Mushroom thread

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
out of some impatience for want of getting a better pic, and one from the top side, managed to get something clearer. for sure have germination!

PXL 20221109 053822328

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Albino Penis Envy. Particularly interested in the germination spot at 12 oclock. The fluffy stuff is a bit tomentose, but that one up top looks aggressive and uniform. A few more days of incubation then I'll start looking to make some T1 plates.
PXL 20221111 063657612MP

Psilocybe Cyanescens, aka Wavy Cap. Took its time germinating, but we've got myc going for this variety now too. Stoked to get some wood lovers going! There's what looks to be a bacterial infection in this plate at about 7 oclock, but it's on the underside of the plate. been there since the agar cured, today it's looking more suspect than it has though, so if it gets to going, i'll be making T1's of the mycelium on this plate (maybe in full with no sectoring) sooner than later.

PXL 20221111 063918264

Still waiting on the pan cambo plates to do something. Pretty sure they take more finesse and for my first ever agar plates, some casualties have been anticipated.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
For those of you just starting out or those that don’t have access to horse shit,
This is a good substitute for substrate.
It is readily available and I believe you can order it on line. The only downfall is it’s steer manure. It’s not as aggressive for spawn as horse poop.
CD4DAA34 4406 4CAD B8DE CA64471A9905

tobh

tobh

Supporter
i'm getting tempted to split the shed. was planning on just building a 10x8 grow room, but now debating setting up a clean room and fruiting room as well. Ordering a couple filters for a pair of 24"x36" flow hoods next week and rather be able to post the flow hood up somewhere ready to use than figuring out where to stash it when not in use.

can already tell (despite not using it yet) that the Martha tent ain't gonna be enough space once the various agar cultures get going and my overachieving ass tries to run too much at once haha.

Moshmen

Moshmen

What do you guys consider micro dosing? - after even short trip my anxiety seems to be more manageable so thinkin bout trying? Any suggestions ?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
What do you guys consider micro dosing? - after even short trip my anxiety seems to be more manageable so thinkin bout trying? Any suggestions ?
My lady and I did it for about six months last year using the Stamet's stack.

100mg Psilocybe Cubensis
500mg Lion's Mane extract (50x is what I got)
100mg Niacin

It helps her a lot more than me. I saw a slight reduction in how stress impacted me negatively, and felt marginally more creative. We were on a 4-3 schedule, so 4 days on 3 days off. Only reason we stopped was I got tired of hand making the capsules. It was super time consuming and there was no way I could figure out how to use a capsule press and ensure equal amounts of each component ended up in each capsule. If I could afford an automatic pill press, we'd likely still be doing it tbh. I'd spend an hour every two or three weeks making up enough capsules for the next couple weeks, hand weighing 0.1g and 0.5g, and packing it into the capsules individually.

Going on a bit of a tangent here, sorry. So, one thing I learned because early on I had this thought of, "well, fuck. I need to make n capsules. That means I need x grams PC and y grams LME. Why don't I just pulverize the PC, mix with the total weight of LME, and bam! use that." Problem is -- you can't mix solids to a homogeneous blend unless each component has the same particle size and weight. Basically, it's physically impossible for a clandestine operator to achieve such a thing. When microsdosing you need accurate dosing. The last thing you want is to pop your "vitamin" and end up with a mild trip because that one capsule was particularly loaded whereas others don't have nearly the same amount psilocybin. Hence me weighing out each component, every time, for every capsule. I also wanted to be able to put the niacin in the capsules, but 00 capsules are already fucking big pills. With 500mg LME and 100mg PC in em, there's no room for another 100mg Niacin powder. That's where a pill press would come into play, you could get all three compounds into one capsule, maybe.

Another thing. 100mg Niacin will give you the Niacin flush. It's critical to the Stamet's stack as Niacin facilitates the compounds in PC and LME bypassing the blood brain barrier more effectively, but fuck. About 20minutes after taking that Niacin, you'll itch, be hot, and be stuck like that for a solid 20 to 30 minutes. My lady called it "spicy skin." It's miserable.

TL;DR: worth it.

EDIT: Will add this: I have found much more benefit from using Rhodiola and Ashwagandha than I did from microdosing. Rhodiola -- you have to be mindful of where you source it from as it can either be garbage or fucking amazing. If it's good it has a natural effect of making you absolutely, disasterously ill if you drink alcohol. I much prefer it for a supplement to cope with high stress levels than anything else, including Ashwagandha as it doesn't have a weird overly sweet espresso taste and doesn't make my cock hard as a glacier.

Madmax

Madmax

For those of you just starting out or those that don’t have access to horse shit,
This is a good substitute for substrate.
It is readily available and I believe you can order it on line. The only downfall is it’s steer manure. It’s not as aggressive for spawn as horse poop. View attachment 1302013
Ahh. no wonder jap hats are popping up everywhere at my bros place ..he has horses lol..this is turning into a pretty cool thread...very interesting what you guys are doing.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Ahh. no wonder jap hats are popping up everywhere at my bros place ..he has horses lol..this is turning into a pretty cool thread...very interesting what you guys are doing.
jap hats aren't about manure. they're wood lovers. tis the season for their kind.

Madmax

Madmax

They were near his wood pile and in an open paddock.hes not u in the mountains but just below them.cooler climate too..gets heaps of rain...

tobh

tobh

Supporter
They were near his wood pile and in an open paddock.hes not u in the mountains but just below them.cooler climate too..gets heaps of rain...
that makes sense now. cubensis loves shit, but azurescens and cyanescens are wood lovers. at least the psilocybe side is. jap hats are the wavy cap variety and them love the wood. be mindful of the paralysis if y'all harvested any! it's common and can put people on verge of LEO involvement.

however speaking of shit. man, i need so damn horse shit. all the farmers that deliver want to deliver a yard or more, and i don't want to shovel that much literal shit out of my driveway. i just want to be able to grab a couple 50l totes at will. at least for now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom