notice @Aqua Man, is by using the cultured agar youll get a very uniform pinset in your tubs. Not sure if these agar cultures originated from a clone or just isolated mycelium, but they produce extremely consistent flushes.

20210205 132006
20210205 132027

Something else im going to start doing is pitching the Agar into smaller pint jars of grain first, then G2G bulk it to quart jars. Seems a bit safer of a bet.

amekins

amekins

Im trying something different and using unadultered shoeboxes, no fae holes and no dubtub, just keeping the lid on and unlatching it when the mushrooms get close to pushing on it. So far seems to be working just fine, getting a nice even pinset. I am fanning these twice a day for a few seconds to clear the Co2 now as ive read thats what causes the fuzzy feet mine had in the totes i didnt fan.

One thing you will notice @Aqua Man, is by using the cultured agar youll get a very uniform pinset in your tubs. Not sure if these agar cultures originated from a clone or just isolated mycelium, but they produce extremely consistent flushes.

View attachment 1088592View attachment 1088593

Something else im going to start doing is pitching the Agar into smaller pint jars of grain first, then G2G bulk it to quart jars. Seems a bit safer of a bet.
All those baby penises.

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter

View attachment 1088592View attachment 1088593

Epic bru, in your experience which is the happiest shroom strain?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Epic bru, in your experience which is the happiest shroom strain?
I have no idea lol.. Id say for sure NOT liberty caps, they can be seriously anxiety inducing if you eat 1 too many. Golden teachers give you the classic shroom buzz i feel. But honestly before this year I only knew about liberty caps and cubensis, thats the extent of my shroom knowledge. Im super green, i mean, Ive been eating shrooms and acid for 25 years, i just dont know a lot about it.

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
I have no idea lol.. Id say for sure NOT liberty caps, they can be seriously anxiety inducing if you eat 1 too many. Golden teachers give you the classic shroom buzz i feel. But honestly before this year I only knew about liberty caps and cubensis, thats the extent of my shroom knowledge. Im super green, i mean, Ive been eating shrooms and acid for 25 years, i just dont know a lot about it.
i was sandoz labs LSD25... ive had a few verities of shrooms but only the giggles n goodtimes a few times... most the time i feel i have to be n guard so its not that fun...

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
i was sandoz labs LSD25... ive had a few verities of shrooms but only the giggles n goodtimes a few times... most the time i feel i have to be n guard so its not that fun...
Between the 2, I wont lie, Ive always preferred the acid buzz. The key with mushrooms is you need to eat a lot if youre used to LSD. Id say like 3 grams to come anywhere near a true hit of acid. Eating a little bit will just leave you uncomfortable.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Between the 2, I wont lie, Ive always preferred the acid buzz. The key with mushrooms is you need to eat a lot if youre used to LSD. Id say like 3 grams to come anywhere near a true hit of acid. Eating a little bit will just leave you uncomfortable.
+1

When I was hitting mushrooms heavy, min dose was four grams. Often was taking 7+ dry, but that was after gaining quite a bit of experience with them. Anything less than three just sucks. I also found the majority of my bad trips were on the lower doses.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
+1

When I was hitting mushrooms heavy, min dose was four grams. Often was taking 7+ dry, but that was after gaining quite a bit of experience with them. Anything less than three just sucks. I also found the majority of my bad trips were on the lower doses.

Absolutely. With acid its one hit and youre off if its the real deal... But with mushrooms the sweet spot is around 3g's. PE or Libs Id say closer to 1 or 2 g's. But less than 2-3g on regular cubensis can leave you feeling anxious and uncomfortable in my experience.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
And dont get me wrong im not saying that cubensis mushrooms are in anyway inferior, you just need to eat more of them to get high is all! Not a big deal. And its not like eating more is harder on the stomach, ive puked on 1g of libs before.

But, some are more visual than others. The PE, Liberty caps, and pans cyanesense are all way more visual than regualar cubensis.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I like mushrooms more because they're easier to control but weed+acid is crazy. I only do that when I need to sort some deep shit out.
I feel the opposite. On higher doses, mushrooms take you for a ride, not the other way around. However, I feel mushrooms are abused in ways that acid simply doesn't allow. Groups of friends like to eat two grams and be silly. Whereas on LSD, not NBOME, 2C-x, DOX, name-a-RC, you can drive the trip in a much more controlled fashion, but you're not going to go gently into the night per se.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
pans cyanesense are all way more visual than regualar cubensis.
That's the whole reason I'm growing the pan cyans. And I have a syringe of azure spores -- the strongest cubensis known to man. With the introspection of a hero dose + even harder visuals, should be a cleansing window in time 😁

EDIT: Though that reminds me of the innoculation day. Cyan spores seem to stick together a lot more than cubensis spores. I was concerned I wasn't going to get all the jars knocked up because of the clumping. The mycelium resembles the same behavior, lookin like cotton vs stringly, rhizomorphic robustness.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I feel the opposite. On higher doses, mushrooms take you for a ride, not the other way around. However, I feel mushrooms are abused in ways that acid simply doesn't allow. Groups of friends like to eat two grams and be silly. Whereas on LSD, not NBOME, 2C-x, DOX, name-a-RC, you can drive the trip in a much more controlled fashion, but you're not going to go gently into the night per se.
So true. On Acid you hand the keys to the universe... jesus take the wheel kinda shit.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
somewhat related to the namesake of the thread title, for a while I was on the hunt for cultures of ergot. Not being in the midwest, finding fields of rye is out of the question, so can't go harvest it. Then I grew up and realized how incredibly dangerous that fungus is, but still part of me says "find a culture." you know, just to have it as part of the ethnobotanical garden.

mashy

mashy

I have been wanting to try mushrooms for a few years now but never had any luck finding any in the wild. Well, at least not any that I trusted enough to eat. Anyone know if it possible to get spores or mycelium (?) in Australia to grow my own? Or of any good groups in SW Oz that I can join to get some help scavenging?

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
Yeah I prefer lsd25 over shrooms... I did a pound of hawaiian cyanasins once in a sitting... I recall taking them a friend or 2 coming over then idk for like 2 weeks... lol

Top Bottom