Mwd Going Organic

• Thread starter midwestdensies
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Sorry I'm late. Got a spare chair? Will be adding a veg tent to my setup, so this is a great thread to get some tips and hints. Looking good thus far. Hope you dont mind if I ask lots of questions @midwestdensies :D

Will use tent to veg and have a 10' x 10' bloom room. As never having run tents I have a little trepidation on heat management. Summer is coming to the desert and am open to any tips and suggestions. Will be looking at either SJ or Gorilla tent prolly in the 6 x 6 size maybe a little larger. I am wondering will a 400 w MH/HPS setup be enough light to veg in a 6 x 6 tent? I have a spare 400 cfm can fan for ventilation. Do you think that will be adequate?

Peace

Last edited:
O

Organicyumyum

Sorry I'm late. Got a spare chair? Will be adding a veg tent to my setup, so this is a great thread to get some tips and hints. Looking good thus far. Hope you dont mind if I ask lots of questions @midwestdensies :D

Will use tent to veg and have a 10' x 10' bloom room. As never having run tents I have a little trepidation on heat management. Summer is coming to the desert and am open to any tips and suggestions. Will be looking at either SJ or Gorilla tent prolly in the 6 x 6 size maybe a little larger. I am wondering will a 400 w MH/HPS setup be enough light to veg in a 6 x 6 tent? I have a spare 400 cfm can fan for ventilation. Do you think that will be adequate?

Peace

That 400 w should be enough for that tent if you're just vegging. That fan should be enough as well as long as you have it on continuously. Tents definitely get hot quickly….however, with a tent that size and a light that small you should be fine as long as your house is pretty cool.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@Organicyumyum Thanks for the reply man. In the heat of summer here the best ambient temps I can get with the central AC is going to be 80 Deg F outside the tent. So the incoming air will be chilled by the AC like I said it will start at 80 d. Outside temps here get to 115. So the AC runs all day and well into the night. I hope I wont have to buy any other cooling devices.

I will post elsewhere as to not clutter MWD's thread........

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

L x W x H =cf so proper exhaust is key, saying that superb flow is 3x that of the cf per minute. All fans have cfm ratings. Run passive or add inline fan 50-60% of the exhaust to create a negative pressure and youll be fine. Im running tents on a flip to help heat so just one.light is on at a time @jumpincactus

J

JayJammer

Hey midwest. Looking good as usual. I've read all of your stuff on here I really like your approach to growing.
Keep it up brodie! :)

Pimp T

Pimp T

Really needed to put a proper fan in a tent for proper circulation but tents make it so hard so came up with this idea. A friend actually did who was staying at my place for a few days who happens to be an old head.

View attachment 491899 View attachment 491900 View attachment 491901 View attachment 491903 The plants will be in their final home later today in beds of the cooked soil so i will update that when completed. The stalks are fat as fuck imo and wondering if that small amount of fasilitor foliar and feed helped.
I just started using fasilitor and have definitely noticed stems are way bigger and recover from supercropping faster @midwestdensies

CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

We are making a homemade fogger with a tote, some tubing, small fan and an ultrasonic fogger from mainlandmart.com with buoy. Its a very easy device to make and can be.had for 175-200$. In this room just 1 should be needed. Thanks for checking out brother.
fucking i'll use that for my house just for some moisture in the air, winter time.. are you showing how you make that unit?

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I dont have a space for either and mostly enough stuff to compost. i do have a worm farm its bomb shit but not enough. Need to fire that biotch up again..

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I dont have a space for either and mostly enough stuff to compost. i do have a worm farm its bomb shit but not enough. Need to fire that biotch up again..
How much work is having a worm condo @midwestdensies ? Been thinking about it. But with a great farm down the road I get some pretty good grade vermicompost for fairly cheap.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Both tents looking nice. Been busy with other things but tonight trellis will go in so we can flip in a few days max.
Brewed an alfalfa based tea then foliared them full strength. Will dilute 3 gallons of tea in 15 gallons of water to feed.
First time using simplicitea tea packs and its nice earthy smell is all i can say for now.
I cant wait for the flip to come because the tents are both on making the temps hot which im not used to. Im used to dialed rooms with ac this is just where i lay my head and have no maintenance or yardwork.
CAM01304
CAM01306

KILLERCHEF420

KILLERCHEF420

After my pheno hunting is done im going back to running organics too 1 half will be amended coco on all 3 veg+bloom powders and compost teas other half straight organic soil really cant wait man the plants look good brother temps and humidity are a bitch in tents that why i quit running humidifiers in mine it would condensate off the roof and shit lol idk but i have grown accustom to them they have their positives and negatives but the gorilla grow tents are making up for the negatives thats my next big upgrade a new flower and veg tent anyway looking good brother hope you get a lil rest take it easy man......

KC420

Latest posts

Top Bottom