Mustang II (Heirloom Zapotec Oaxacan Hybrid)

• Thread starter MARTA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MARTA

MARTA

From 2005 to 2009 I was employed by one of the largest telecommunications engineering firms in the world, Nortel.

Feel free to research the company's history, and in turn their demise.

During my stint with the company, I along with many other associates, designed and supervised the implementation of Multi-link Trunking and Multicast Network Routing Management Systems. (Say that three times fast!)

During this period in my career, I traveled to quite a few foreign countries.

My last project before the unsavory end of this firm, was the node restructuring of the Centro District in the Mexican State of Oaxaca.

Between February 2007 and June 2009 I was resident of Oaxaca de Juárez.

I have a hard time staying asleep for more than 4 hours at a time, which in turn has led me to some of the greatest experiences of my life. (Everything great happens after midnight.)

I'm a curious bird, and I do like to wander.

I explored every aspect of the district that I could discover or gain entry to.

In December of 2007 I visited Jardín Etnobotánico en Santo Domingo Tomaltepec. (The Temple of Santo Domingo's Ethnobotanical Garden.)

Here I was guided into the mysterious and later revealing world of Salvia Divinorum.

You're probably asking yourself, "What does this have to do with Cannabis?"

To answer your question, it's very easy to buy Cannabis in Mexico if your are not a local…

But, It is not very easy to find cannabis that the indigenous locals would actually use for divination purposes. (The really good shit.)

To make a really long story short, after several ceremonies with a Xicani priest, I was introduced to one of the garden's caretakers…

It's interesting to say the least what has gone on in that area of the world over the last 600 years…

A very dynamic mixed-blend of indigenous and modern cultures.

For instance, the absolute refusal to use industrialized farming equipment for production of divine plants, but, we can all hop in the Volkswagen Beetle to travel quickly to the temple for a ceremony.

Confusing, at times, but a great set of experiences none the less.

Over almost three years I collected some of the most divine genetics available in that region of Mexico.

I returned to the states with around 400 Cannabis seeds of 18 varieties and 2 varieties of Salvia Divinorum in clone form.

Since I returned I have worked with 3 of the Cannabis varieties. (Two Sativas & One Hybrid previously thought by me to be a pure Indica. (It was wide and bushy outdoors)

The two Sativa varieties are not quite suited for indoor environments, so the work on these has been discontinued for now. (I still have seeds remaining of these varieties.)

Here is a small journal of the Hybrid variety, It's creator and I have dubbed Mustang II.

MUSTANG-II-A.jpg

MUSTANG-II-B.jpg

Mustang II = Lowland Indica x Highland Sativa

MARTA

MARTA

I collected 22 seeds from this plant.

I sowed 10 seeds, 6 seedlings surfaced...

I still have 12 seeds remaining...

MEX-SEEDS-1.jpg

MEX-SEEDS-2.jpg

So, this is what I got...

A-1

MEX-A-1.jpg

A-2

MEX-A-2.jpg

B-1

MEX-B-1.jpg

B-2

MEX-B-2.jpg

C-1

MEX-C-1.jpg

C-2

MEX-C-2.jpg

D-1

MEX-D-1.jpg

D-2

MEX-D-2.jpg

E-1

MEX-E-1.jpg

E-2

MEX-E-2.jpg

F-1

MEX-F-1.jpg

F-2

MEX-F-2.jpg

Plant "A" is male.

Plant "B" is female.

Plant "B" has a VERY strong aroma...

Plant "B" smells like someone doused a skunk in cheap gasoline, and set it on fire!

Plant "C" is female.

Plant "D" is female.

Plant "E" is male.

Plant "D" is female.

These seeds were 4.75 years old, and were stored in a Ziploc in a desk drawer for 3.5 years, then into the fridge they went.

6 out of 10 isn't bad, but isn't great either.

MARTA

MARTA

After all 6 of the seedlings showed their sex, each was topped to provide more branches to take clones from.

Here are some up-close shots of the leaf details that were expressed by each seedling.

A-1

MEX-LEAF-A-1.jpg

A-2

MEX-LEAF-A-2.jpg

B-1

MEX-LEAF-B-1.jpg

B-2

MEX-LEAF-B-2.jpg

C-1

MEX-LEAF-C-1.jpg

C-2

MEX-LEAF-C-2.jpg

D-1

MEX-LEAF-D-1.jpg

D-2

MEX-LEAF-D-2.jpg

E-1

MEX-LEAF-E-1.jpg

E-2

MEX-LEAF-E-2.jpg

F-1

MEX-LEAF-F-1.jpg

F-2

MEX-LEAF-F-2.jpg

Each of these seedlings has a very hollow stem.

MEX-STEM.jpg

MARTA

MARTA

After just 7 days, Plant "B" has produced a very quick rooting clone.

Here are a few shots of the 7 day rooted clone of Plant "B"

MEX--B-CLONED-1.jpg

MEX--B-CLONED-2.jpg

MEX--B-CLONED-3.jpg

MARTA

MARTA

After taking clones, the females that I decided to keep are Plant "B" and Plant "F".

These two females displayed the best expression of desired features for cultivating flowers.

None of the males were all that impressive, so they were all culled. (I hope to find a really stellar male in the 12 remaining seeds.)

Here a a few shots of a clone of the most impressive female, Plant "B"

MEX-B-CLONE-1.jpg

MEX-B-CLONE-2.jpg

MEX-B-CLONE-3.jpg

MEX-B-CLONE-4.jpg

MEX-B-CLONE-5.jpg

MEX-B-CLONE-6.jpg

MEX-B-CLONE-7.jpg

MEX-B-CLONE-8.jpg

MEX-B-CLONE-9.jpg

MEX-B-CLONE-10.jpg

MEX-B-CLONE-11.jpg

MEX-B-CLONE-12.jpg

MEX-B-CLONE-13.jpg

MEX-B-CLONE-14.jpg

MEX-B-CLONE-15.jpg

MARTA

MARTA

I am currently flowering two clones of Plant "B" untopped, and one clone of Plant "F" topped once.

Plant "B" 3 days after the switch to 12/12.

MEX-B-FLIPPED.jpg

Don't mind the color, they are beginning to stretch and I had to use the Tungsten filter on my camera and take around 70 shots just to get one that looked alright.

MARTA

MARTA

Due to the intensity of light in my bloom room, and the inability of both of my digital camera's to take good shots under an HPS with the tungsten filter enabled, I moved the two clones of Plant "B" to a more suitable area for taking pictures on day 21 of flower.

Day 21 of Flower, Plant "B"

MEX-FLOWER-B-1.jpg

MEX-FLOWER-B-2.jpg

MEX-FLOWER-B-3.jpg

MEX-FLOWER-B-4.jpg

MEX-FLOWER-B-5.jpg

MEX-FLOWER-B-6.jpg

MEX-FLOWER-B-7.jpg

MEX-FLOWER-B-8.jpg

MEX-FLOWER-B-9.jpg

MEX-FLOWER-B-10.jpg

MEX-FLOWER-B-11.jpg

MEX-FLOWER-B-12.jpg

She has a strong aroma of pintos & cheese + nitromethane.

Hence the name, Mustang II.

I will continue to update as the flower cycle progresses.

convex

convex

Those plants are beautiful Marta!

We have a few things in common ...

I too am a Nortel expat. - was lucky to leave in 2000 while there were still decent packages and incentives to move on. Mrs. C wasn't so lucky, she held on to the end before getting quite sick and is now one of the unfortunate four hundred fighting for a few cents on the dollar for the under funded Health and Welfare 'trust'.

I also have a thread going on my Oaxaca run, alas I have no males am trying to reverse a cut for S1's ... if you do come across a worthy male in your endevours, we should probably talk ;)

Look forward to see these progress - Best of Luck!

Cheers

T

Test Master

Sweet... I love the Landrace strains.... I'll be lurking around this one for sure..

T

Test Master

Lookin good. I love a nice landrace show...

I'll be picking up some beans that were saved from the early 1980's of Colombian Gold. Cant wait to try and crack those things.

E

el boyo

nice, i was just there 2 weeks ago for a wedding.. the reception was in the botanic garden and the ceremony in santo domingo... beautiful city and gardens no doubt.. spent about a week there.. good luck with that gear there..

suerte

bodhi seeds

bodhi seeds

cool stuff....

i love the leaf shots....

ahhhh the botanical garden, and all those mimosa trees surrounding it....

and the tejate!

mezcal....

ok....

im gonna stay focused on thread....

cant wait to see what happens...

MARTA

MARTA

Those plants are beautiful Marta!

We have a few things in common ...

I too am a Nortel expat. - was lucky to leave in 2000 while there were still decent packages and incentives to move on. Mrs. C wasn't so lucky, she held on to the end before getting quite sick and is now one of the unfortunate four hundred fighting for a few cents on the dollar for the under funded Health and Welfare 'trust'.

I also have a thread going on my Oaxaca run, alas I have no males am trying to reverse a cut for S1's ... if you do come across a worthy male in your endevours, we should probably talk ;)

Look forward to see these progress - Best of Luck!

Cheers

Thank you for the kind words!

Nortel was the final straw for me...

I have since stopped working for others, and begun working with others, to better the world we inhabit, not capitalize on it.

I am subscribed to, and following your thread closely.

If I find a good male, I will definitely be studding him out for some BX work. :cool0041:

Lookin good. I love a nice landrace show...

I'll be picking up some beans that were saved from the early 1980's of Colombian Gold. Cant wait to try and crack those things.

Hey Test Master, thanks for sitting in, enjoy the show. :hi

There's gold in them there beans!

nice, i was just there 2 weeks ago for a wedding.. the reception was in the botanic garden and the ceremony in santo domingo... beautiful city and gardens no doubt.. spent about a week there.. good luck with that gear there..

suerte

It is very beautiful, I wish I could have stayed there forever! :time

cool stuff....

i love the leaf shots....

ahhhh the botanical garden, and all those mimosa trees surrounding it....

and the tejate!

mezcal....

ok....

im gonna stay focused on thread....

cant wait to see what happens...

Whoa! What an honor it is to have to along for the ride.

I've admired your work since my return to the states.

I like to document as much information as possible, it helps when I begin breeding projects.

I hope my humble project meets your expectations. :big_boss:

winta

winta

wow those girls look beautiful bro! those look top notch im glad u are tryin to work these! what smells u gettin?

MARTA

MARTA

wow those girls look beautiful bro! those look top notch im glad u are tryin to work these! what smells u gettin?

The aroma is very strong, that of Pintos & Cheese + Nitromethane...

So, Frijoles + Sharp Cheddar + Nitromethane.

Or as an experience, if a Top Fuel Dragster crashed into a Taco Bell @ 200MPH :rock

winta

winta

nice! i cant wait to see more!

The aroma is very strong, that of Pintos & Cheese + Nitromethane...

So, Frijoles + Sharp Cheddar + Nitromethane.

Or as an experience, if a Top Fuel Dragster crashed into a Taco Bell @ 200MPH :rock

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Totally stoked on all these pure genetics threads poppin' up!!! Jus' responded to your PM Marta, and im totally stoked, also subbed up! Cant wait to see where these take ya!

T

TreFarmer

despite what lot of people think colombian gold is

a short semi indica looking possible hybrid

it will grow a fine plant and not the 16 wk kind either

your photos look great

the oaxacan mustang does look VERY chunky for a sativa

you will see the oaxacan in convex's thread is very skinny

your plants are so healthy

thanks for this thread ..can't wait to see the finish

you are fortunate and focused to have collected the beans before mexico gets

indica/ized...like Jamaica

and that is imho not good..

people like you and i will make sure the genes don't

get diluted
^^^^^^THIS^^^^
LANDRACE OAXACAN!!!!!! I GOT THREE OF MY BEST FRIENDS RIGHT HERE!!!
GOT MORE??? THAN I CAN TYPE RIGHT NOW...
You might like this pic Marta;) IBL Mazar... but the fun part is the rug under him... is came from Mitla....
DSC_00152.jpg

I missed Monté Alban, 5 days of Fiesta fireworks, two days in Puerto Escondito, 16 hrs of switchbacks in a "bus", and no meds to return to... layed down for a nap at 11 AM and woke up at 9 AM the next day...
Man Oaxaca is one of the most beautiful and welcoming peoples I have had the Honour of being embraced by;) I love Em!!

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Plants are looking stellar Marta! Love me a new project to follow! Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Crom

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Good luck on this grow this should b an interesting thread.. I wish I could see all the pics on page 1 tho.. I'm on a iPhone & when there r lots of pics on the page none come out.. All I can see is a bunch of question marks????

Top Bottom